Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redfang

Default Re: Redfang

The "key" to dealing with the Blood-drinker's is by having clerics (not in chain) and pallys using their Blind spells, cleric blind is 20x better and is hardly ever resisted. Once the bat is blind and chasing a knight it will loose track of his target and run away. OT's need to make sure they do not put their back to a blooddrinker either, because they Backstab hard. repeat when Redfang depops and is brought back in, if your quick blooddrinkers will do minimum damage spending the whole fight blind and lost..
    Last edited by Deathpac; 11-21-2007 at 11:40 PM.

Selinya said in post #15 :
    Tamoro and I are in the same guild, we have refined our Redfang strat to a tea.

We use the offtank method with knights on the adds, 2 clerics can keep them up easily. Tank Redfang by the first open window, rest of raid below near bottom of ramp.

Key part we learned is to have all dps go full discs and burn him on the first pop. We actually almost can take him down before he despawns (I assume with the level increase we will achieve that next run). Was really frustrating trying to kite the adds, once we went with off tanking, it didn't take much to polish it.
    We ran at him Sunday, for the first time in a month. I only had 4 clerics and 3 druids on. We tanked him by the first window, had the tank point him up the ramp - was perfect, no silence at all. We had Pallys off tanking the Blooddrinkers, that went fine too - had lots of pallys on so we had 6 in a group with 2 healing and 4 tanking. The problem we had was when he despawned and we got all the trash healers got eaten. {rolleyes} Our dps was suuuuuuucky, we had amazing DPS on Zi but for some reason it was really poor on Redfang. I don't know if the tank waited to long to call assist or what. {rolleyes}
    Proud to be an EQCleric Admin!

Sounds like you're close at least. Trying with 4 clerics would be rough, we generally run 3 to 4 on the chain, 2 in the offtank group. Not sure bout the trash, we generally don't have that problem.

If you fight him strictly on the ramp at the first window, when he is about to respawn, everyone in raid should huddle up and see which direction (up or down) he repops at. Once you see where, you rinse/repeat your process. Key is pure DPS, if you don't have that and it goes to a 3rd despawn, it can get really ugly.
    Later,
    Selinya

/agree with Selinya. Sounds like you're really close to taking him out.

Tam's Stuff
    Lv 79 Cleric - Veeshan's Fury

We are getting ready to try this mob and I was wondering if there was a specific cleric strat that I could post in my cleric forum on our guild site. That way my clerics are better prepared for what is going to be happening.
    CLICK HERE TO GET A SURPRISE

Become a Knight

The KISSing Cleric of Mystical Lightfighters
    Loraly's Toys

We haven't taken an honest run at him since the last time I posted. What definitely works for our clerics is a strong rot with 5 to 6 in it. We put the tank at the first window as you go up the ramp and have Red facing up the ramp, clerics only go up the ramp just far enough to be at max range for CH.

We put kite pallys each in a group with 2 clerics so they can alternate epic and DVA clicks while the pally kites.
    Proud to be an EQCleric Admin!

surely a renewal would work rather then devoting a few clerics to balance the hps. i remember our knights walking like 5 feet up the ramp then hoping off . bats dont hop off but run down ramp( more then enough time for a self healing pally) with the new subtley casting healer agro one small heals shouldnt be more then what a knight can cast on a ramp hop.

Last time we did Red was about a week ago, was a win. DPS is the key, we off tank the bats and keep spaming in RS to watch agro so you don't flip him. We have taken him down since we hit 80 with the first spawn once, but that was when we had a nearly full raid, 50+, most nights it is 40+ and takes 2 pops.

We have one cleric CH chain on MT, with the non-off tank clerics spam healing. Gather for the little bats while rangers and druids AE root and then wizzies, druids, mages, rangers and whomever else has an AE loaded do the AE damage so they go bye bye very quickly. Watch for where he repops, pull back to the window and wash rinse and repeat.

Since I usually box a cleric on raids, I get the off tank healing duty most of the time. Rather easy to keep my off tanks healed, yaulp 9, and keep the ranger on Red with melee. But then we have some damn fine off tanks. Usually a HoT and PR is enough to keep one up on the blooddrinkers.
    Ariowen Dor'Drondel - Ranger
    Nicoletta Dor'Drondel - Cleric
    Avenora Dor'Drondel - Bard
    Sabanil Winddancer - Shaman

Alarius
    Cazic Thule
    Ari's Stuff
    Nic's stuff
    Ave's stuff

Ariowen is right but a lot of folks don't have that kind of dps. Honestly from where I stand, a warriors point of view, is you need two pretty decent geared (3300ac, 14k unbuffed low end) tanks for RF. Knights that can kite and keep the bats at bay. If you have those, the event will be rather easy for you. We are fortunate to have a hellofa cleric crew (bots and mains) with some really good dps. I know the spawned bats can be a pain but you can huddle around banner and ae mez/root.

RF will turn on you no matter what your MT does or how good his agro is. He periodically will turn left and cast one of his spells and ocassionally silence you. Having a solid tank will certainly help. I would tell your tank that you need to hold off using Fortitude or Furious so he/she can save it for a potential silence. That 12 secs might save the raid.
    Mendler
    Cleric Bot
    Nickinator
    War main

We defeated him on our second attemp. This was an interesting fight but took longer than we planned. We were hoping to have him killed in 2 spawns but it took twice as long.
    CLICK HERE TO GET A SURPRISE

Become a Knight

The KISSing Cleric of Mystical Lightfighters
    Loraly's Toys