Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think we NEED it

14 29.79%
  • I just "WANT" it

5 10.64%
  • /shrug game is easy enough, potions are fine

21 44.68%
  • I want it because everyone else has it, and it isn't game breaking to give it to clerics

2 4.26%
  • we should have it because we are casters

3 6.38%
  • who cares

2 4.26%
  • other

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do Clerics "Need" Invis or just "want it"

Default Re: Do Clerics

Miriella said in post #28 :
    Oh, so you do draw the line somewhere?

:-( i had to give my info to a guildy because i had to go to work. thats too much! altho one of the best feelings ever i had in the game was when "we were guild001" and went and rescued a small family guild.

i remember one of my first hate raids...remember how there would be a ton of mod rods lying on the ground? well after a death, i was using them over and over (back then, no refresh on them) and killed myself! DOH ;-) but i did get my purple pants! OMG they had +7 wisdom!

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

Ah yes mod rods. Now that you mention it, I do remember how mages used to throw them all over the ground. But I don't think I ever killed myself with them, I generally watched my own hp pretty well. But that reminds me of that shaman who got himself killed in BoT. Then he started cannibalizing while we were fighting. Don't you hate those guys sometimes?

Soandso winces.
    Soandso winces.
    Soandso winces.
    Soandso winces.
    Soandso winces.
    Soandso winces.

Some would sit down and stand up all the time to get med ticks between casts. So, he winces down to almost dead and.....

A vind militis says, "You will not evade me Soandso!"

Yep low HP aggro, one rounded of course, and dead again. Hey it's fine, my epic has unlimited charges
    Miriella
    75 Cleric of Innoruuk
    Cazic Thule

Default Re: Do Clerics "Need" Invis or just "want it"

i never used to watch my health :-(

until i had a UI built for me that included my health in it!! woot 6 member group window ftw!

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

Gah...Mod Rod self-kills were the worst!

I'm not saying it's a top issue or medium issue - but on an 'issue' list it should still be there as a desire for us.
    - Can look at it this way. Low priority it. Keep it on list.
    - It indicates a desire but shows we realize it's lower priority for them/devs. Not having it at all means there is no interest.
    I completely agree with this statement. Because there has been so many requests over the years for it, I don't think it should be taken off the list. Keep it on there, but remember where it's at on the list.

The problem I have is when Lluianae asks what should we focus on for new/updated AAs, and after invis was mentioned and dismissed, an extremely useful thread is potentially derailed because of outcry over why the invis AA was not going to be actively persued. Discussion was refocused on that issue instead of generating more of the awesome ideas that were mentioned. Would it be better if when requests for ideas like this are made that Lluianae starts out with a disclaimer stating the issue is assumed to be on the list and will be added at the end?

I really don't think the best way to present a list of requests to the devs is to start it out with

CLERIC INVIS!!!1!!1!!one!!!eleventy!!/rawr!!

and have the conversation go something like this:

Rashere: "Oh those Clerics! I bet the rest of this list is just as ridiculous."
    Nodyin: "How about we just give them an AA that allows them to summon bread that isn't burnt? Oooo...and one to increase the Sense Heading skill cap to 300!! Then they will really know what direction they are going!"

Now, I am pretty certain that wouldn't be the case but do we want to take the chance they will stop taking us seriously because we decided to pursue it that way?

Yes, I do agree it should be on the list.
    No, I don't believe it should be at the top or remotely near it.
    If we do keep asking for it, they may finally give in and give it to us.
    If they ever do, awesome!
    If they still don't, we can add it on to the next request list and I'll just keep on drinking my potions.
    EQ
    Jornam
    75 Cleric

WoW
    Vostagg
    70 Warrior

im fine with using our crappy potions since they are instant cast and all so what 10pp to an 80 cleric thats like 1cp.

