Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AA Wishlist for 2008

Default Re: AA Wishlist for 2008

Why does a wizard need invis? Answer? They dont, but they got it dont they? Come on really! I think the only thing unrealistic is the standards the devs have set forth. Guess I can stop reading this thread. /sigh

I don't understand the dire need for Invis. We have been using pots for years, and they are insta clicky, so if it is fading in the middle of mobs just click another one and you won't get seen.

I LOVE the PR AA idea, maybe an passive, innate Undead proc/bonus dmg for clerics? Better yet, not an AA but a new undead nuke =P

cunyar, have you set an audio trigger up for when the invis starts to fade? i used to have the same anger of the invis pots before you could set up the audio triggers. since then, haven't died again from invis fading. then the addition of the potion belt. couldn't ask for much more.

all of those changes i think are why we won't get an aa or spell for invis. it is already taken care of, not just for us, but for everyone without the instant aa invis.

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

I'm still one that will argue for and cling to wanting invis. Having my husband (mage) with 4 ways to invis himself and the classes like pally, clerics, etc. without a single one doesn't make sense and is an imbalance.
    - Lower priority for sure than other things but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Even with a mage husband, I go through 10 stacks of invis pots a week (6 on the slow weeks). That's a lot of plat that only a few classes have to deal with, and given how long the game has been around, it should be time to change that.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

Class
    1. AE Rezz
    2. Grp DI be nice
    3. Something to reduce cast time of DI mebbe?
    4. A sustainable pet..? as in not dying when mobs do.. or does the current pet aa stay up after a mob dies.. lmao sorry I havent trained in it yet!
    5. A hasten for Devine Ressurrection

General
    1. inate aa for corruption resist

Cunyar said in post #31 :
    Why does a wizard need invis? Answer? They dont, but they got it dont they? Come on really! I think the only thing unrealistic is the standards the devs have set forth. Guess I can stop reading this thread. /sigh
    Perfected Invis was given to all the int casters in SoF, except Necromancers given they already had an AA one from before. They all already had means of regular [fixed] invis by their spells.

As clerics, we have [fixed] IvU as spells, that is also the innate invis AA that we do have. My point being, there isn't much logic in giving an invis type that is out of class by AA when they don't even have it by spell to begin with. As much as a desire may be, this is one fact that can never be overlooked.

Yes, potions are a platsink for certain classes (some melees included) but the game is riddled with them. Just as healing/kei/haste potions are a plat sink. But it's not as simple as justifying getting something because you don't have it, even after years.

It doesn't mean you have to stop reading this thread though. I'd for sure hope there were several ideas worth checking out for a new expansion besides just one wish.
    Last edited by Lluianae; 02-04-2008 at 03:17 AM.

crystilla said in post #34 :
    I'm still one that will argue for and cling to wanting invis. Having my husband (mage) with 4 ways to invis himself and the classes like pally, clerics, etc. without a single one doesn't make sense and is an imbalance.
    - Lower priority for sure than other things but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Even with a mage husband, I go through 10 stacks of invis pots a week (6 on the slow weeks). That's a lot of plat that only a few classes have to deal with, and given how long the game has been around, it should be time to change that.
    Why not use a gnomish vanishing device before moving and only use the more expensive potions when invis is dropping while moving?

That's what I do on my bot.

i /second AE rez

not game altering in the least. doesn't take anything from anyone. all it does is make it so we don't have to target so many damn bodies.

make it an updrade to the aa rez ;-)

or, if they think being able to do it over and over is too much, make it a seperate line with 24 hour refresh, then another aa line to shorten that refresh.

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

As for clerics getting invis, i really dont think it is that big of a deal.I have gotten used to haveing no fixed invis so to add i could care less either way. I am more of a raiding cleric vs grouping. I would be happier with Ae rezz and group DI.

A DI without using emeralds would be nice =)

could be an aa that would make you use less even !
    Silye

Make MGB work with the new AA rez! That would be fairly easy to code, wouldn't it?
    Celedine Crashcart
    80 Exemplar of Tunare
    Retired Hussy

You could join a raiding guild that doesFC raids and get the aug there that reduces reagents used, that would help ya out on emeralds.

I know we should ease off the dead horse but! I would just want to know there logic behind not giving clerics invis. I guess iam on of those clerics that hate having to run out of invis pots in the middle of corps run or running out at bad time. In the end its allways the cleric going on CR, and there one of the wrost one to do it. necros have FD and invis shammy and drulds both have fixed invis. We clerics have what a 10 plat pot of invis we pray dont run out! So here my thought

! Give us an aa that makes the invis pot fixed !

caminrya said in post #43 :
    ! Give us an aa that makes the invis pot fixed !
    that seems a bit better. maybe more in the lines of something to reduce the "chance" of it fading, more ranks, less chance.

/shrug

once again i am fine with invis as it is ;-P

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

drukor1 said in post #42 :
    You could join a raiding guild that doesFC raids and get the aug there that reduces reagents used, that would help ya out on emeralds.
    I'm guessing you mean Molded Agate Trinket (decrease chance of using reagent by 15% at level 75) ? It's a very nice aug indeed (130m) but dkp being what it is and drops being what they are it's not always feasible or possible to get every aug i want =/ and yes, I'm in a raiding guild....

really just tossing out ideas , some good some bad lol, of things that affect my toon to some degree. =)
    Silye