Thread: SoF BPs

Default SoF BPs

Merloc has requested the Correspondents to gather ideas from classmates for the BP Worn effects and clicks for the SoF expansion.

He didn't specify whether it was just raid, just group, or both but for the time being make your ideas conceptually for both raid and group.

Fire those ideas!

Default Re: SoF BPs

worn effect: bonus healing random 10 to 30 percent (10 groupable, 30 raid)

clicky effect: Divine Aura (Custody) with 30 minute recast (Aura groupable, Custody raid)

So stuff that already exists, so no coding problems making them happen, but would be handy to have, and a substantial upgrade from group gear to raid gear, but keeping the same effects on the same gear slot.
    Itek's Magelo

Itek's Blog (Read it please.)

But check the Vet Rewards, I've been playing a LONG time.

Clicky Effect: Promised Renewal! (remember how much everyone wanted Donal's BP in spite of how long it took to cast? Give it an insane refresh time or something)
    Groupable version could be rank 1, raid version could be rank 3 (or 4 to make raid version truly uber)

Clicky Effect: Exquisite Benediction or Ward of Purity

Worn Effect: +?% chance for Abundant Healing to proc

Worn Effect: +?% chance for Touch of the Divine to proc
    Celedine Crashcart
    80 Exemplar of Tunare
    Retired Hussy

Speaking as someone who is primarily a group cleric, please don't give me a BP with PR on it, unless the refresh time is VERY low. I know that in raids PR tends to be an afterthought, but for grouping it is my primary healing spell, patching the holes with light. Remembering to alternate spell / clickie, or 4 spells then the clickie? No thanks.
    I wouldn't claim to represent the grouping side of things, but stuff like agro reduction, extra healing oomph etc. aren't that useful to me on the daily grind.
    PR + Light (+ Elixir) is enough to heal almost all situations. If I get agro, I want to survive long enough for the tank to get it back, not pass it on to the people even more squishy than me. It'll be a LONG time before groupers get a shield upgrade to their 1.5s.
    Stuff I'd like to see on a BP:
    Clickie mana regen - beast line for preference (so it stacks with pots) - much harder to get decent buffs in a group than in a raid.
    Clickie mod rod effect - it can have a long retimer and it can hit hard if it wants to, but I'd love that BP to pieces.
    Clickie vie - single target is fine, but make it a little stronger than normal vie (or stacks with it)
    Clickie fixed invis - wouldn't sniff at that either - don't know how many groupers would need it, but it'd save me thousands. Not really class relevant, but I'd still drool.
    Clickie group regen - always handy when you've DA'd and celestial regen is down.
    Clickie single target insta-heal - yeah, I know, I know

As for focus effects, as long as the bases are covered (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE may I have a range mod that I can actually get to - I'm still using DoN farcaster aug), I'm not too bothered. Maybe a boost to bashing / block / dodge? We don't get many of those, and they are very nice.
    http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1348060

personally, id like bp with clickie proc akin to Ward of Reprisal or >

but thats just me

kC

I'm with Yam. Being that I am only able to group, I would love some thing that we use day in and day out. The group HoT is a great idea and would love that as well as a focus effect of ext range, ext buffs or some thing thats tough for groupers to attain.
    Mendler
    Cleric Bot
    Nickinator
    War main

I agree with Mendler on the group hot and extended range focus. That would be a great bp as long as it has high AC.
    CLICK HERE TO GET A SURPRISE

Become a Knight

The KISSing Cleric of Mystical Lightfighters
    Loraly's Toys

Worn-Extended Range(Beneficial or all) would be nice
    Clicky- Ward Of Reprisal would be sweet,but maybe not fair; because not everyone likes to solo or use it on raid mobs that flurry, so I guess a group HoT would be good.
    Last edited by prosia; 09-12-2007 at 09:20 AM.

Here is the kicker..before you think i am crazy..then you are right.

Why not copy our epic focus and clicky on the bp. You can do this for both tiers group and raid. Some clerics don't have or will never get their epic 1.5/2.0/2.5. This gives them an chance to have that experience. Also would benefit in group and raid content (extra arb) since epic can be clicked from inventory. Plus it will allow us to upgrade our shield with no harm what so ever. All melee epics are now null and void with the weapons that drop from them, but cleric's epics are not. I think this would be a great time to do it and a great way to do it.

i think something like a cleric based spell like faithstone would be good or even faith based illusions something like lets say tunare based illusions would turn you in to some animal or plant illusion amd offer some focus and stat it dont have to be great but can give bored clerics something to do other than pushinh hot keys

I like the idea of Epic focus on BP unless ofc they plan on adding it to another slot. I don't think the epic click would be a good idea though. It would have to be on the same timer as current epic click for sure or it would be overpowering. Though if it is on the same timer that is basically a wasted click since epic is clickable from inventory.

Clicky ideas i think would be cool would be PR, VoV or Ward, I know i am getting tired of the clicky +healing. Clicky Vie aura wouldnt be to bad either.

Is there any news about this happening with the SoF BPs in a future patch? I would love mine to have a focus or clicky even - esp. clicky Vie or clicky Ward of Reprisal, etc. Seriously, any news?
    Last edited by Redfire; 03-25-2008 at 06:31 PM.

-Mana Preservation
    -Plus to healing

Those would be my preference