Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: AA Wishlist for 2008

Default Re: AA Wishlist for 2008

I know this probably isn't something that can be handled by aa's, but how about an improved (non resistable) root spell/aa, the old lv 64 spell hasn't cut it for a long time. I need some way to park mobs when I get more than i can handle soloing or when CC goes south in a group situation and i'm being knocked about like a pinball.

I know it probably won't happen, but you asked for ideas.

Tam's Stuff
    Lv 79 Cleric - Veeshan's Fury

caminrya said in post #43 :
    I know we should ease off the dead horse but! I would just want to know there logic behind not giving clerics invis. I guess iam on of those clerics that hate having to run out of invis pots in the middle of corps run or running out at bad time. In the end its allways the cleric going on CR, and there one of the wrost one to do it. necros have FD and invis shammy and drulds both have fixed invis. We clerics have what a 10 plat pot of invis we pray dont run out! So here my thought

! Give us an aa that makes the invis pot fixed !
    All the reasons you gave here explain exactly why a cleric SHOULD have a self invis. I can totally see why we shouldnt have a single cast invis to cast on others but a self invis only helps us make the corpse runs and rez the rest of the group without having to go to pok or the bank to get invis potions.

Before the guild lobby i would agree with the arguement about clerics doin gthe CR. Now all it takes is a druid,shaman,necro thatcan call/rez a cleric to regroup. or, if things are that bad you all summon to lobby and go at it again. So imo, having invis to make a corpse run isn't really a valid argument. I dunno about the other clerics, but for the most part, the clerics i know come prepared. They carry ample emeralds as to not run out. They carry sufficient potions (or have a few in bank) so as to not run short. It all falls into be prepared.

not to mention guild hall for portals all over the world. guild standard to get to raids, fellowship ports, the list goes on. maybe long ago when things were way different. not now, the game is too easy already. how about a little risk with invis ;-P

not to be mean, but have any of you posting vehement arguments about the need for invis ever had to do a real corpse run? ever had to go find a necro or an sk and pay to get them to where your body was? ever sat in nexus for a port to the surface, did you even know about the nexus portals? ever took a boat to get from one continent to another? made the run from FV to LOIO naked through the spiders with no invis at lvl 20ish?

heh, come on, invis pots rule. but i guess it is a matter of perspective, as yeah, travel used to be tough, now..nothing is but one, maybe two pots away on a bad day ;-P

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

That is so not true. Whenever we are at a camp, I always run back if I can get to the CR by running invis'd. Many many clerics do this. With rez stones at 400-500 pp for folks, this makes fisical sense pp wise but practicality wise it makes sense too cause you maintain your camp, you dont have 5 others running back through potentially trechorous areas(you have just the cler running) and you are able to rebound much quicker as well.

It easily takes a good 7-10 pots to get where you need to go most times because they wear off so much. I keep a TON of these things on me and I am constantly having to run to pok to get more cause the stupid things wear off so fast. Once in a great while I will get a cloudy pot that actually lasts but it is not a common thing for sure.

If we dont get invis, then the silly cloudy pots needs to become a fixed invis min. Invis drops kill groups and raids a ton.

I agree with you to a point. I have been playing for a while now myself, and have had to pay many necros and boat rides ( dont fall off the boat for the love of god!! if you ever did it you know what i am talking about ) to get to corps. I do think the only reason this is such a hot topic for many clerics is the devs never really came out and say why it wound hurt the game. Its and issues thats remained unaswerd over all. If a reason came out i thikn this issue would be put to rest.
    I do agree tho, heal AA should be the top of out list for better aa. I just think the ivis issue is many clerics sore spot because for me i feel its never been adressed .
    But yes
    **** We need better heal aa with the Hp the tanks have now /agree 100% invis issues just a old wish ***

There is a fixed invis potion called Philter of Concealment. you need Exceptional Blood found in Shssra to make it.

Domi

7-10 potions everytime you run somewhere eh ? I dunno, i do alot of running and i really i dont have that problem of them wearing off, and if that is the problem, you could set an audio trigger for that and never be a problem. Or, if you are of sufficient level go farm ssra for parts to make fixed potions. As far as the pp part of making potions, platinum for the most part is so easily farmable it isnt even funny. So to buy a few potions i dont think the 10pp is really a factor.
    For anyone that remembers fear raids, where it would take god knows how long to get corpses back. How easy do we really need this game to be ? I do understand some of the thoughts as to why yuou want potions, but i prefer a bit of a challenge doing some things in this game, even if it is getting from point A to pont B.
    Anyways, sorry for derailing this thread, but these are merely my opinions.

