Thread: @#^$%@^*%

Default @#^$%@^*%

*rant mode on*

BRISTLEBANE SAVE ME FROM EGOMANIACAL GUILD LEADERS!!!

We skipped GoD. Because of that, our DPS sucks rocks. But somehow we managed to get into Anguish anyway. We've been there for less than 3 months.

So what do we do now?

Do the math, for as little time as we've been in Anguish, we haven't even scratched the surface getting our raid force upgraded, especially since we're not raiding Anguish every chance we get (like the raid force wants to, we're all slavering after Anguish armor and augs), oh no, we're doing stupid things like clearing ToB again. We can only kill 3 of the Anguish bosses, it's not even farm status, not even close. We have maybe a dozen 2.0's and half the raid force has a piece of Anguish armor.

But we're so special, yes we are, that our gear level is sufficient to skip Demi-Plane and start killing DK access mobs! Oh yes we are! Roll the drums! Rah rah!

Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for us, because Porthio is kicking our collective butts.

Why would anybody want to skip Demi-Plane? Why? It's the next candyland.

CUZ WE'RE SPECIAL!

*cough*

No, it's because the GL is speshul, that's why.

*grumble*

And I need a new hat. Wanna see my hat? My hat (Yes, I know I could get a nice upgrade in the chest from 70.1 hard. So far, I can't drag anybody away from TSS spell farming to do it.)

*sigh*
    Binkin Anklebane, Exemplar of Bristlebane
    click epic + CH + Virt = less mana than keeping you alive

Default Re: @#^$%@^*%

Over zealous GLs are to often the cause of guilds folding, I myself have met with raid leaders hitting targets with full faith they could do it based on another guilds strat plans, not taking logical consideration the guild that made the strat most likely had a fully up-to-date geared guild, that had already been pharming the last expansion top end zone for the 6 months till next came out, and of course the strat they used would be significantly more difficult since most likely they are hitting the target with many half assed geared people.
    Also they seem to never look at class numbers..

In your case, I would suggest Not relying solely on anguish mobs for gearing up, many DoN targets still drop nice things as well as relic dragons, Skipping Demi is plane silly because it is and will be for some time a great gear up spot for newer raiders..
    Priest Coaidiel Ovhate
    75 Cleric of the Rathe

When I first read this, I didn't quite no how to reply because it just seemed surreal that someone in a leadership position would do this. I wasn't sure if the leadership decided to "jump" to the end because

a) of his/her own need to see the semi-end stuff
    b) boredom/tired of the work that goes into events (try it, fail and give up mentality)
    c) because they read someone else did it
    d) and a few other things that aren't quite as nice

Either your guild leader is sane or he isn't. As a guildmember, I'd like to know why he's making these decisions for the guild. Perhaps there is some reasoning there.
    - Maybe he thinks the lvl 70 focii from Anguish and below are useless with a lvl 75 raid force (and with the lvl 67 focii he'd be right).

Ignoring GoD I can understand; lots of guild have been doing that and working on Anguish. Giving up on Anguish after such a short time and skipping Demi all together I think isn't a smart move plan and simple. Only issue is you and I are preaching to the choir.

Say, you do manage to get past Porthio (it's not a DPS based event as much as multi-based so you can beat him). There are 3 named in ToB that you'll have major problems if Time/Group 200 hp gear is what your group has. One wench does 8k aoe's every 30 seconds and a 3-5k aoe 10 seconds or so earlier than the 8k aoe one. One mob is pure DPS based; every xx seconds he does an emote and starts hitting for more. Toward the end of our fights, he's hitting for 15k a pop (and he can go higher).

The first event in DK we're just learning but it requires 4 different areas of the room that have to be DPS'd strong. DPS enough and the 4 mobs take 1 step back; DPS exactly and they stay in position, not enough DPS and the 4 mobs take a step forward. 5 steps forward and 12k aoe goes off.

~~
    That said - let's talk about what you can do. Are you fed up to the point of leaving, do you think things are salvagable? What type of things, manners of speaking, does your guild leader listen to? Some need posts with links, others are swayed easier with other things.

What would help your guild leader understand the ramifications of what he's trying to do?

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

My guild skipped GoD Content but we spent time in CoA atm, and we do DoN Dragons minus Vish, We just went back and got to tacvi but we are starting demi stuff soon.

I kind of know how you feel, my guild would love nothing more to jump right in to CoA, Our guildleader knows better and we are doing some gear farming first. Its not for the lack of peeps asking us to go right for COA. My point is that maybe other peeps was asking for x raid, his choice to move ahead and take a risk could be base on what he feels his guild wanted

Not fed up enough yet to leave the guild, to answer one point. I've been in this guild for something over a year, and decided in the first week I didn't much like the guild leader but the rest of the members are really interesting folks, and this is where my EQ friends are. It takes me a long time to make friends -- I tend to be quiet and reserved in game -- the prospect of starting over in another guild is disheartening at best.

It's really frustrating to me that we're forging ahead when we're barely able to handle the content we're currently working on. Most of us want to settle in to working on Anguish for a while, get 2.0 orbs, get augs, get gear, beat the rest of the bosses. To the best of my knowledge, Anguish armor is an upgrade to everybody, even our best-geared folks. We'd do well to spend some time on it.

Not that my opinion matters. *grumble*
    Binkin Anklebane, Exemplar of Bristlebane
    click epic + CH + Virt = less mana than keeping you alive

Perhaps it would help to mention something to your lead cleric or an officer, just to point it out? Perhaps there are others that feel the same way. Maybe there is a non-threatening way to bring it up to the GL that might help him/her see a better way to progress.

Nellis Aethelind ~ 72 Wizard ~ Scholar
    Proud member of ~SOJOURNERS~

You don't have to wait for your guild leader to get augments from Anguish. All you need is one group (take a couple groups along and make it a mini raid). You are guaranteed at least 2 augments, up to 4 augments every 2 hours (?, or is it 3 can't recall). Plus the Experience is not that bad with a smaller force.
    Marinoni Oakenshield of Sojourners