Thread: Guilds that ask to Much

Default Guilds that ask to Much

I have noticed a trend of some of the guilds that just ask to much of there players. I have seen some of my freinds raid 8 + hour a day and must make raids everyday to keep in guild. I am not going to names of any guilds here but i really think some guilds forget to have fun. I am not going to say every raidguild is bad, there many out there that do very well and treat there players well, iam not talk about this type. I am talking about the ones that ask silly stuff from players * aka look at a random app webb page this is a good sign* The ones that push loot/flags over the feeling and fun of there players.

Now i want to get your thoughts,

1 Are you a Raider , if so what end low middle high

2 Why do you play the game for fun for flags, loot ect

3 What do you like to do while free time wish you was raiding tradeskills xp questing ect.

4 If some of the old locked zones was open to everyone how would that make you feel

anyways forgive the typos its early =P just wanted to get everyone thoughs on this

Default Re: Guilds that ask to Much

1. Yes, guild broke into Anguish last month, have been farming Warden Hanvar and had our first Jelvan encounter last night, needless to say, it did not go well.

2. I play for all those reasons, I've also made some friends in game that I like keeping in touch with.

3. Free Time (what's that?). I usually am on one of my lower level alts. I actually spent this last weekend getting 3 of my alts the DoubleXP potions, still have a couple to go (yes, i'm an alt-oholic)

4. Old locked zones... you aren't talking about PoP progression by chance are you? I would keep them locked, but have an alternate access path/quest made available. If they were opened, I'd probably be annoyed at first, but I wouldn't do anything drastic, since it's not really my decision.

Tam's Stuff
    Lv 79 Cleric - Veeshan's Fury

caminrya said in post #1 :

1 Are you a Raider , if so what end low middle high

2 Why do you play the game for fun for flags, loot ect

3 What do you like to do while free time wish you was raiding tradeskills xp questing ect.

4 If some of the old locked zones was open to everyone how would that make you feel
    1) Yes, low side of the high end content I guess. We're just about to break into Demiplane, we farm Anguish and the DoDh progression mobs on a regular basis.

2) I play for the people. I enjoy spending time with most of the people in my guild and that is what keeps me coming back. The loot and flags are gravy.

3) I don't get to play much outside of raids lately because of my work schedule but when I can I am usually XP'ing or questing. I used to be into Tradeskills and still work on them from time to time but it's more fun to be playing with friends than hitting combine.

4) I don't care if they open up the old keyed zones like PoP but I think if they do that a lot of people are going to miss out on some really good learning raids. I have worked my way up and done all of the flagging raids from PoP to Demiplane and I think that in the process I became a better player.
    Proud to be an EQCleric Admin!

Yes, Higher End... working on Deathknell now.

To see much of the game that most will not see; ie. Zones, Loot, Mobs. Also I have developed many friends over the last 7 years that I enjoy playing with.

Free time is XP and Questing

I really think there is a good feeling about getting keyed or flagged for a zone. Camping dragons for a Sleeper's Tomb key, camping mind numbing hours/days/months for VT key. PoP would really upset me if they opened up zones based on lvl. The back flagging concept for it really kinda irked me. All in all it really doesn't effect me, but knowing what goes into getting EP flagged or Time flagged meant a lot to me. Sadly with the progression of the game there is little to know reason to go into these zones. You can get gear double what these provide with little effort. I don't mind this, but it just loses some of the value of what you have earned. Although with that said... I like today's EQ 10x better than 7 years ago. There is so much more depth in it... =) Flame on!! =)

Yes, mostly low to middlin. Standard raid force rarely breaches 30 folks so we do what we can with minimum numbers. Our progression status is essentially farming Anguish, Tacvi atm.

Seems to me the best part of eq is the chance to see the whole thing and not skip stuff just to get to the end, but I could be wrong.

As basically maxxed aa theres not a lot left for me, but I like helping others, so mostly that.

Depends on the situation, zone etc. I can see both sides. PoP advancement was so involved and complex it seems to me to cheapen it with lvl flagging, but I can also appreciate declining participation and the desire to keep some interested by making it more achievable.

owdy Cam

kC

1. Raider - Deathknell level

2. I play cause I'm hooked Realistically it's the people, then the 'things' to do in game, then the content and loot (those are last).

3. I'm a full vested player. I have tradeskilled since around day 3 of my character (back in Freeport early Aug 2001) and all skills but tailoring are at 300 (fairy godmother where are you?). I've done almost all old school quests and most of the new ones. I LOVE camping boring spawns and working progression missions. I like grouping. I love sitting and chatting, staying in PoK/Guild lobby and just buffing/rezzing folks and soloing (more often for tradeskill drops or to test my mettle against some 3-4 year old tough target).

