Thread: Do You Text People?

Default Do You Text People?

(stolen from my guild website)

I know I do but it is hard to text and walk at the same time, sort of like chewing gum and walking. So, to save us from ourselves there is an experiment in London for us.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335896,00.html

Default Re: Do You Text People?

I've actually never heard of this until now and it's funny because I go to London all the time >< (like every weekend)
    Last edited by Lluianae; 03-08-2008 at 02:45 PM.

not to be mean or 'ol fashion... but that's just retarded... if your going to text then do so and watch out where you are going... i mean really do they really want the city to paint lines on the side walk so they don't have to look where they are going...

/shrug

Texting is just dumb to me. I especially hate the blue tooth users! Cant tell who the heck they talking to!

Tandia said in post #3 :
    not to be mean or 'ol fashion... but that's just retarded... if your going to text then do so and watch out where you are going... i mean really do they really want the city to paint lines on the side walk so they don't have to look where they are going...

/shrug
    /giggles

I honestly could not agree with you more. It is really silly that they would actually pad the light posts so people do not hurt themselves. A text message can not be that important that you can not stop or pay attention to what you are doing. I know the ones that scare me are the people that text while driving. What will they do for them?

The state that I live in just this month passed legislation that texting while driving is grounds enough to be pulled over and given a $100 fine. Even as someone that has (in the past) sent texts while driving - I think that this a great law. (HA - you can tell I've grown up alot recently - I used to text my boyfriend while stopped at red lights almost every morning on my way to work!) Good thing I stopped!

i do not in an increasingly vain attempt to preserve what little remains of the english language in all its wicked diversity~ kC