View Poll Results: What do you think clerics need most in the game?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • invis plz * hands tunare an invis scroll* read this plz

19 40.43%
  • More Undead debuffs and Dmg * I want to make undead fear the cleric again*

10 21.28%
  • Heals < There allways room for more heals in my spell book*

12 25.53%
  • sight based buffs * see invis ect* For those D@D buffs true sight ect

0 0%
  • Other < I have posted below somthing not in this poll*

6 12.77%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: POll: What do you think clerics need most in the game ?

Default Re: POll: What do you think clerics need most in the game ?

isn't so much that we can't heal, or keep up. but so far we are limited to just healing. not in all of the new zones, but alot of them. of course as we get better gear...err never mind, our heals will still be the same and we will still have to just heal to keep up.... ;-P

that is most clerics point. we flat out cast as fast as we can to keep tanks up. any other class have to play like that? just mash light over and over? used to be i could toss a hot, and a PR (liked it at first) then wade in with my hammer, toss out a MoR and a MoB , cast pet, and do some dps. now i stand there and heal: light, light, light, light OH CRAP DvA, light "CRIT" whew, light, light, light, OH CRAP!! EPIC, whew, light, light, light............. and better gear wil just mean the tanks have more hp, i have more hp, but my heals will still not do much unless i crit.

;-)

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

I feel that clerics need a better way to get tanks out of the
    low hp range as well. I just dont want to go back to just cheal. Iam sure every cleric has seen there tanks hp go below a safe lv and inc dps is to great for the inc heals to make it. I think clerics shold have a spell that can help for times like that .I know we have aa and our epic but i dony count that as not evey cleric has those. I also want to add i love the list that was sent out and iam hopeful it wil be recived well. PS please over look the many typos in this post my phone and i do not get along well when i post
    Last edited by caminrya; 02-26-2008 at 12:24 AM.

caminrya said in post #47 :
    I feel that clerics need a better way to get tanks out of the
    low hp range as well. I just dont want to go back to just cheal. Iam sure every cleric has seen there tanks hp go below a safe lv and inc dps is to great for the inc heals to make it. I think clerics shold have a spell that can help for times like that .I know we have aa and our epic but i dony count that as not evey cleric has those. I also want to add i love the list that was sent out and iam hopeful it wil be recived well. PS please over look the many typos in this post my phone and i do not get along well when i post
    If they removed the 35% cap on Eleventh hour, that would solve a lot of problems really. I crit on this spell almost everytime time I have to cast it, so it becomes an effective heal, especially with the high level of DPS coming in on the tank. Even if the cap was just moved up to 50% that would be a huge help imo

Or remove the restirction from 11th hour that if at anytime the recipient of an 11th hour heal goes over 35% the spell stops casting. It would be good enough, IMO, if that restriction went away. Can't cast until 35% or lower, we start it, for whatever reason target goes over 35% in that .5 seconds and the heal fails to cast due to that.

If I start it in time, it should finish casting IMO.
    Ariowen Dor'Drondel - Ranger
    Nicoletta Dor'Drondel - Cleric
    Avenora Dor'Drondel - Bard
    Sabanil Winddancer - Shaman

Alarius
    Cazic Thule
    Ari's Stuff
    Nic's stuff
    Ave's stuff

FD Weapton

I dont think they will ever give a fd iteam to clerics =P

Shaman get one..

Cunyar said in post #48 :

If they removed the 35% cap on Eleventh hour, that would solve a lot of problems really. I crit on this spell almost everytime time I have to cast it, so it becomes an effective heal, especially with the high level of DPS coming in on the tank. Even if the cap was just moved up to 50% that would be a huge help imo
    Neither are going to happen. It took a convincing argument just to raise it from its original <20% HP restriction to 5%, more was preferred but he was not comfortable with more.

Ariowen brings up the one awkward facet. Instead of flat out not working when cast before 35% then moving to =>35%, it should at least do something (or at the very least, should not grey out for 6s - but that's part of a far bigger set of coding problems. Just like DI greying out regardless if a tank moves OoR when you start casting). Personally I'd rather it function akin to AI/SotF as a compromise to that situation, where above 35% it will heal for x% less of the base, above 45% 2x% less, above 55% 3x% less, where I guess 65% or more it just would not heal for anything.

