Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level 75 Solo spots - Detailed info!

Default Level 75 Solo spots - Detailed info!

I wanted to compile a detailed list with information on solo spots for us clerics. The good ones are not easy to find, so I will post my own information here, and keep updating as I try different places.

Basic information: I am a level 75 Cleric with ~350 AAs. Raid buffed ~12k hp / 11k mana. Combination of GoD/OoW gear.

Wall of Slaughter: (hot zone currently)
    Undead murkgliders
    Exp : ~4%
    Kill time: ~2-3 Minutes
    Max hit : ~600-700
    Run at low health : Yes
    Notes: They are very fast. To prevent them from running at low health, stagger a fight with a new pull. Example: Pull one, engage. Make sure you pull another before current mob is below 20%, resulting in no runners. Rinse repeat. You can also fight 2 at a time, but like the above scenario, if one dies and the other is below 20% at the time it will run.

Arcstone:
    Fallen Champion, undead horses.
    Exp : ~3-4%
    Kill time: ~2-3 Minutes
    Max hit : ~600-700
    Run at low health : No
    Notes: This is my 'lazy' camp. Can begin a fight with one mob, and go AFK to come back 3 minutes later with it dead. Fighting 2 at a time is definately possible, increasing your EXP substantially

The Hole: (Deep in, tower)
    All types, Gargoyles, Spirits etc.
    Exp : ~1%
    Kill time: ~1-2 minutes
    Max hit: 100-300?
    Run at low health : Yes
    Notes: Fighting many at a time is the only way of gaining any type of decent EXP. 4-6 mobs at a time. If you're fast, you can clear the entire tower before respawn, barely.

Crypt of Decay:
    Puslings, Magus, etc.
    Exp : Solid 2%
    Kill time: ~1:30-2 minutes
    Max hit: ~300
    Runs at low health : Yes
    Notes: Could fight up to 4 at a time. Very decent exp if you prefer being busy!

Plane of Tactics:
    Anything.
    Exp : 2%
    Kill time: 2-3 minutes
    Max hit: ~500
    Runs at low health : Yes
    Notes: Poor exp and runners make for a bad exp spot. Only benefit are old world namers, dropping high-tribute point items.

Plane of Valor:
    Razorfiends:
    Kill time: ~1:30, low HP.
    Max hit: ~400
    Runs at low health : Yes, but very very slow
    Notes: Quick kills, not bad exp.

Undead Vassals:
    Exp : 1-2%
    Kill time: 1-1:30
    Max hit: ~350
    Runs at low health : No.
    Notes: Very fast kills.

Crystalline Golems / Spiders
    Kill time: 2 minutes
    Max hit: ~400
    Runs at low health : Yes, but fairly slow.
    Notes: Better exp spots than this.

More to come. Feel free to add input, and I'll edit this master post. If someone on this board could sticky this perhaps.
    Last edited by Serrahs; 05-13-2007 at 03:24 AM.
    Serrah
    75 Exemplar
    The Nameless
    Guildless!

Default Re: Level 75 Solo spots - Detailed info!

Great detailed info - Thanks!

Im surprised this post wasnt all in CAPS Damn paps your the pinky shift king and you didnt use it here. GOD your such a slack. BoT is always fun.

I've heard reports of fun and soloable undead camps in whatever the name of that tbs zone that has all the islands in it, but I haven't any time there myself. I don't even remember what they conned, just that they ate my brother's druid pretty fast and that their pathing was beyond screwed up.
    Celedine Crashcart
    80 Exemplar of Tunare
    Retired Hussy

If you mean fun TBS, you mean light blue who hit for 1000 and have 40-60k HP, then sure.

I have been soloing parts of the Hand Aug tasks in The Buried Sea and it is not easy. I am maxxed Experience and max AAs so I don't know what the experience is like. I am Anguish/Demi geared. The light blues hit for just over a 1000 max hit, and they hit fast, and everything runs (minus the undead). The dark blues hit for over 1100 max hit, and they hit very fast, and again it all runs at low health. Most of the mobs are highly MR so nukes are resisted more than they land. It takes about 7 minutes or so to kill each one (most of that is spent chasing them after 20%, rooting, meleeing). If you get 2 you are basically dead. You can out run agro if you have levi and have a fast horse.

I soloed 1200 AAs and level 70-75 so I know soloing. There are a ton of better, and much easier places to solo than The Buried Sea.
    Marinoni Oakenshield of Sojourners

I am max aa as well and about CoA geared, and the snakes in Tbs was very hard for me as welll (and was light blue)but i could kill then fast wi th VOV WoR , I hit the DA type spells from time to time for free dmg and healing as well as greater avatar when its up

Great post thank you for the sugestions. I tried the Murk's in WoS and found they were all light blue, and thus the xp didn't pan out as expected. Has anyone tried MPG/RSS or a TSS area?

