Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AA Wishlist for 2008

Default Re: AA Wishlist for 2008

Just as a warning, but this has a deadline by the 10th of February. So all ideas and suggestions must be before said date, the sooner the better

What good is it to suggest things if the things we feel we need are dismissed out of hand?

Not yelling at you Llu, but my retirement wasn't just because I needed to take care of my baby son. Stuff like players not being listened to is one big reason EQ is losing a lot of its player base.
    Celedine Crashcart
    80 Exemplar of Tunare
    Retired Hussy

Need is always subjective, but when the devs have taken a stance on a given balance point and say they aren't going to change their minds on it, as they haven't for several years, I tend to stick to the belief that efforts are better used elsewhere instead of "beating the dead horse".

Don't get me wrong, I know how some people feel. But time is better spent discussing other things than a CH upgrade that isn't going to happen, or be it asking for Adept when that's been purposefully discontinued for every class who had it, since TSS.
    Last edited by Lluianae; 02-01-2008 at 05:30 PM.

an aa to make dva refresh faster would be nice. if we have to live with a heal that is only 8k, then we need something to get us out of "oh crap" situations. the mobs hit so hard and fast now that 8k heal is nothing. in steam factory if the tank gets below 50% you can be in trouble. can't tell you how many times i have prayed for a crit heal because i got behind and 8k just isn't enough. at that point DvA can bail you out of the jam. however just add one more mob to the fight and now you have burned dva, gems not refreshed and a second mob is in camp. no problem, pop epic. now what if you get behind?

not much to ask for. heh, i would love a 3rd dva type aa/spell. but just speeding the refresh time would be nice.

also we need more mana regen, item, natural.

i am "ok" geared, 16998 hp almost 15k mana self buffed. full mana and item regen aa'ed. full gift aa'ed yet in steam factory we kill 5-10 mobs and then have to med. it wouldn't matter if i had 20k mana. would just be able to kill a few more before having to med. i can't keep up, period. so more mana regen please ;-)

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

General- Chaotic Potential!! (I was sad there was none for SoF :-( )
    General?- Increase Bash Damage/Chance to stun
    Archtype-heal with chance to proc Dmg Mitigation (like abundant healing)
    Class- Instant heal.. around 8k unmodded(But fully moddable with AA's!).. 20 min recast?
    Class- Defensive disc!
    Class- Make some of the "immune to stun" mobs stunnable
    Class- Make VoV line proc more
    Class- Super blast of Mana regen for 30 seconds

/second bettering DVA

Now im not too into the inner-workings of the game and not really privy to past ideas, but what about a "Gather Mana" ie. ENC or some sort of Harvest? I know these seem to be limited to INT casters, but as some others have posted even LB cons in Dragonscale can be nasty. Believe me I would have loved to have a "extra" mana pool a couple nights when somehow we got 7 mobs in camp in the guardian. ENC was on it, had it all locked down! She was able to gather mana so the group didn't wipe.. but she also had to hold mobs mezzed a bit longer so that I could med and get some mana for the last couple mobs!

I really like the idea of the AA to hasten the Promised lines proc time! Even if it was crazy expensive, it would be worth my AA's.

KiTT

Unless my memory is off, there was once the Exquisite Gift? AA that almost made the GoD lineup, but didn't in the end. It was a mana refill AA with 5 ranks, I believe 700 mana regained per rank. So it goes to show that it has been under consideration before, although I could ask why it was axed.

Keyera's post gave me an idea; how about something kind of like a Furious disc, but for us it would make all our heals crit, last for 90 secs, maybe 6 hour refresh time?
    Celedine Crashcart
    80 Exemplar of Tunare
    Retired Hussy

Lluianae said in post #16 :
    Just as a warning, but this has a deadline by the 10th of February. So all ideas and suggestions must be before said date, the sooner the better
    You can or should be able to submit archetype and general AA requests after Feb 10th. Class AA submissions, however..have to be in by then.

Odd that no one(here) used the format Nodyin gave everyone. It was for a reason..ohh well! More work for llu.

btw..get AA's that makes promised renewal fire in like 12 seconds. 18 seconds is an eternity that and I suck at botting a cleric so it's really inconvenient!
    Last edited by Jebasiz; 02-02-2008 at 04:11 PM.

Thanks for the reminder Jeb.

Formatting the info at the end shouldn't be a prob, it's no biggy.

I hate to say it, I love all the idears. But the shot of any dev even giving any of the above even a little thought is at best very small. It is nice to see that most clerics want the samething =). I hope iam wrong and they not only read but use some of the very good idears here =)

wow

some great ideas over the last day. the idea of an aa that makes all heals crit is awesome. not over powering at all. and would be used in those instances where you are praying for a crit. damn good idea.

then the idea about making PR a 12 sec fire time, i could deal with that. 18 seconds is just too long.

great feed back fellow clerics!

i think that is the key to getting something to help us but isn't "too" big. the idea of a revamped CH is NEVER going to happen. i actualy don't want it to happen. anyone that played years ago during luclin shouldn't ever want it to happen again. 40 min cch...hell with that.

anyway, think think think. what is something that helps you, just you, make your job easier. but doesn't realy make you more "powerfull" to me, those are the things that we are most likly to see change.

and i hate to say it, but i would rather everyone get off the self invis thing, or even group. that is such a trivial request (i know so trivial why don't they give it to us) that they prob see that, then just ignore all of the other great ideas. auido trigers and invis pots is all i have needed for a couple of years now. i don't even use my cloudy mask.

anyway, great posts peeps!

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

Sorry Keyera, but while invis potions will invis you....... I cannot count the number of times those stupid potions have failed in the middle of a huge room of mobs. I also want my bag space back as well. It is a pita to carry potion potions for invis.

Self Invis is not trivial by any means and would be an important component of my playing. All these other ideas are great, but number one in my book is a self invis.

An AA self invis for a class that doesn't have regular invis as a spell isn't realistic, I can say that much. The other argument for it not happening is also the thing you do not like to depend on - invis potions. They're stackable as 20 per slot (a change that was desired by the community in general, including ours; in general, a few stacks ought to last quite a while).

Please note, I did say in the OP that ideas should be kept within what is reasonably requestable. Whilst yes, it might be an important facet of what would be the playstyles of some people, can you honestly say it would happen? I can't.

Lluianae said in post #25 :
    Thanks for the reminder Jeb.

Formatting the info at the end shouldn't be a prob, it's no biggy.
    npnp, faster renewal plzthx!