Thread: Low-HP mobs

Default Low-HP mobs

A couple of questions:

1) I was just wondering, where's the best place to go for relatively low-HP mobs that a duo can kill fast-ish?

2) I'm PLing a baby shaman, is there a nice xp modifier in the TSS zones or should I stick to hot zones? If I PL her in Blightfire, she can accumulate the stuff for a set of Blightfire, just for kicks (and I can certainly kill the named for the patterns).

Thanks!
    Indrix Cuthalion, Resident Guild Wuss of Shadow Congress

My Stuff

Default Re: Low-HP mobs

what lv? that matters a lot where your able to go and xp

*selfbonk* D'oh.

We're lvl 75 -- usual duo partner is my husband's ranger, sometimes trio with a second ranger, rangers are geared at about GoD level (and rising, our guild is starting to farm Anguish), I'm at 9.5k mana unbuffed, 10.5k hp self-buffed. My husband's ranger is working on Omens defensives and has a level or two, I think. I believe the other has more (but she's not always around). I have the mana to keep a reasonably-geared ranger alive as long as the mob isn't hitting way too hard, but it can take an unreasonably long time to kill things that have a lot of hit points even when I summon up a hammer and start swinging. So I'm looking for pointers on mobs we can kill at a reasonable pace -- either light blues that we can kill fast, or dark blues that a ranger at our gear and AA level can tank.

My Stuff

Lev 75, with 7.4k hp and 9.2k mana, according to the magelo
    From having a somewhat simliar Cleric, I'd say you can solo in WoS or HoH pretty easily. but if you want really low HP mobs, try Veksar. They'll be LB, though, mostly
    I've found PLing in the moors to be very nice and fast. DOn't worry about named - just kill everything :-) Just drop a couple of marks on them and you'll be fine
    http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1348060

YAMWAK said in post #4 :
    Lev 75, with 7.4k hp and 9.2k mana, according to the magelo
    Relax, I'm not lying. My magelo is a week out of date.

I'm staring at her inventory window right now.

9586 mana unbuffed
    7427 hp unbuffed, 10337 self-buffed (Ten II + AoS I) (meh, so I misremembered by 163hp, so shoot me)

edit: oh, I know what it was, when I'm hunting with my husband I usually have Strength of the Forest Stalker on, it's another 186 hp (rank I), so I'm not misremembering.

Sheesh, is everybody going to be trying to make me look like a liar if I don't keep my magelo 100% up to date at all times???
    Last edited by Indrix; 02-12-2007 at 10:14 AM.

My Stuff

Indrix said in post #5 :

Relax, I'm not lying. My magelo is a week out of date.

I'm staring at her inventory window right now.

9586 mana unbuffed
    7427 hp unbuffed, 10337 self-buffed (Ten II + AoS I) (meh, so I misremembered by 163hp, so shoot me)

edit: oh, I know what it was, when I'm hunting with my husband I usually have Strength of the Forest Stalker on, it's another 186 hp (rank I), so I'm not misremembering.

Sheesh, is everybody going to be trying to make me look like a liar if I don't keep my magelo 100% up to date at all times???
    Indrix

I think you took his post the wrong way, I believe he checked your magelo to respond to Caminrya's Question and posted without refreshing the page, so he didn't see your reply(check times)

Most of the people here are very helpful and nice, chances are his intentions were good, since he did offer you advice in the same post, not just dispute your mana/hp.

Welcome to the site I'm sure you will like it here =)

I block Strength of the Forest Stalker, it blocks Yaulp.

My View <<<|>>> EQ Players <<<|>>> My Crew

rss would not be so bad imo, as well as some of the newer zones Dire, ice
    Dont forget ( as iam sure you have not) Kiteing ( rng fun) and the /flex all poweful cleric nuke! works well so as you dont have to tank alnd worrie about what mobs hits for ect

Indrix - I was indeed foolish enough to post without refreshing the page. I assure you no insult was intended, but apologise if insult was taken.
    http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1348060

i know for me pling my baby shammy and zerker cleric is 75 and the sec they was able to group w/ me i took them to dulak (where i farm meat) i can pull trains of about 30ish mobs with ward vow and a hot pot ae stun ae nuke and let them kill selfs on ds andmy bots lvl fast

Thank you, I'm sorry I took offense.

Baby shaman is 27 and ToFS is pretty fast. The only problem there is, even though the mobs are undead, they flee at low health, so I have to be ready to root the last mob before it runs. The undead frogs in Lower Guk also flee at low health, so I'm pondering hitting Kaesora next -- it's not a hot zone, but it has a hefty ZEM and I think the undead don't run.

Gotta come back to the low-hp mobs later -- with TBS just released, we'll probably be doing group missions for oruks until we get our spells, at the very least.

My Stuff