I don't have a ton of info to add right now; it's been a long time since I solo'd something other than PoNightmare spiders for tailoring increases. (Gogo 2100 club hehe).

But keep in mind, % per kill isn't the only thing to consider; % per hour or 30 min is usually better as you might find a place that's packed with lower exp but you can kill them quicker, thus over time your exp is faster than those 7 min a kill for 10% exp.

I had killed some of the mobs in Katta for 10% exp a kill but still took me 5 min to kill one. That's not all that fast.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

No more is to come, Daerius (Serrah) Retired again, doubt he will read this again but feel free to input.

I soloed 1200 AAs and level 70-75 so I know soloing. There are a ton of better, and much easier places to solo than The Buried Sea.
    Can you be a bit more specific on where you soloed? I just recently returned but with a limited play time so most of my online time is spent raiding and not much time to lvl in a group.

I just dinged 71 and have 466 AAs. Can click my sig link for my magelo for gear info, only thing not matching is the boots. I just got the Boots of the Fallen Saint. I'd like to solo as much as I can to lvl up instead of sitting LFG on the only day I have to xp.

I used to solo a bit before I took my hiatus but the spots where I soloed are quickly becoming obsolete.

I dont have alot of play time outside of raiding either and enjoy soloing so I dont have to disrupt a group when i log off after only 30 minutes. I am Demi/CoA geared with almost 1300AAs. MPG is my spot for exp and WoS NW to reload the trader. MPG is around 5%AA but with 2 stuns loaded and a decent nuke focus they are dead in short order, there is alot of room for them to run before getting into adds. The names in here are very dooable too. WoS the exp isnt as good but it has tradable loot and the added benefit of a cuple challenging solos (Shadowhunter and Discordling Warfiend, SH I have soloed and DW I have tanked but had a group with me).

I have tried all the spots that Serrah posted for us except The Hole and the info is all right on, good job. Personally I really enjoy pushing myself and going for the big solos, Vindicator was my first big one, then BoT tower named, and finally SH. Any suggestions for my next target?
    Farkaa Youkaa
    75 cleric on the stromm server

Just because I retired as a GL, does not mean I retired as a player.

Farkaa, I have tried MPG and it is indeed possible. Isnt it faster to do undead Murk's though?
    Serrah
    75 Exemplar
    The Nameless
    Guildless!

Paps you spelled your name wrong.

the undead murks are camped alot already plus I enjoy more of a challenge.
    Farkaa Youkaa
    75 cleric on the stromm server

Some of you may know me , i'm from the MT / Emarr server, an i do solo quite abit .

i'm in Demi / coa gear . self buffed i get up to 16.2khp an 3100ac have almost all my mods max an almost 2k AA's . with Promiced renewal an vov of valor , soloing for us clerics have gotten so much easyer .

now if you just looking for for AA exp , best place i found was in Direwind killing the undead there in boneyard area , theres like 3 places that undead spawn , you get about 12% AA exp per kill an kills are pretty quick for me under 3 minutes with self ward of repraisal being max of like 3 1/2 minute timer they die before it fades . for sure max hit is about 1300 . lot times i tank 2 at one time . 3 at time is pushing it, i tend to have chain cast PR onmyself root one an run around till PR fires then cast again an tank 2 then reroot as root fade off the 3rd one. the undead gnolls can drop 71 & 72 spells about only good loot they have an depending on spell an going price in baz you could make decent plat from them. there are also 3 named in the SW boneyard area they about as hard as normal trash mob there an drop some decent tradeable stuff.

other places i go for quick AA exp is Arcstone there some nice undead there ,most are light blue with only few that dark blue cons an can kill about 5 to 6 those at time get about 4% AA per kill .

Veksar i go ther to farm tribute loot as some of it can go for 20k+ for tribute, the highbornes there are light blue to 75 an can kill 5+ theme easy , not greated exp but its exp none the less .

the Steppes at NW corner is bunch giants , now they light blue to dark blue an can drop 71 &72 spells an run at low life 20% or lower, unless your tanking 2 at time then they fight till death , thats what i usually do when one dies i pull another so other one don't run , so hate running mobs an exp from them is about 5 to 6% per kill on AA.

I have also soloed Statues in AG at zone they hit hard an you defently need practice at that to survive , as i have died few times trying it , not recomended to do just something for fun .

also if had snare of any sort could solo the spider in the pit in valdhome , without snare i wouldn't try it , you'll end up with ot adds. they just love resisting root spell.

they have added alot f special undead to bunch zone they are dark blue cons to lvl 75 , an when they die they insta repop an are about 8% AA exp, an pretty easy to solo kill under 2 minutes most time . ones i generally kill are in Sunderock at the verg mines quarry.

anyways hope this helps for some you soloers out there .