4. I actually would not like any of the locked zones opened up. To understand why, you have to understand I'm a rule, logic, type personality.
    a) No end zone has ever been opened up therefore I don't see why the trend should change unless it changes for all end zones (Veeshan's Peak, Sleeper's Tomb, Vex Thall, Plane of Time, (skipping GoD since they already just changed that), Anguish, Demi-Plane (though the exact zone layout and may mob models are in Dreadspire so non raiders/casuals can see and experience it), Deathknell, the instances of Ashengate and Frostcrypt.

b) What would I do? Would it affect me? It doesn't affect me at all. Though I already am fully keyed for every locked zone up to and including Deathknell so I haven't missed or felt I missed anything.

c) I spent the first 2 years of my EQ time as a non raider in a small family guild and never felt that I was missing something. Once I did, I gravitated a bit toward raiding. I've always felt there's a sense of accomplishment in completing something by overcoming some obstacle. When I got my Sleeper's Tomb key, I felt it. Getting my VT shards and emp ring (even though it was months later when I got the raid parts) I felt it.
    - What I would counter ask is, among those who want the zones unlocked, what about the locked part is causing problems? Most older zones can be unlocked naturally with a couple months of work or less.
    Couple of months compared to 5-8 months most guilds took years ago is a great step forward.

Since this is a MMORPG, I don't see why every guild has to have it 'their' way and why guilds can't have a need to work together with each other to accomplish goals that by themselves they can't complete. That is - because every member has a choice in how much of the game they see.

All old zones eventually lose their interest. Old exp zones have lost interest a lot quicker than old raid zones (stop and think about that for a minute) ... Raid zones should be no different but they are. However, if the old raid zones stop being utilized, new raids that taught the same type of techniques should be immersed throughout newer expansions so the skills taught at those older raids aren't lost as well.

~ I recently saw some guild's webpage that raided 6-8 hours a day and said if you can't make 80-90% raid attendance, don't bother applying. I actually was shocked that there were still some guilds that tried that approach and were successful as I'd understood EQ to have changed and moved away from that hardcore of a guild attitude .. but I guess it hasn't completely. Obviously there was a niche for it since the guild had and was able to obtain members.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

1. Yes, high end raider, We just broke into Ashengate (TSS) been farming DK and Demi for a while.

2. I play because I have fun beating new content. I have a lot of good friends that also keep this game, well interesting =P. Oh and my boyfriend is an officer of my guild so that helps. keeps me from having to fight about playing to much =)

3. I hate tradeskills they drive me up the wall, anything i need i make my boyfriend make it for me or buy it. On my free time I help guildies with factioning, or just aa grinds. lately though its been all about factioning for Ashengate access. Our guild only raids Monday-Friday so we have our weekends off which is nice!

4. To be honest it isnt that hard to get flagged for the old zones i would think. but either way i wouldnt want the zones to be unlocked. mainly because the whole point of everquest is to progress and figure out events as a whole.

1. sorta, very low end
    2. Fun
    3. Wish I was raiding, xp'ing
    4. I would be disapointed if they unlocked all the locked zones. I will probably never get to see alot of the locked zones in EQ, but having such a large world that is to easily accessable to everyone would take alot of the fun out of the game. Guess maybe a wierd but I like the fact that this game is so large that I will probably never experince all of it.( Means I will never run out of things to d

1 yes. mid to high

2 i like to do progression, quests, tasks etc

3 trade skill -- i am all about the skill ups, questing

4 i would not like it, that is part of the game. either you make it or you don't.

I do agree that some guilds require too much from people I mean really, after all it is a GAME. I actually had a GL yell at me through tells bc i was late to a raid (that I had previously told him i would be late for bc of work). some forget that RL takes precedence over game and for me, work takes precedence over everything at times to include family.
    the last guild i was in was a great guild, but the requirements started to get...stupid. they knew my work schedule, i kept in contact pretty regularly, but after a while getting berated bc i was not able to be there on specific raids (80 hours a week here in this job) i just could not take the pressure from that and RL too. so yeah while i miss the big hits, anguish raids and all, i don't miss the stress of the high end raid guild.
    Megz Chasingcats~Retired
    Faerune, Elven Druid of Firiona Vie

1. Yes, Demiplane/ToB with cleric, PoP/GoD/DoN with chanter and sk

2. I play to have fun with friends and my RL brothers who also both play.

3. Free time= farm stuff for friends/family, hand out cleric luvins

4. Having done keying for old content, I wouldn't mind if some older zones had soloable/groupable alternate quests, since there is a lot of cool old content that some people who have owned the expansion for years haven't seen because they don't belong to a raiding guild (specifically thinking EP's and GoD here, one of my best IG friends that I've known since velious was new, with 5 mostly solo'd 70+ toons has never seen qvic)
    Celedine Crashcart
    80 Exemplar of Tunare
    Retired Hussy

Low side of High End, just finished FC and Lethar 2.0 this month. Beginning Solt.

There are a few guilds that can raid and have RL time...mine is a good example, we raid 4X a week but you are required to attend only one per month.

I play for all of the reasons, friends, content, zones etc.

During free time, I work some tradeskills, do exp for main and 2 alts. Chit chatting and buffing.

Hello, my name is Raynak. I like long walks on the beach, poetry, romantic movies and poking dead things with a stick....... {rolleyes}

My View <<<|>>> EQ Players <<<|>>> My Crew

HI RAYNAK!

It's definitely important to find a guild that is the right fit.

Some on our server think my guild is to hard core, but we only raid 4 nights a week and our attendance requirement to remain in good standing is 30%.

Last few months I've had a lot of personal stuff going on but I still log in for raids because it's not just about the stuff, its about the people. I have a lot of great friendships in the guild, we have had meet ups so I know a lot of them IRL (as well as having met their spouses). It's really kinda neat and even when I'm stressed out with life I look forward to logging in and talking to everyone.
    Proud to be an EQCleric Admin!