Caminrya - what you're asking for to get tanks out of low HP fast with a bigger heal, is exactly what the Desperate/Frantic Renewal line were designed for. Neither are linked in timer, although using both in a high dps mob situation will drain mana pretty quick. Both combined with regular forms of healing will be "sufficient" for at least 2k adps worth. I'd rather lose mana faster than have a tank corpse fast, at least.
    Last edited by Lluianae; 03-02-2008 at 08:06 AM.

I guess something like our epic cick in a spell something group. I do know what you are saying those spells help I just dont use them much. Il play with them tonight and give them another shot..

With all of the problems with low healing power, it would be nice to see something that would help to bring in something to renew interest in playing our class. I've talked to a lot of people that simply don't want to be healing over and over in a raid, they'd rather contribute in some other way. Honestly, I don't know what that might be... I'd just like to see some ideas posted about what would make the class more FUN!
    Keeping Traxl on the torture rack for 6 years and counting...

Lluianae said in post #53 :

Ariowen brings up the one awkward facet. Instead of flat out not working when cast before 35% then moving to =&gt;35%, it should at least do something (or at the very least, should not grey out for 6s - but that's part of a far bigger set of coding problems. Just like DI greying out regardless if a tank moves OoR when you start casting). Personally I'd rather it function akin to AI/SotF as a compromise to that situation, where above 35% it will heal for x% less of the base, above 45% 2x% less, above 55% 3x% less, where I guess 65% or more it just would not heal for anything.

Much for this idea, Llu.

Tam's Stuff
    Lv 79 Cleric - Veeshan's Fury

Calissa said in post #55 :
    With all of the problems with low healing power, it would be nice to see something that would help to bring in something to renew interest in playing our class. I've talked to a lot of people that simply don't want to be healing over and over in a raid, they'd rather contribute in some other way. Honestly, I don't know what that might be... I'd just like to see some ideas posted about what would make the class more FUN!
    Well in a raid, there's only a limited amount of roles:

Tanking - a given, MTs tanking whichever big nasty (discs, mitigation buffs like runes/vies, Circle of Divinity)
    CCing - Mez, Root, Snare, Kiting and Offtanking
    DPS - direct (melee, procs, nukes, pets etc) and indirect (buffs like Recursion, bard songs, MGB goodies)
    Healing - a given what this is! Direct/indirect, emergency measures.

New ideas will more than likely encroach on other classes, unless we had something like a more undead biased as a new idea (like heals damageing undeads for a set duration, or summoned throwing holy water)

In TSS we were given the valor line, with SoF our pet's cast time was reduced to 0.5s so it can be set out there pretty quick. If someone's bored of healing I guess they can add some direct DPS to the raid without casting (m)any heals. Personally on older content I'm heal meleeing with it up anyway

Keyera said in post #46 :
    any other class have to play like that? just mash light over and over? used to be i could toss a hot, and a PR (liked it at first) then wade in with my hammer, toss out a MoR and a MoB , cast pet, and do some dps. now i stand there and heal: light, light, light, light OH CRAP DvA, light &quot;CRIT&quot; whew, light, light, light, OH CRAP!! EPIC, whew, light, light, light............. and better gear wil just mean the tanks have more hp, i have more hp, but my heals will still not do much unless i crit.
    ;-)
    Keyera,

I LOVE your post! In my case, every night since my guildie friends and I have been exp'ing in SoF zones, working on different faction quests and stuff---I feel and hear me saying the exact same things over and over to myself, esp. when our Bard pulls like 5+ wereorcs, just to get the kill 20 tasks to update "faster". LOL - and I was wondering how come I was lucky enough to be critting soo much, while she (our bard) was pulling. It turns out (sorry if you all already knew this, but I sure did not!) that there's a bard song that makes all spells crit more, incl. direct heal spells. When this spell is twisting - it makes life SOO much easier for me to heal! But yeah, it's still a mass of light, light, light, oh crap! Epic click....light light, etc. It is so the truth...

Keyera said in post #2 :undead stuff? not done undead soloing since i was very low lvl. stacking 3 dots on a mob in....damn what was that zone....the one off dreadlands if i remember....
    Kaesora???

Karnor's Castle is off of dreadlands, there were quite a few undead skeletons/ghosts inside.