Thread: Emperor Draygun, the Lich King Advice

Default Emperor Draygun, the Lich King Advice

We have tried this several times now and was wondering if there are any that want to give us any secrets to getting this done? We always seem to not be able to stop dps quick enough and bang he is at full health again.
    CLICK HERE TO GET A SURPRISE

Become a Knight

The KISSing Cleric of Mystical Lightfighters
    Loraly's Toys

Default Re: Emperor Draygun, the Lich King Advice

Lor, send me a game tonight if you're on and I'll chat more. However, I can say we utilized our healers to plan for a full regen so it didn't surprise us.

Would have a couple of questions for you -

1) Where are you putting your healers now?
    2) Are you using a chain or spam (if chain, how many healers)?
    3) How are you dealing with adds (how many healers devoted to them versus Draygun)>

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

1. we put our healers near door and have tank bring lich king into corner near door on lower lvl.
    2. last time we tried this we had 4 cleric chain pause 30 and 1 cleric doing PR/hot/AoV, RL wants to try spaming tonite.
    3. we have a couple of groups dedicated to adds each with one healer in the group.

Become a Knight

Loraly's Toys

Couple of thoughts you can run through (though on healing, maybe some current guilds can give advice; I don't advise spamming - it used to be too much mana wastage).

Pets - are you using them? If so, make sure they are either off very early or only use them the last 30% (after the last flip).

Dots - have dotters stop any dots at a certain percentage above where you are going to call the melee to stop hitting/nukers stop nuking.

Nukers or melee - call one of them off at a certain percentage

There will be other events coming up that require you to only leave a few folks on the mob so getting the raid used to stop/starting will be good.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member

Here is the heal strat we have always used on Dray - works great for us...
    6 clerics doing a CH rotation ~ 2 second pause

1 cleric on rezzing and PR/DI for the MA

Druids, Shaman and remainder of Clerics on the add tanks and patch heal MA when no adds are up

Load RGC - if you get the AE cure yourself first - AE is short range, try to avoid it

If you are grouped with MA/SA/TA have them call NEED CURE in group so you can cure them since you'll have them targeted anyway

Get a mod Wand and a mod Rod before you engage, use them early and often. Send tells for necro twitches before you hit 50% so there is time to get you twitched and get to the next person without someone going OOM.

... We pull Dray into the far corner on the left side of the room (if you're coming through the door), All of the healers who have extended range go off the ledge to the ground and hug the backside of the ramp down. This gives you max range from the AE, allows you to heal the MA, PLUS lets you use group heals when adds are up. A couple of our clerics prefer to be up by the door behind the pillar hugging the wall but their groups die every time.

As far as getting people off him #1 is to call /shout ALL OFF at least 5% (if not 10%) before you actually need them off, then you have a specific group (officers usually) who take him down the rest of the way. This gives time to send tells to the people not paying attention.

We also don't allow pets and only adds should be dotted.
    Proud to be an EQCleric Admin!

Thanks for your help. We tried him agian last night and wiped twice. I am not sure what happened other than ma went down very quickly even with 6 clerics in the chain on a 2 sec pause. I'm not sure if there was anyone patching or doing pr though. I hope we try this again soon, I want redemption.

Become a Knight

Loraly's Toys

Sent you a PM about this Loraly

Did your tank go down in the time it took the rot to get established or was it when the rot was going?

You can put the MA and SA in groups that have 2 clerics with their 1.5/2.0 and have them alternate clicking that to help cover any sudden drops (like when War's discs drop).

It's really trial and error, once you guys find your stride you'll nail it.

How many clerics, druids, shaman do you have on an average night?

Tank went down after the rotation was established and he is a pretty good size tank. Last night we had atleast 7 clerics other than that I'm not sure how many other healers we had. We had 6 clerics in the rotation and one doing pr/hot. One problem we did have was getting the next tank targeted quick enough to start chaining him.

Become a Knight

Loraly's Toys

Loraly said in post #9 :
    One problem we did have was getting the next tank targeted quick enough to start chaining him.
    One thing that helps with that is announcing in heal channel who to assist for the SA. So say I had the MA in my group and you had the SA in your group - when I set up the rotation and give it out I would also say /assist Loraly for SA target. Whoever is grouped with the SA can target them using the group window so you don't have the LoS issues and if everyone assists that person they should be able to get on the target pretty quickly. It's easy enough for everyone to make a quicky /assist Loraly hotkey they can mash if the MA goes down. Get 2 or 3 people to fast heal him while the rotation starts so you can cover the initial damage without losing the tank.

One of the things I always do is target another melee in my group and assist them for Dray then assist again for a heal target. You can easily do that with a plain /assist key. So say the 2nd person in my group window is a rogue and I know he's on Dray - F3 to target the rogue then /ass to get Dray then /ass to get tank.

A tip I use for targetting since sometimes the 'assigned' SA isn't the one on target is the following:

/assist MT

So for us if Panazule was tanking as our main tank and he went down, I hit my /assist pana key (I change the name based on whose called as MT) and get the mob on target, when it's a tank I can hit my /assist key and start healing. That can be done in a second's time.

Or we also often had folks who would assist another healer like Inoke mentions.

~~ With that many clerics in the chain, it sounds more like someone might be lagging more than lack of healing. You almost might want to consider dropping that to 5 in chain and adding that 6th cleric as a spammer. Make it someone who is good at watching your heal channel (reading it and seeing gaps) so she/he can cover where necessary.
    - Also, double check with the healers that their keys are set up the same. Before this mob, rarely was there a time when it mattered to be on target and steady with those heals. (I can think of Zegony, one of the Zek brothers in Plane of Time, Avatar of War hehe - that's about it.)

Plus make sure debuffs and slows are working as that could cause some issues with spikes. Make sure you have a beefy tank on this guy since he's causing some issues (and by beefy I mean someone with good AC; not just a HP lover) as that can help.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member

Are you guys getting the adds down before he absorbs them? Once he powers up from absorbing a set of adds it's really hard to keep going, and if he absorbs a second set you're better off having clerics hit DA and run to the zone out and have rogues go in and drag bodies to the ZI to rez then getting a new instance once everyone is rezzed.

I believe that the adds were handled properly, but once Dray got loose he went after the oftanks and dps.

Become a Knight

Loraly's Toys