Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AA Wishlist for 2008

Default AA Wishlist for 2008

First and foremost, sorry for my lack of activity here in a long while. I've been very busy, but also EQCleric.com is blocked from viewing at my college network which doesn't help too much.

Anyways!

Nodyin's after ideas from the communities of all classes. Given the odd situation I had this from one of the other Corrs, nonetheless, the information can still be gathered and sent off.

Ideally, what would be good is:

General/Archtype/Class aa's you would like to see
    General/Archtype/Class aa's you would like to see more of

Be innovative, don't allow fears of coding limitations hold you back (but of course, within what is reasonably requestable)

Default Re: AA Wishlist for 2008

Make Complete Heal worth using again! I would spend 12 aas to purchase an ability that did that.

Although it's not a huge issue to me, some sort of self-invis will likely be asked for. Rather than a self-invis, I think a "do not agro me" aura of some type would be more in line with class lore. Think of how the Pope or the Dalai Lama walk through a crowd and everyone bows down and lets them pass. It would work best as a self-only effect, and is in line with our pacification abilities rather than our noted lack of lore to support invis.

Divine Avatar needs to give us better dps. I still get out dpsed even by enchanters while using it. I'm not expecting zerker or rogue dps, but I'd still like to hit it and not do less damage than a chanter's dots.
    Celedine Crashcart
    80 Exemplar of Tunare
    Retired Hussy

I'm having a bit of a hard time with this. How long have we been asking for a modest self invis? Why ask us what we want; it doesn't feel like we'd be listened to anyway.

But ok then, yes a self invis AA would be good. I wouldn't mind spending some AA points on it. It would hardly be overpowered, it would only save us a lot of inconvenience and expenses.

If I think of anything else I'll add it.
    Miriella
    75 Cleric of Innoruuk
    Cazic Thule

I'd like to see increased ranks in Healing Adept.

Aditionally, I would spend points in an AA that reduces the amount of time it takes for the heal to go off on our promised renewal spells. Have it so the first rank in the ability will promise the heal in 15 seconds instead of 18, and the second rank would reduce it to 12.

I would also like to see a shared set duration group IVU AA similar to shared camo.

I am for anything that will improve our healing

I would like to see improved healing , ie: healing for MORE when our tanks are so much bigger now in hps. not sure how this would translate into an aa tho.

I would also like to see a dramatic improvement in cures for the cleric class, less timers , more single targets and better improved overall function.

I do not care a whit about invis or dps improvements. altho nicer graphics for cleric weapons/pet would be nice lol <--that's not an aa /sorry =)
    Last edited by Silye; 01-27-2008 at 11:08 PM.
    Silye

In response to a few things that have been brought up before:

Healing Adept is (unfortunately) a line they have no plans of continuing given the scaling power it gives/gave. As much as I disagree with Rashere and the dev team's stance on it, I can understand their point.

In response to Group IVU as an AA, Prathun gave us Fool the Fallen as a regular spell in SoF but again they have no plans of an AA variant like Shard Camo.

We should have gotten group AA fixed ivu long time ago and we still dont have it /sadface

Something i would like to see is a Quickened Healing aa. Similar to the Wizard aa for faster casting nukes.

ohh! and an aa that makes your clicky buffs last until you die that would rock! (yeah i know, thats pretty out there, but i hate having to do all those clickies all the time! heh)

All wonderful ideas presented here. I would love to see some type of AA that is like an extension of the Archetype SCR/SCRM line of AAs - but would be specific ONLY to our Ward line of spells, like Ward of Requital or Ward of Reprisal. I realize that with maxxed-out SCRM AA we do have a 50% extended self-ward already - but I feel I am always re-casting this on myself when soloing, and to have an ability to extend this defensive proc buff longer than about 3 minutes would make me so happy. Just an idea I've been wishing for.

An AA that would reduce the cast time of Cheal would be nice as mentioned Cheal is now useless unless im grouping back in ashengate to help guildies farm faction for future TSS raids there is no other use for it.

cant use it in any SoF zone now cast time wont allow but the tanks im grouping with are reaching 25k+ without any buffs , light heals crit for 16 too 17k regularly but 3 constant pulled mobs in crysto leaves me oom , Im 1 rank short of max mental clarity and max mystical attuning but still run oom after 2 or 3 mobs.

Cheal made clerics back in the day up untill an expansion or so ago it was still the right coice in group stuff but today even group things require faster casting heals to keep up with mob dps and tank hp's

Cheal crits for 19.5k and light rank 1 heals for 16+ k on crits i dont see why decreasing the cast time would be such a bad deal.

Alwyzn Nthamood
    "I would rather live one day as a lion ....
    than one thousand years as a lamb"

J.Page

I think the devs stated they were not going to upgrade our CH(unfortunately). I don't know it exactly though

Im sure they wont they havnt all these expansion but its a pretty good argument im sure rank 2 and eventually rank3 light heals will completly make me move or delete Cheal from my books, but the argument is there 9500 heal for 400 mana would be effective but the 10 second cast time makes it useless anymore.

i could even handle a manacost adjustment with the cast time adjusment but one of the 2 class defining things that make clerics such efficiant healers is now gone with only the 96% rez left from the orignal game.

Alwyzn Nthamood
    "I would rather live one day as a lion ....
    than one thousand years as a lamb"

J.Page

Group DI.... I think its a spell past its time, or even group deathpac. It would be really really good on raids groups . I also agree with an early post about some way to get past mobs thats like invis but not invis. * the you cant attack me cause iam so holy thing fits for a cleric* and last Self only rezz ( can click a selfonly rezz and pop at corps rezzed ( ya i can dream )
    1 group DI or death pac
    2 some type of invis
    3 self only rezz that will pop you at corps

WE REALLY REALLY REALLY need a self invis!!! We really arent asking much on this and it doesnt throw off the power balance at all. You gave druids and shammies a lot more healing power to be in-line with a cleric, how bout you give us a self invis AA like you do for druids to give us some of their goodies!

Evellin said in post #11 :
    I think the devs stated they were not going to upgrade our CH(unfortunately). I don't know it exactly though
    This is true. The developers have no plans on tweaking, nor upgrading CH by any additional means.