Thread: Lvl 75 solo , where to?

Default Lvl 75 solo , where to?

Well i leveled up to 75 with only 250ish AA's and it seems i should have stayed at 70 longer.
    Buffed up im at 9500hps,9100mana,2100ac and my AA xp per kill is depressing. So much so that I quit for a month or so..but of course I came back as always.

I know,I know, - we are not a solo class. But on nights when i get home from work and I only have 3-4 hrs to play i prefer NOT time LFG then 20 minutes traveling to some pickup group to xp for 1 hr or so before it falls apart as everyone else goes to bed (i work wierd hours) .

At level 71 I loved Arcstone xp, but now at 75 its just a waste of time. Ive searched forums all over and it seems the lvl 75 cleric AA farming solo is much much slower than lvl 71. Im seriously tempted to just die and de-level a couple times so I can find a happy place in the game again. It would make more sense than wasting time on alts - which is what im doing, since i always return to the cleric class at the end of the day.

So...any decent lvl 75 solo AA options?

Default Re: Lvl 75 solo , where to?

Well, they're tough but the skellies on deadbone reef in the TBS are soloable (or at least I killed one and got killed by the next one through carelessness). Not sure about the exp / kill, and the fight took me about 3 minutes. Monkey Island has weaker skellies.
    The PoDisease is pretty easy - not great EXP, but not hard. PoDecay is also not bad, if you're flagged for it.
    http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1348060

This isn't a direct answer, but folks started an EQ Wiki (and it needs a lot more information added) but here's some of the information I was able to throw into it. It doesn't show % AA earned per kill as that's so dependent on too many variables (level, amount going to AA versus level, and length of time takes to kill so AA per hour more important).

http://www.eqclerics.org/wiki/index.php/Mobs

For those who have other suggestions, go ahead and edit them into the Wiki file so we can make this a stronger resource.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

I feel your pain Valandil, Working so hard to get to 75 and then most of my AA soloing spots were no longer viable options(exp sucks lol). Please Don't Delevel!!! that last grind damn near did me in hehe.

From what I understand shrouding down to a lower level might be a decent way to work AA's. I haven't tried it myself so I cannot give you any advice on it, but Ask around and see if others know how it works.

Another option is to Pick an expansion.. for example: TSS and then head to the first zone from the guild hall and try the mobs there and keep moving over one zone just like we did at lower levels and see what you can handle and get good AA.

Something else I would do, if you have the "needed" buffs when you are done experiencing for the night, Is camp in the zone you are apt to group/solo in the next time you are playing, that way you don't have that long run(time waster) ahead of you at least.(then you can whore yourself out err lfg right there).

Sorry I don't have any better suggestions but Good Luck to you

Thanks for replies.

Prosia - thats what i have been doing lately is camping in Icefall or such trying to luck into a grind so i can get that hoop somehow which would help a lot.

This morning before work i found a viable spot - POV caves, the fiends are juuust barely light blue and got low enough hps that i multi pull and kill em fast enough - but Im still working nonstop for 15min for only net 25% of an AA.

One reason I dont have all my healing AA's done is because i spent on stuff like spell crit,etc to help my dps from ward procs ..so i kind of trapped myself in this situation. Maybe another 100 AA's will change things..gonna find out , thats for sure

I've spent a little time in the Ascent lately, where the undead mobs are light blue to blue, soloable and can move the AAXP bar. The Vampires and Zombies can prove a challenge so you'll probably want to try and pull those solo.

I'm not sure if undead are a permanent resident here so this may be a temporary opportunity.

BoT Isnt horrible i do that for pp/cheap xp.

Update:

Ive have spent much time in BOT but its pretty boring. My current best spot after 2-3 weeks of seafrching is the obvious : Paw, hotzone gives ya 3% aa per kill and even a non raid cleric like me can do fine there. No one is ever in the zone and its always a short distance to 'next pull'.

Anyone know how good the undeads in TBS are? I ran past an island full of them while running from a scavenger croc and I didnt have time to stop to chat with them

Go to the Ascent. It is super easy. You should be able to get 1 AA an hour there on just the pumas. If you go for the undead you will get your AAs even quicker. Just try and avoid the male vampire model, they hit very hard, but they are not that bad.

I used to go to this zone every day before we raided and I would get 2+AAs in the hour or so before the raid using Lesson of the Devout. I maxxed my AAs and Levels in there. With the addition of the undead you can get more AAs even quicker.
    Marinoni Oakenshield of Sojourners

One place I found that I was able to make aa's Happen at an alright Pace is Blackfeather Roost... there are LB mobs that U can kill there NP at all.. just as long as U dont get too many. Plus it is easy to get keyed to the islands...easily soloable... the first 2 islands are not good XP (if any) but once U get up to I think it is the Third and Fourth Island it isnt bad XP at all I find.

I agree with Syanayde, Blackfeather Roost can be fairly easy to solo as long as you don't get to many mobs on you. The plat from selling the feathers and gems isn't bad either, granted it isn't a place that your gonna get rich farming but it isn't bad.
    CLICK HERE TO GET A SURPRISE

Become a Knight

The KISSing Cleric of Mystical Lightfighters
    Loraly's Toys

Chardok B used to be my soloing haunt before the Ward of Vengeance line came out, after that was undead murks in WoS. I haven't tried Blackfeather Roost yet, I'll have to try that out.
    Celedine Crashcart
    80 Exemplar of Tunare
    Retired Hussy