Thread: Skilling up a nec/cle team

Default Skilling up a nec/cle team

Currently I am in Veksar duoing the first undeads after the goblins. My necro 51 slows/dots and back off. My cleric sics hammer pet on mob, nukes three or four times and wades in for melee skill ups.

XP is slowing down so I will move deeper in. I have been in group and was doing ok but XP was slow.

I want my clerics defense and 1hb to skill up since she can soon summon a nifty hammer vs undeads. Do you guys have any tips of what to think of when meleeing? A apir of dex ears perhaps to get more skill ups?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Skilling up a nec/cle team

For helping raise weapon skills, do you have a haste item or a means of hasting yourself? Try and get your combined worn and buffed haste as close as possible to 100.

For skilling up defense faster, don't slow the mobs.
    Last edited by Taeanu; 11-06-2006 at 10:07 AM.

I have a chanter 75 hasteing and I can grab a haste item in bazaar or camp for Soulscream while I am in Veksar. It is scary at best going up against a non slowed mob in Veksar with my clerics AC.

Thanks for reply.

Maybe use a lesser slow then as opposed to the necros best undead slow. To skill up defense you need to get hit more. That does make you die faster though. Experiment with the necros slow to find the lowest possible slow you can use to still make the fights feasible.

Taeanu
    ~ Sunaeri
    ~ Kenusten
    ~ EQ Interface Author

If you can find a mob that misses quite a bit, use that as your defense skill up mob because defense only has the chance to skill up on misses (funnily enough). Usually casters fit the bill quite well although takes them a while to become oom!

For safer defensive skill ups, duel the necro or enchanter that hastes you. Have them load a lower level pet, at a minimum it needs to dual wield. Make sure the pet is at least green (as in the new green con). Give the pet a couple of lame weapons. Make sure the pet is hasted. Let their pet whack on you.

Taeanu
    ~ Sunaeri
    ~ Kenusten
    ~ EQ Interface Author