Thread: hand of temerity

Default hand of temerity

ok inc rant

Whats the( heal ) up with hand of temetity everyother buff class gets to buy there be we have to hunt ours?

how is that even fair. they gave us group ac buff that was nice but now if we want to MGB our core hp buff we have to hunt them down when all other class just has to buy.

I mean i could be wrong it could besomething else to it but reallty why are they picking on clerics

Default Re: hand of temerity

Every class has had 1 spell or disc that is not vendor bought (rk1). They need to be quested. I heard something today in game that makes sense. There is 3 types of factions that are related with quest. ladies of the night (no i am not making this up), Camp Valor and finally Bertox Favor (not 100% sure), i have come heard that getting ally on this unlocks 2 spells and or discs. Hence my conclusion will be HoT and VoV because neither is buyable. So work all the quests because mobs inside also give faction hits. Basically think of it like Katta Missions (with each faction hit u got a new spell). I think first one is at warmly and second is at ally. Hope this helps people. This is just what i heard and believe it to be the truth. Soe wanting us to do the missions/task or painfully mass killing (like Coa faction). Btw if you con the Npc we all are dubious. lots of work to be done. I think the missions are greater faction hits then mass slaughtering.

even if thats the case why put one of our core spells like that

Reason being to make the casual player "non raider" feel like they have something to do in this expansion. Makes sense to me. Make them work for stuff instead of handed out on a silver platter and say here u go. For that matter go play WoW if you want things just simple and easy. I thank soe for making challenges just so i don't have to just go and walk to a vendor and say here is my pp give me something. i have to earn it and will appreciate it more. Just my opinion and the way i see things.

According to Allah's, that 1st faction is "Ladies of the Light", not Night

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

I can see from a group perspective, making Hand of Timmahh quested or mob dropped could be frustrating. We already have clerics with single target Timtimmahh rk.2, which is nice, so it must be far easier than obtaining the grp rk.1 version.

From a raid perspective, I'd be more upset if we had to quest or hunt grp symbol, I consider that our "core" group hp buff. I can live with single target Temerity, it's not a huge thing to single cast it in grp scenarios, and if you already have single target rk.2, then that's a no brainer.

I'd be pretty annoyed if we had to go out searching high and low for grp symbol.
    Later,
    Selinya

well it dose seem some faction will give you spells and if thats the case for hand of tem its not so bad.

i just know from the past how much spells will be that is core of any class ( bazaar) if you have to buy

and its not the point of handing me the spells. its the point that the one buff that ifeel definds our class is left out

In dragon scale hills, just west of the steamfort zone in, there is a camp of gnomes. There is a gnome named Sigglik there hail him and get his 3 quests. The quests involve killing the mobs in the farm area just south of the quest giver. You will need to repeat the quests about 15 time each to get ally faction with Ak'anon strike force 5.

Once you are ally head to the cannon which is east of the steamfort zone in. There is a vendor there name Automated vending unit II. He sells spells to those with ally faction.

He carries:
    Tome of Opportunistic strike rk2 (warrior)
    Tome of delay death rk2 (monk)
    Tome of decimators volley rk2 (berserker)
    Tome of aimshot disipline rk2 (ranger)
    Wake of atrophy aura rk2 (enchanter)
    Vov of Victory rk2 (cleric)
    Sustance of tunare rk2 (paladin)
    Pyre of the Lifeless rk2 (necr
    Mystifiers aura rk2 (enchanter)
    Fickle Pyroclasm rk2 (mage)
    Blood of the devoted rk2 (cleric)
    Assiduous Impurity rk2 (shadow knight)
    Erradiens psalm of potency rk2 (bard)
    Proud to be an EQCleric Admin!

It looks like Fang Breakers and Ladies of the Light are the other two factions to unlock spells but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Here is some confirmation on Fang.

[Wed Nov 21 23:16:22 2007] Kilean tells the guild, 'ok kindly with fangbreakers:
    • Spell: Arc of Arrows Rk. II,
      Spell: Aurora of Morrow Rk. II,
      Spell: Bite of the Borrower Rk. II,
      Spell: Bonestitch Charm Rk. II,
      Spell: Eleventh-Hour Rk. II, '

[Wed Nov 21 23:16:40 2007] Kilean tells the guild, '
    • Spell: Survival of the Fittest Rk. II,
      Tome of Battle Frenzy Rk. II,
      Tome of Knuckle Smash Rk. II'

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member

Awesome, thanks!

Here is confirmation on Ladies. Our wizzy has 2 of the 3 being worked on (the one he hasn't you already posted so we're covered).

Seridyn(Supplier) - Ladies of Light faction. Located in tower where guild portal takes you in Dragonscale Hills

Kindly faction:

Spell: Chromassault Rk. II----------->Cleric
    Spell: Funnel of Frost Rk. II----------> Wizard
    Spell: Monster Summoning VI--------> Mage(Currently droppable week 1 of the expansion)
    Spell: Phantasmal Orb Rk. II --------> Necromance
    Spell: Preincarnation Rk. II ---------->Druid/Shaman
    Spell: Tangleweave Energy Rk. II --->Wizard

The costs were different from log and when I checked back, but around 1400pp.
    No additional spells available at warmly.

At Ally faction:

Tome of Wheel of Fists Rk. II---------->Monk (around 6300pp)
    Spell: Trial for Honor Rk. II------------>Pally
    Song: Arcane Anthem Rk. II----------->Bard
    Spell: Summer's Viridity Rk. II--------->Rager
    Spell: Ward of Resurgence Rk. II------>Shaman
    Spell: Mana Resurgence Aura Rk. II--->Enchanter
    Emblem of Tri`Qaras -------------------->Slot 15 Aug.

Currently Mage spell is no longer on supplier as of week 2.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member

Awesome. I have a zerker who is saying there are some on Bertox faction too, waiting for him to give me more details.

i agree that the core spell is symbol.

/wave all, good info here!

btw, i have been playing again for a month or so.... lotro doesn't have the raiding yet. will go back someday i am sure.

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

As to the Mage spells I found out why they were pulled. Seems the 2 mage spells on Ladies of the Light faction were removed from the vendor because people were buying them and then charging astronomical prices in the bazaar. Since changing the tag to no drop requires a full patch the devs pulled them off the merchant until they can do a full patch.