Time is ticking, please bear in mind the deadline for class ideas is but a few days ahead and that I believe time would be better spent discussing other ideas, instead of the merits for/against AA invis.

It's a repeated suggestion/desire but it needs to be understood that the chance of it happening is remote - which was my original point in response to Cunyar. It doesn't need to be argued over again and again.

How about an AE heal? Work it like a rain type spell perhaps, 3 waves of say 1.5k? MGB+CR just doesn't seem to cut it anymore, and in situations that would call for an AE heal, the low heal amount of CR doesn't do much anymore.

An upgrade to CR would be nice as well.
    Celedine Crashcart
    80 Exemplar of Tunare
    Retired Hussy

Bring your Achohol Tollerance up that will improve your potion durations.

As for a AA wish for 08 i guess since its obvious that what Most people here want will be ignored as has already been pointed out with regards to Cheals and invise then how aout a self CoH to a corpse ,something that will summon the cleric back to there most recently killed corpse could help in alot of the new zones that have see invise mobs mixed with none see invisers and can mean the diffrence in loosing a camp and simply a a 10 minute delay while a wiped group recovers.

Alwyzn Nthamood
    "I would rather live one day as a lion ....
    than one thousand years as a lamb"

J.Page

not to be mean, but have any of you posting vehement arguments about the need for invis ever had to do a real corpse run? ever had to go find a necro or an sk and pay to get them to where your body was? ever sat in nexus for a port to the surface, did you even know about the nexus portals? ever took a boat to get from one continent to another? made the run from FV to LOIO naked through the spiders with no invis at lvl 20ish?
    I started playing EQ a couple of months after release, and have played various classes. Yes, I know all about old school CR, and then some. But I think this isn't only about CR, it's also about travel. I think for me personally travel is the bigger thing probably. Yes, I remember, I remember when I could run all around Antonica with SoW or jboots. Not saying it was safe, but the risks were manageable if you knew what you were doing and payed attention. But by the time we had reached GoD, my invis had better not drop while running across Natimbi, Kod`Taz, etc. Then I'm not even talking about see invis mobs since that isn't specific to cleric invis.

I think one of the strongest arguments for cleric invis is that all other casters get it and I haven't heard any argument against it, other than "it's always been this way", so I still don't understand why we are singled out like that at this point. It may not have been a big deal during EQ classic, but times change and invis is mandatory for a lot of travel. Now if we would actually be given a good reason instead of just "we're not gonna do it"...
    Time is ticking, please bear in mind the deadline for class ideas is but a few days ahead and that I believe time would be better spent discussing other ideas, instead of the merits for/against AA invis.

It's a repeated suggestion/desire but it needs to be understood that the chance of it happening is remote - which was my original point in response to Cunyar. It doesn't need to be argued over again and again.
    I already figured the chance was pretty small, considering that we've been asking for this for years. Maybe it's only a little thing, but if it is, then why is it such a huge deal to the devs to give us that?

Funny how this comes up just as I'm finally taking another peek in EQ. I'm at a bit of a crossroads, but not making any decisions yet as to where I'm going. I was strongly considering coming back to EQ, but this McQ style stubborness makes me hesitate.
    What good is it to suggest things if the things we feel we need are dismissed out of hand?

Not yelling at you Llu, but my retirement wasn't just because I needed to take care of my baby son. Stuff like players not being listened to is one big reason EQ is losing a lot of its player base.
    Exactly. I know you can't always do everything the players want, and they often want contradictory things anyway. But sometimes there is this feeling that the devs are just being stubborn, and when we can't even get a real answer to such a long standing concern it's like we're talking to a wall.

However, I'm not blaming Llu either, I know it's not your decision and you are trying to advise us as well as possible.
    Miriella
    75 Cleric of Innoruuk
    Cazic Thule

please leave this thread for AA wish list, AA invis has been mentioned already. please debate AA invis here if you wish:

http://www.eqcleric.com/forums/showt...threadid=11780

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

1 how about an aa that gives our aura effectt to others outside the group

2 An aa that lets tou turn endrance in to mana

3 an aa that gives anyone you group with a smal shot not to die when they reach 0 think passive DI

4 * the one i like the most* an aa that once you start will make evey heal you cast crit heal

I liked the AE heal idea. Even if it wasn't all that large, in a raid if it was timed right several clerics could figuratively heal the entire raid. It would need to be coordinated just right but it would be nice.
    CLICK HERE TO GET A SURPRISE

Become a Knight

The KISSing Cleric of Mystical Lightfighters
    Loraly's Toys