Thread: Need Help on OMM

Default Need Help on OMM

ok guys.. we just started going after OMM we've got him down to 55% but thats as far as we got him..
    now for healing.. ive tried doing 5 man ch rot.. and a 3 man ch rot.. with 3 patch healing rezing buffing..
    I have all the clerics and druids next to the plateform try to block the ae stuff kinda helped..

is there another way or a trick on healing for this mob? or any helpful hints to heal..

Default Re: Need Help on OMM

/hugs hun

What part are you having trouble with?

1a) Is OMM getting powered up after a missed mask click?
    1b) How many are you having wear the masks?
    1c) Are folks clicking the mask and getting resisted? This occurs when the person is too far away from OMM (happened to me on numerous occasions)
    1d) There is a spell one class has to remove the debuff OMM adds to himself if a mask click is missed. If you're not sure what that is, may want to find out as it will help with this part immensely.

2) Is it adds taking out healers?
    3) Is it dealing with the two "pets"?
    4) Do you have the DPS back up and reset after each "casts gaze" message, so tanks and rampage order can be reset?

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

To answer the question on class with a spell that will take the power up on a missed mask click, rangers.

We have a debuff line called Nature's XXXXX. Starting at level 69 we get Nature's Balance (OOW era), strips one buff from the target, leaving debuffs alone. At level 71 (TBS Era) we get Nature's Entropy RK 1, 2 and 3, strips 2 buffs from the target leaving debuffs alone. This can be cast on OMM after a power up to ensure that a missed mask click is covered. The times we have attempted OMM, haven't gotten him dead yet, we have had the rangers spam which ever buff stripping spell they happen to have Balance or Entropy. That way we are ensured of covering a missed click.
    Ariowen Dor'Drondel - Ranger
    Nicoletta Dor'Drondel - Cleric
    Avenora Dor'Drondel - Bard
    Sabanil Winddancer - Shaman

Alarius
    Cazic Thule
    Ari's Stuff
    Nic's stuff
    Ave's stuff

hugs crys

we've been having miss mask for sure.. and rangers are trying to make up for that..
    the add part i have all the casters and clerics in one spot with a sk and the ae'ers.. they did good the last attempted.. it seems to be working out just great.. the raid leader has at least 10 non clerics /tanks with mask

but im just wondering how you other cleric have your teams set up to heal.. I now a few guilds dont do ch rot at all.. and some do.. just trying to find out what works to save mana and rezing the dead ..

before we gave up.. i desided to ask a monk to drag the dead to the area where the clerics are so the rezers dont have to go out looking.. but we camped before we found out if it worked or not..

most nights we have about 5 clerics so trying to fig out the best way to deal with the healing and group healing while in rot..

thanks again for replays

It's been quite some time since we last killed him (last kill was June 13), but we did use a 3 man chain (all in the same group) so they could dva and epic heal each other as needed.

Then 2 healers (1 was druid or both) watching the rampage tank.

Definitely have someone drag corpses. One suggestion is if there is somene who is newer, or always dies or has a bit of trouble following orders (hate to call them one of the weaker dps raiders though in one way that's what that person would be), could have them do the dragging. Chances are that person hates dying a lot and giving them a job makes them feel useful in some way ... one way to look at it perhaps.

If you get the mask clicks right, healing will become 60% easier. So make sure the mask clickers are in range (if you're back where you first click up, you will NOT be in range for your mask click to count ... I learned that the hard way from personal experience).

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member

Thanks crys.. that helps out alot.. ill try it next time we try him to see if that works out

person hates dying a lot and giving them a job makes them feel useful in some way ...
    but, but, but thats meh crys

kC

LOL KC. Head over to the other cleric boards and see my latest post, as it's about another 24 min of rampage I survived

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member

7 cleric CH rot (omg I can't even believe we had 7 on, we're lucky to get 4 a night) we had only 3 druids though, so clerics had to drop to cure DT's when they started going off. It was an amazing win though, at port down we had him at 17% so when we went back in it was cake to finish him off.

We almost had him Monday but someone clicked up early and the event reset

Proud to be an EQCleric Admin!

CONGRATS hun!

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member

I think we finally beat him with 36 in raid.. if i can recall we had 4 clerics maybe 5 that night and 2 druids.. Im suprise that NO one clicked up early.. with the attention spand here lately.. with the holidays around we hardly ever see 4...

Gratz Inoke on your guyses win another zone down more to move on too =)