Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes it's best to just say "No Thank You."

Default Sometimes it's best to just say "No Thank You."

A few days ago I was hunting with my level 30'ish DE Cleric - often times I'll 2-box her with Iksar Monk but that gets boring so it's fun to join group from time to time and make new friends. So I /ooc blah blah blah LFG and I get a /tell back from another Cleric to come join them. Turns out this Cleric is very friendly and we talk a bit and this person has a nice group of friends.

When we're finished playing she asks for me to meet her afterward because she has something for me - no my Cleric is fairly well geared IMO for a level 30 but I think it's nice of this person to offer me something and I don't want to come off as being rude and say "No." The stuff she gives me is fairly low end except for a pair of sleeves that I cannot currently wear (need to level more).

I thank her very much and comment how nice it is of her and I'm happy to know that people can be nice without really knowing you.

Couple days later I get a /tell from her to meet her in PoK, she says she has more for me - I really don't want to accept her goods even though the BP she offers me is a bit of an upgrade (lacks mana and regen like my Blightfire BP but has better HP and stats). Once again I thank her very much and am delighted to know very nice people still exist.

I notice that she is not wearing any mana regen and offer to supply the parts for the Blightfire BP and Boots for her - one good turn deserves another right? She refuses and says her stuff is better - fine, she's a bit more straight-forward than me, that's ok.

Now it gets strange, she asks me to join her group at OT - I think GREAT! She hands me a SoW potion and off we go, she runs us right through the middle of OT and into the Iksar/Scorpion pit - I'm on auto-follow and before we take the leap of faith I'm too surprised to wonder what is going on. I fall to my death (quite hilarious actually) and she doesn't (I suppose she clicked DA or DB while dropping).

No biggie I laugh and she pays for me to get summoned (I've been away for 2 years, didn't know about this stuff at the guild hall) and offers me a 20% rez - I kindly refuse and give myself a 35% rez.

I begin to notice an impatient tone - and as the eve progresses sarcastic statements and insults are hurled my way. I'm given a sow potion and told, "Now you have no excuse for falling behind." I make a comment about later about keeping up, "Now I won't lose you." and I'm called an "ass."(?) She gets really bossy and rude and inspects me at one point and asks, "How come you are not wearing the BP I gave you?"

Well at this point I've had enough, RL can be stressfull enough I don't play EQ for this kind of BS. I kindly ask her to meet me at the bank, I give her back all her stuff and 100pp (It's more than she spent for the soulstone(s) for my summons but I don't give a darn.) She remarks, "Why are you giving me this back?" I just say, "I don't want it." She asks me for the BP back which I was getting to.

After I gave her her stuff back I said, "I'm tired - take care, see you around."

She said, "Thanks for being nice." not sure if she was serious or sarcastic - I don't care to know at this point.

Moral of the story sometimes it's just best to say, "No Thank You."

Default Re: Sometimes it's best to just say "No Thank You."

eesh - sorry that it turned out she was so nasty. I think sometimes people forget their manners and forget that they are dealing with a real person on the other side of that toon.
    Proud to be an EQCleric Admin!

Yikes, sounds like someone best avoided in the future by anyone who comes across her.

Epps i think you did the right thing

did ya get any nudies?
    Priest Coaidiel Ovhate
    75 Cleric of the Rathe

I really needed to vent, thank you folks for your input and support.

Somedays two-boxin certainly has it's advantages.

Default Re: Sometimes it's best to just say

One word for ya....

BI-POLAR

Ok, I realize she just could have had a cranky evening, but it's easy to overlook that sometimes the real people behind the toon may have some serious real life issues going on. I was good friends with someone on EQ for a long time when all of the sudden they got really weird... possessive, paranoid, all that stuff. Finally it came out that they had gone off their medication. As someone who has worked in the psychological field, I eventually convinced them to get back on it and "viola"..... back to normal.

You did the right thing by parting ways now before it got worse. Sometimes it's the only thing you can do, and much better for your mental health.

Dailin Daydreamer
    69 Cleric of Druzzil Ro

It's a very interesting subject Dailin. It's quite shocking to suddenly be talked down to by someone in game who you thought was a friend, or in the least a friend in the making. I recently said Hello to another new friend I've made in EQ since returning and I was surprised but supportive (especially after reading about your experience) of her taking Prozac - I'm not big on drugs but I can't deny that some do have their benifits.

I'd rather play EQ with happy folks than moody, rude people - we all have our moodswings but while in game I'm having fun or I'll play alone! LOL

Thank you for that daily slice of odd.

Medication. Really.
    Itek's Magelo

Itek's Blog (Read it please.)

But check the Vet Rewards, I've been playing a LONG time.

Evil Nazi Bastard and a foreigner? Ahhh, one of the expats to south america where the nazis are rebuilding their aryan stock... maybe that's who the mean cleric from the OP was, an ENB?
    Celedine Crashcart
    80 Exemplar of Tunare
    Retired Hussy

Thank you for that daily slice of odd. Medication. Really.
    i continue to laugh

kC

LMAO! Oh my gosh was that out of left field or what?!
    Mendler
    Cleric Bot
    Nickinator
    War main

I suspect ranlren is the cleric Catrick was talking about and she chose to come here and give her explanation, her side of the story...

But then again I might just be wrong and this is completely unrelated!

i guess there really maybe something to the concept of context

altho i may laugh again regardless

kC

Itek said in post #10 :
    Thank you for that daily slice of odd.

Medication. Really.
    If you like that you should read the necrotalk flame forums hehe

Fcseven XIII the Dark Kiter Necromancer
    Fcten XoII the Trickster Cleric