Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where To Fight (lvl 80 - 85)

Default Where To Fight (lvl 80-85)

Just wondering if anyone had any advice where clerics can Solo at with the new lvl cap raised?
    Last edited by Auroralee; 04-06-2009 at 05:31 PM.

Default Re: Where To Fight For LvL 80?

I had been doing some pre-80 killing of light-blue and blues in Direwind. Although I haven't tried that many locations.

My View <<<|>>> EQ Players <<<|>>> My Crew

best spot is in ag with great group is at sanctum of scale. quick respawn. also katta missions not that bad. also the mech guardian is awesome xp,

Said Solo.

I like soloing the undead in Loping plains at the Graveyard near Hills of Shade zone, for me it is pretty easy and decent xp.

Thank you very much for the info.. /hugs

Kord said in post #5 :
    I like soloing the undead in Loping plains at the Graveyard near Hills of Shade zone, for me it is pretty easy and decent xp.
    These are pretty tough, not sure they are soloable by many, clicked your gear and wow... I know it takes me a while to kill em with my SK/SHM/ baby CLR :P lol

Gruugg said in post #7 :

These are pretty tough, not sure they are soloable by many, clicked your gear and wow... I know it takes me a while to kill em with my SK/SHM/ baby CLR :P lol
    I tried that spot and got pwned even with maxed Turn Undead and Divine Avatar running, and I didn't think my gear was that bad. Duoing with a pally produced MUCH better results!
    Celedine Crashcart
    80 Exemplar of Tunare
    Retired Hussy

Killing snakes in Katta is good exp plus with the 2 tasks from the captain in the tents (say "serpent"=The Serpent slayer and say "prepared" = Battling the Shisarra) you get faction and some pp. snakes can be molified for splits

Domi

I have been spending alot of time looking for spots to solo (it has to do with the fact a necro is my main) and with 16k hp 2.8ac buffed I usually go to 2 spots.The first is a little known instanced version of unrest. The curse begins The mobs are all light blue and I can usually kill 8+ at once and they give some great exp.99% of the zone is undead and the mobs don't hit hard.Just make sure you have 2 friends to help you get the instance.The 2nd spot in DSH,I usually hate it because it's so crowded but good if you dont have SF5 faction at ally and you want a few spell drops.

Fcseven XIII the Dark Kiter Necromancer
    Fcten XoII the Trickster Cleric

a good spot which yields about 7% aa per kill is the snakes in katta..Some are undead and others are not. With VoV and Ward etc mobs don't take long to kill except the cleric mobs. Can pull solos with paci pulling. The named hits hard flurries and also a good spot for trade skill drops which can yield some good pp (or useful if you do tradeskills). There is plenty of snake camps in Katta. Also good thing is they don't run so no need of a snare. I usually average about 7aa's in few hours and some pp from the tradeskill items as well.

kelladorn said in post #11 :
    a good spot which yields about 7% aa per kill is the snakes in katta..Some are undead and others are not. With VoV and Ward etc mobs don't take long to kill except the cleric mobs. Can pull solos with paci pulling. The named hits hard flurries and also a good spot for trade skill drops which can yield some good pp (or useful if you do tradeskills). There is plenty of snake camps in Katta. Also good thing is they don't run so no need of a snare. I usually average about 7aa's in few hours and some pp from the tradeskill items as well.
    i was thinking of trying that yesterday for the combo of faction/xp, when tbs first came out i spent about a week there with a shaman and mage

but...

1) i cant remember the camp spots location
    2) 13k buffed and 2300ac wont cut it will it? seems they hit for 2k and such if i remember correctly

that might be rough, i havent tried it on my cleric and im at 26khp and 4.1k ac fully raid buffed.

valandil said in post #12 :

i was thinking of trying that yesterday for the combo of faction/xp, when tbs first came out i spent about a week there with a shaman and mage

but...

1) i cant remember the camp spots location
    2) 13k buffed and 2300ac wont cut it will it? seems they hit for 2k and such if i remember correctly
    Depending on aa's too. With those stats would be kinda rough. i would assume you have about 300-500 aa's which is just scratching the surface. Except for tradeskill aa's and 2 non essential aa's like hastened orgin/silent casting, i am maxed aa's. So if vov don't proc a HoT that crits helps since casting direct heals won't cut it since they get interupted. The spot i usually go is south past the second double doors, then directly east to the other door..the head a little northeast and the camp is right there. Good thing is if you have the portal quests done can hop on them to lose aggro if you get in trouble. You can easily out run mobs in katta. I don't have specific locations but that is good directions how to get there.

Breakdown of camp..you have 2 wanders which are on a 20min (+or - 2min) that you need to kill first or they aggro you. The first is always a dust devil (eddy or drowned) and the next can be air/fire elemental or a mud dude. I usually pull the camp from left to right when facing north. The first mobs comes solo (with mark spell) don't cross pull have him come straight down or u will get 3 mobs (hehe i found out the hard way). same for the next snake to it. Then you would need to paci the snake next to the tent and then one of the 2 next to fire and can pull 1 of them. I usually tag both these mobs but with 13k buffed i don't think you handle 2. The named Messenger X(something) he hits like a truck and flurries and can't paci. Also the Wraith and Shadow (snakes) both have nasty dot/mana drain. I usually resist it but can be cured with rc, epic, or purify aa.

Doesn't hurt to try though, because i remember doing stuff back in the day with bad gear and doing good. All it will cost you is a few pp to summon really. I hope this helped.

Here's a link to a post I made when TBS first came out. http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21295

It shows some information on 3 mobs I solo'd (I was lvl 75). Back then, I was demi/cultural geared (we hadn't broken into TSS yet) for a frame of reference and I would have had around 1200-1500 AA's I think.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server