Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redfang

Default Redfang

We're stuck on Redfang in Demi, we've got the rest of tier 1 on farm status but we can't get past the first round on Redfang.

We've got Druids using the AE damaging root, Chanters using AE mez, and kiters trying to kite the Bloodrinkers. Kiters have a hard time keeping aggro because they get silenced, but usually what happens is Redfang pop back up top and we wipe to the add bats.

Any tips or tricks?
    Proud to be an EQCleric Admin!

Default Re: Redfang

For kiters, there's a few tricks. Your kiters may want to talk together and take 15-30 min on a non raid time and test some stuff out in dreadspire ramp. If you get the kite path down right, you keep yourself out of range mostly for anything else that's going on with the rest of the raid.

Where exactly are you fighting redfang? Is it at the bottom of the ramp, is it under the ramp, is it on the wall opposite the ramp? And are you wall pining him?

If silence is causing issues, make sure your rampage tank knows where to stand (not in back) as Redfang will often turn to the Rampage tank to do his silence cast for whatever unknown reason .. we've experienced that numerous times.

With the voracious bat spawns, how tight is everyone together? The entire raid (healers, tanks, dps, etc.) should be huddled up very very tight. This is important as there are other events down the line where both in Demi and in other future fights having the raid move tight together will be important so it's good thing to learn to do now.
    - Elixer groups, even toss a group elixer on a druid group before bat spawns and make sure you have a timer timing and calling out when they're due.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

We're fighting him pretty much opposite the ramp, we have the MA, SA and ramp tank all with their backs to the wall keeping him facing the wall to keep the silence from hitting, occasionally he will still turn and we've just had bad luck with that happening at the wrong times. Is there a better place to pin him?

When the voracious spawn we do huddle up, we actually plant the banner where the garg spawn is in the room there and call in raid for everyone to huddle around the banner. Is there a better spot for everyone to huddle up?

Have you had clerics use AE stun? I'm wondering if it will help at all to have a couple of us drop out and AE stun the voracious?

Redfang himself doesn't do enough dmg to cream the tank as long as we have at least 3 clerics doing a CH with like a 6 second pause, but those damn bats tear everyone up.
    Last edited by Inoke; 10-12-2007 at 03:45 PM.

If directly below at the bottom of the ramp isn't working for you, you might want to try the far wall. Unless I'm misunderstanding you and that is what you're already doing.

----------------------------------------------------------- wall --------------------------------------
    [ramp ramp ramp ]
    [ramp ]
    [ ramp ]
    [ ramp ] .................................................. ............... wall pin facing ^ (nook here) - - >
    [ ramp ]
    [ ramp ]
    [ ramp ] .................................................. ........................................healers/DPS - - >

.................................................. ...................................... garg

------------------------------ ------------------------
    wall (entrance into RF area) wall

~~~
    Actually planting the banner is a GREAT idea; one we never thought of using to tell folks to huddle.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member

Ok totally crappy drawing on a screenshot LOL but the green line is basically the ramp going up to the left from the doorway. The blue is about where we put the banner, where the garg is when you initially go in, right next to the structure there in the room (with the little pasageway behind it). The red is about where we walled him last night, we used to wall him a little further north but people weren't making it back to the banner to huddle up and we were losing to many that way.

LOL I think I win on the crappy drawing

See the bump in the wall under Arturous's name? That's a very good place to wall pin Redfang with his nose pointing away from the gargoyle

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member

Ok so a little further south.

Are the bloodrinkers tied to Redfang at all? 'cause judging by the posts on our guild board I think maybe the kiters were trying to run to far up the ramp. Most research shows they should just kite the drinkers on the ramp side of the room, going up the ramp a little ways but then jumping off and continuing the circle.

I can't speak if they're tied in, though I can say our kiters did what you just said, only go partially up the ramp, jump off, wait for them to catch up a smidge and then run back up the ramp. If you find the right/best path (and can do this a bit by playing with the non aggro bats in Dreadspire and test where to jump).

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member

Thanks Crystilla we'll be taking another run or two (or three or four LOL) at him this week. Hopefully we can get him down soon.

We do Redfang a bit diff than what Im seeing here. Im going to assume that the top of your map is north in my directions. We have redfang pinned on the wall so that with him facing north, i would think having the tanks back t the wall would make it too easy for RF to turn. our rally point is just on the north side of the pillar in the room. And for the blooddrinkers we dont kite. Have a bat group of 4 tanks and 2 celrics. Each holds agro on 1 bat and the 2 clerics do a lil rot with group CH. Easy peasy.
    Farkaa Youkaa
    75 cleric on the stromm server

So you just have the bloodrinkers off tanked to lock them down, do you ever have issues with them getting away?

Our guild does it the same way as Farkaa described. We set up right at the window and the RF tank and ramp tank keep him faced away so we don't have to worry about silence (most of the time that is). We use a CH chain of 4 or 5 with no pause to keep MT/Ramp up. We do have difficulty some times with the adds, but that happens rarely, especially if you've got enough healers to keep the add tanks up (usually 2 or 3 are enough for the 4 add tanks).

Tam's Stuff
    Lv 79 Cleric - Veeshan's Fury

Thanks guys. We haven't run at him again yet, we've had very low cleric and druid turnout the last couple of weeks :-/

I believe the voracious are immune to stun. I am pretty sure I checked that.

When you are low on healers, consider having an enc MGB Rune of Rikkukin before the trigger bat is pulled. An extra 1500 HP per person can make a difference in a close fight. That is the enc's tier 3 DoN spell.

For the aggro issues, some classes have buffs that are aggro multipliers. SKs do, encs do too, but enc's only last 18 seconds. Look into having shaman's cast lassitude on the kiters. That has a chance to proc a slow on the mob which will help with aggro, even if the kiter is stunned. It also has a chance to proc a HoT.

Taeanu
    ~ Sunaeri
    ~ Kenusten
    ~ EQ Interface Author

Tamoro and I are in the same guild, we have refined our Redfang strat to a tea.

We use the offtank method with knights on the adds, 2 clerics can keep them up easily. Tank Redfang by the first open window, rest of raid below near bottom of ramp.

Key part we learned is to have all dps go full discs and burn him on the first pop. We actually almost can take him down before he despawns (I assume with the level increase we will achieve that next run). Was really frustrating trying to kite the adds, once we went with off tanking, it didn't take much to polish it.
    Later,
    Selinya