Thread: Move Complete

hand Move Complete

As Auroralee pointed out a couple of days ago we were moving the site to a new home to try and solve the long load times and stability issues. It worked!!

Got a little hairy at first with avatars, signature images and attachments being scrambled but thanks to Bullard's hard work and tenacity we now have all images back in original state.

Hopefully nothing else was lost and we didn't inconvenience you too much! This move solves a lot of long term problems for us and we thank Auroralee and Bullard for providing us with a nice home and excellent support!

Feel free to post a reply with any issues or abnormalities you might find. Sadly this doesn't solve the spammer registration moderations we've had to enforce, and not very well I might add, but I'm hopeful we can have that solved in the near future as well.

Default Re: Move Complete

Hopefully nothing else was lost and we didn't inconvenience you too much! This move solves a lot of long term problems for us and we thank Auroralee and Bullard for providing us with a nice home and excellent support!
    It is great helping with this board that so many of us have loved over the years. You are most welcome Jarvis. As always servers don't move as nicely as we want them to, but like you said the long term looks bright.

Feel free to post a reply with any issues or abnormalities you might find. Sadly this doesn't solve the spammer registration moderations we've had to enforce, and not very well I might add, but I'm hopeful we can have that solved in the near future as well.
    The issue of the spammers is a problem we all face. I think on my guild forum I accidentally deleted a legitamate account. I wish there was a way to say hey I am so-n-so. Instead each individual requires a search in google and other sources to see if this one is not going to put nasty ads up.

/hugs

ty both

i was getting worried as i am "forbidden" from so many places already

hoping this wasn't another one~

kC

maybe you could make a separate forum for people to request the forum access and make other forums unavailable for those without it? or something like this? http://zencabal.org/profile.php?mode...er&agreed=true

btw since the move of the site everything works fine for me and fast : ) Thanks : )

Glad to see that the move went well, now that I know we are still here. The "forbidden" thing got me abit worried there last week, but I know that Jarvis would work things out.

A big THANK YOU to Auroralee and Jarvis...We are home again!!

That's a good idea Evellin, thanks for the tip!

We currently have the solution for how to solve this, but it's not as straight forward. Basically we have some upgrading to do on a very modified message board system both frontend and backend. With the new, upgraded version we could more easily handle the spammers without having to set up a secondary forum and manually audit registrations.

site is very fast!

great job

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

Great job on the move, for awhile I thought I did something wrong to be "forbidden" from the site, Jarvis belay my email to you about acces lol

Great work with the move, guys! The site is so much faster than it was before.

Took a little break from EQ around the time SoF was released, so been a little bit since I've browsed the forum. Was getting all worried when I got the forbidden message the other day lol.

Thanks!

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

Thanks to all the hard work I was one of the Clerics that was thankful that there was a board that didn't take your head off or criticized you for saying something they thought was dumb I'm sooo glad that there is another board to post questions and get nice answers

Dominiculus De Marr
    80th Level
    Mystical Lightfighters Guild
    Emarr Server

Excellent job folks..... Thank you =)

Seems to be working well, good job with the move.

My View <<<|>>> EQ Players <<<|>>> My Crew