Thread: CLR/RNG at 75?

Default CLR/RNG at 75?

Okay, now I'm looking for duo suggestions for lvl 75. We're not uber -- hubby's ranger has about 12.5k hp with just my buffs, I have about 10khp/9.2k mana (I have a tendency to choose hp over mana because, well, I typically run out of hp before I run out mana). My ambitions are modest, it would be nice to just duo with hubby and get a couple AAs in a couple or three hours. We don't have much in the way of PoP flags, PoFire is the only elemental we both have access to.

So what are the possibilities here? I heard something about RCoD around the signet camp, but no real indication on what duo xp would be like there. Ideas anyone?
    Binkin Anklebane, Exemplar of Bristlebane
    click epic + CH + Virt = less mana than keeping you alive

Default Re: CLR/RNG at 75?

You should be able to duo MPG/Stoneroot/Arcstone/Sunderrock/Steppes/Icefall (blue mobs like orcs and gobbies)/Dirwind (blue mobs like griffons, roots, wolves ect.). Especially if your husband has EC for slows. I used to box my cleric/ranger duo in MPG/Stoneroot/arcstone even a few times in RS (although the downtime in RS wasn't effective vs the other zones). With splitpaw being a hot zone, it might be a viable place even at 75 since it is tuned for level 65.

At my current level of gear, CoA+ (granted only the ranger is upgraded as she is my main and I still have slots to upgrade, only been in a raiding guild for a couple of months, before that it was a family guild but I had mostly the top 1, 2 or 3 groupable items for my slots), I duo or trio in Nest, Icefall, Direwind, Valeholm, Illsilan and the like. When I duo with the cleric, I tend to stay in Nest, Icefall, Illsilian, Dirwind (blues mostly) as those mobs don't hit hard enough to make it too much of an issue even if I don't get a slow proc early. When I trio I tend to seek out the yellow to red mobs in icefall/direwind/Valdeholm, as I have a shaman tagging along then.

Anyway, hope this helps some.
    Last edited by Ariowen; 01-22-2007 at 12:56 PM.
    Ariowen Dor'Drondel - Ranger
    Nicoletta Dor'Drondel - Cleric
    Avenora Dor'Drondel - Bard
    Sabanil Winddancer - Shaman

Alarius
    Cazic Thule
    Ari's Stuff
    Nic's stuff
    Ave's stuff

I have a ranger/cleric combo that I duo. I will tell you this, the content you can handle is very dependent on the AA's the ranger has. My ranger has similar hp's, but is maxed defensives, so it really makes a difference on the content I can handle.

I went to RCoD by to farm the signet recently, and most of the mobs there are lt. blue at 75. Made for pretty slow XP overall. MPG is very doable, and some TSS stuff like Sunder seemed to be decent duo XP. I think at 2300ish AC, 12.7k hp's with just cleric buffs, I can effectively handle mobs that hit up to 1200 or so. Much more than that, or the occasional burst dps mob, I just can't handle duo. EC is nice to have to slow, but any more, I usually just fight unslowed to take advantage of DS. Unless it's a named, it seems to go much faster letting them eat themselves.

Considering the sheer amount of content out there now, I'd just go play around to see what you can take on, and enjoy at the same time.
    Later,
    Selinya

Aye, that is also true as to the extent of AA the ranger has. Since I duoed alot, I maxed defensive early and kept it maxed as each expansion came out. Defensive AA will allow you to tank better and thus tougher and more than likely, higher xp giving mobs. I used to go to 50-60% of a mobs health using EC and then switch to dps set up before I got 2.0/Yar'lir basher combo. Now, unless it is a yellow/red or a named, I don't even use EC to slow and if I do, once the mob hits 75% or so I switch out to dps, if I haven't gotten a slow yet.

Like Selinya said, the sheer amount of content out there should allow you to find the content that you can handle, have fun at and gain xp at an acceptable amount.

I am now gonna try direwind black legion area duo just to see how it will work out. I might even try to trio ashen/FC just to see if I can and to see how mana intensive it will be to see if it would be effective, if I do survive.

Alarius
    Cazic Thule
    Ari's Stuff
    Nic's stuff
    Ave's stuff

I have my doubts about finding content that will let us gain xp at an acceptable rate. EQ isn't really designed for duos, and it seems like the only folks who can get decent xp in a duo are those with close to max AA and Demi-Plane gear.

I don't keep real close track of hubby's AAs, but he's somewhere around 200 and I know he's got the PoP defensives and is probably working on the Omens defensives. (I have enough trouble trying to decide what AAs to get myself, it makes my brain bleed to think about what he needs to get. *grin* ) I have 250 AA and my 1.5, currently I'm working on getting the TSS upgrades to CR and RC.

And yes, hubby's ranger has Earthcaller. His AC is something like 2300 with just my buffs.

Hopefully before too long we'll both have better gear -- our guild got into Anguish a couple months ago. Neither of us have much in the way of gear from Anguish yet, but that should change, gradually. The bosses aren't on farm status yet -- we haven't even beaten all of them -- but we're getting there, and the guild is getting some 2.0's too (I haven't even started on mine yet *wince* ) which is a welcome boost in DPS from the melee 2.0's.

But anyway, yeah, I guess we need to roam around seeing what we can accomplish. I just need some ideas where to start, really.
    Binkin Anklebane, Exemplar of Bristlebane
    click epic + CH + Virt = less mana than keeping you alive

MPG/Stoneroot/Sunder (elementals camp) should all be duoable and single pullable. In Stoneroot your husband would need to use Tranq or drifting fog to get singles, but it is easily done while MPG and Sunder (at the eles camp) singles are the rule rather than the execption. While the xp won't be flowing fast, it will be flowing and steady. Also, at the eles camp in Sunder, you have a shot at named that can drop TSS bracer/guants molds which might or might not be upgrades. And as you get further into CoA and can put mobs on farm status and the upgrades come, the easier it will be for these zones. Then you can move on to others and find that niche again.

Alarius
    Cazic Thule
    Ari's Stuff
    Nic's stuff
    Ave's stuff