Thread: Traveller's Diary

Default Traveller's Diary

Traveller's Diary - Grindl Moonrakor, shaman of the Vah Shir
    Day 59
    I have just arrived in the hometown of the Coldain Dwarves, a city called Thurgadin. In some ways it reminds me of home, only much smaller. It's not hard for me to get around most of the city, but if I have to go into any of the houses or shops I have to duck so I don't fracture my skull. The dwarves smile, and are quite polite about it, but I know they find it amusing... watching the Vah Shir bump his head. Being a shaman does have some advantages here (my shrink spell does come in handy at times), they've even got plant merchants here so I can work on my alchemy without having to send away for materials (and can replenish the stocks I carry with me).

Day 60
    These dwarves have an odd appearance, not like the dwarves I met while traveling through the Butcherblock Mountains.. they come from the same original stock, but these Coldain have adapted to the ice and the cold of Velious. They drink and fight as hard as their cousins on Faydwer... They're also somewhat similar to the Halas-men, but the dwarves are not as sullen when not drinking or fighting. I have also been speaking to the local loremasters who speak of the old homes of the Coldain in the Eastern Wastes. They tell me some dwarves still live deep in the Crystal Caverns, but the journey there is not an easy one, with the Ry'Gorr orcs and Kromrif giants above, and many number of dangerous beasts below.

Day 63
    I was able to gain audience with the ruler of the Coldain, Dain Frostreaver IV in his residence of Icewell Keep, I gave him greetings from our people and the letter the King entrusted me to deliver to him. I have no idea what the letter contained, but I do know after reading it, the Dain called his royal council into session to discuss it. If it is anything similar to the other letters I have delivered in my travels, It is nothing to get overly excited about.

Day 64
    I was invited to join a small band of Coldain on a patrol to scout the Kromrif fort that is southeast of Thurgadin, near the pass to the Eastern Wastes. The giants have their own patrols out as well so stealth was called for. They were concerned, since I don't really blend too well into the snow, that I would be easily spotted. I used my invisibility spell, so that turned out not to be a problem. After scouting the fort, the troop leader decided to show me the caves where the wurms live. I think we got too close, since one of the wurms attacked us, but was forced to retreat from the axes of the Coldain.

Day 65
    Ugh.... Note to self: Never get into a drinking contest with a dwarf... By the True Spirit, my head hurts!

Day 68
    I will be leaving Thurgadin tomorrow morning, I was given a sealed letter from the Dain himself for delivery to the King. I will miss this place, I've grown fond of these people.

Day 69
    Returned to New Tannan and found some messages waiting for me, along with my next assignment. So it seems I won't be going home as soon as I had hoped. I sent my reports back to Shar Vahl, including the letter from the Dain.

Tam's Stuff
    Lv 79 Cleric - Veeshan's Fury

Default Re: Traveller's Diary

very interesting
    CLICK HERE TO GET A SURPRISE

Become a Knight

The KISSing Cleric of Mystical Lightfighters
    Loraly's Toys

Thanks... this is my first attempt doing something like this (well, my first attempt that I actually posted).
    I'll add more entries soon (probably not til after the holidays though).

Tam's Stuff
    Lv 79 Cleric - Veeshan's Fury

Aye, Very Intresting....

Very nice