Thread: A tale of embarassment, woe and laughter

Default A tale of embarassment, woe and laughter

This was a night I won't ever forget. Everyone has their "moment" once in a a lifetime of raiding that truly defines an "oops" moment. Here is mine.

This was too funny (after the fact) so this is a cut/paste I did from our websites front page. I often gently make fun of others on there so it was my turn.

~~
    I bring you the tale of a dwarf, trying to be heroic and instead feeling like a fool. Let me set the stage for you.

Our guild leader calls Vish. We have 1 rogue on, no monks, no SK’s. So we put together an unusual group for us to handle the Incorporal Shadows (1 bard, 1 enchanter and myself as I volunteer to act as a stunner).

Everything goes … well goes slowly since our DPS is off starting their new years celebration early (it’s December 28 again). The Incorporal Shadows spawn and I have my two stuns up that I loaded, both from TSS - single target and Silent Decree rank 2.

Needless to say, the bard has all 4 in one place and I see one start to move so I cast Silent Decree and ...

For those who can’t see the picture, here’s the description:

[Thu Dec 28 22:33:14 2006] Crystilla hit incorporeal shadow for 1027 points of non-melee damage.
    [Thu Dec 28 22:33:14 2006] Crystilla hit incorporeal shadow for 2310 points of non-melee damage. (CRIT NUKE MIND YOU)
    [Thu Dec 28 22:33:14 2006] Crystilla hit incorporeal shadow for 1027 points of non-melee damage.

And of course the next things I see are:

[Thu Dec 28 22:33:14 2006] You have slain incorporeal shadow!

[Thu Dec 28 22:33:24 2006] Bronkius has been slain by lifedrain shadow!
    And so forth for many many more names

Yes, I somehow managed to wipe a Vish raid because I mistakenly loaded an aoe damage stun.
    How could this have happened do you say?

1) The description of Silent Decree makes no mention of doing damage (every other damage stun we have says it does damage).
    2) Every 1 second stun we’ve had is non damage; Silent Decree is a 1 second stun.
    3) The icon for Silent Decree shares the icon with our undead dots *boggle*

Who the heck would know it was the wrong thing until they used it … but hopefully no one else has made the bone headed mistake that this dwarf has.

Now I think to myself maybe folks didn’t see that. Until I see this in my tell box:

So there ya have it. We've once had a druid MGB his AA heal on Tacvi mob (the south one with the baby bomb blobs). We've once had a druid (and a wizard actually) port out the entire MA group and healers on a mob where 40% of hour healers were in that group. Now we've had a mass kill of incorporal shadows
    Last edited by crystilla; 01-17-2007 at 01:04 PM.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

Default Re: A tale of embarassment, woe and laughter

eesh, yeah I think we've all had a moment similar to that. Last night on our 0% Vish wipe I had a cleric who wasn't healing and I'm yelling in channel for her to get back in rot. She sends me an "oops" tell, she had hit enter and was hitting her rot key but it was just putting the number in her chat window and she didn't notice until I yelled in channel LOL.

The third or fourth time we tried Vish I used cloudy potion when we moved up and of course it wore off and I aggro'd Vish early *blush* that was my moment.
    Proud to be an EQCleric Admin!

havent beat vish yet

but did get em to 35% with 28 in raid

doing more with less

kC

<Pactum> Tacvi/Anguish guild

Well, we are not raiding Vish, but I also have similar moments. Maybe I'm too lazy to use hotkeys like F1,F2,F3 to heal the group members, so instead of this I just target them or use the group window. However, sometimes I target wrong players, their pets or even that sporali familiar of our MT then I start casting CH...
    In conclusion, our MT is dead and the group is also dead and I have to run back to our camp.:

cycle npc

/assist ftw

kC