Miriella said in post #28 :
    Honestly, I don't know exactly how easy the game has become. I quit during OoW and it certainly wasn't trivial yet back then. Since then I've only been back for short visits, like now.
    oow....so thats way before guild standards and fellowship ports? i missed you saying when you stopped playing. oow..thats WoS, MPG, RSS era? did they have guild hall and guild lobby then? i forget :-(

i bet you didn't know a raid leader can place a "banner" then guildies use the guild portal to port right to the raid? the first 25 peeps or so, not exactly sure how it works, actualy have to run to the raid, the rest it is just a port away. i know i am always late, so i just use the banner. first thing people ask when they log in... "Banner up?" doesn't get much easier than that.

then felowship ports..if you have the same group of friends, you make a fellowship, then just port to them when grouped.

spell cast invis.....pfft ;-P

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

oow....so thats way before guild standards and fellowship ports? i missed you saying when you stopped playing. oow..thats WoS, MPG, RSS era? did they have guild hall and guild lobby then? i forget :-(
    Yes, WoS, MPG, RSS, also Anguish though I didn't play long enough to get there. No, there was no guild hall/lobby yet, I think that was added with DoN.

i bet you didn't know a raid leader can place a "banner" then guildies use the guild portal to port right to the raid? the first 25 peeps or so, not exactly sure how it works, actualy have to run to the raid, the rest it is just a port away. i know i am always late, so i just use the banner. first thing people ask when they log in... "Banner up?" doesn't get much easier than that.
    I heard about it... didn't it just get disabled temporarily because of an exploit?

See, I was fine with actually travelling to where I'm going like we did back in the day, why do people need to have everything made so easy nowadays?? =p
    Miriella
    75 Cleric of Innoruuk
    Cazic Thule

Banners got disabled to port into instances as there were people abusing raid lockouts with it, essentially bypassing them.

yeah but they still rock

to do DSk you just grab portal to out side the instance, zone in, get a coth - err lol i was gone a long time too, the zone with hatchet... we farming that all the time it seems. so i log in, grab a banner, no need run accross numerous zones.

so left before the lobby? LOL talk about EASY, you pay, poof your body drops at your feet. BUT even that wasn't easy enough, people complained about haveing to travel one non aggro zone away to goto the bank to get the pp to buy the item to summon you, so now they put a banker in lobby too.

left before guild hall? OMG talk about easy!! it is like haveing a pocket druid. you pay and can port to almost every "key" cross road zone.

travel is trivial

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Not to offend but I think this poll is skewed. All 3 of the options that have the words "i want it" should count as one. For whatever reason, whether it is because others have it, we're a caster, whatever. I personally want it for a few other reasons. While I am sure that we will never get a self insta cast, having a spell at all will allow me to go down to maybe 1-2 stacks of "oh crap" potions, instead of the 4 or so stacks I carry now. 2 extra inventory slots would be awesome. On the other hand I would also be really pleased if they made them stack to 100. I can make these statements with confidence because I also have a high level bst alt, and I have had no need to carry around quite as many stacks because he has at the least one of the lowest forms of self invis possible (it's about time bst got soe but that's another board lol).

So anyway, we don't "need" it, but we have gotten lots of cool stuff over the years that we don't "need" (VoV anyone?). BUt as far as the poll goes, I do believe all of the "want" options should be considered as one.

Now more up to date with more recent EQ experience:

Travel is trivial now!

Well it always has been to some degree. But for instance running to Ashengate, I don't know that I would've wanted to do that without invis.

Fellowships!

Do you always want to play only with your fellowship? Do you always want to be the one who sits on their butt in PoK waiting for the campfire? What if you are among the first 3 to log on and you want to get on your way to speed things up?

Guild banners!

Ok I don't have experience with those, but what if you are for instance a recruit? You can't use them if you're not in the guild, can you?

But best of all, it's no big deal. No? Well, to the EQ devs it apparently is! But it gets better. Everyone can now hire a cleric mercenary who can heal and rez, but a cleric self invis would be game breaking? Seriously?

Oh well, it's indeed no big deal, because I already stopped playing my cleric. Most raid clerics are bots now anyway. In fact I've been subscribed to EQ one month in the past half year. So yeah, it's really no big deal.
    Miriella
    75 Cleric of Innoruuk
    Cazic Thule