Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better Invis *RANT*

Default Better Invis *RANT*

/rant on

I'm sick and freaking tired of my invis (from invis potions) dropping at the worst possible time. Trying to get to RSS last night, running through NC and MPG my invis dropped right near wandering mobs more than once, dying each time. I stayed away from the see-invis mobs too. I'm tired of the uncertainty of when it's going to drop. If the potion is going to be for a set amount of time(i.e. 30 minutes), it should bloody well be for that set amount of time. I've never had a case where any of my other buffs wears off prematurely (not talking about being debuffed), so why is invis such a special freaking case?

/rant off

Tam's Stuff
    Lv 79 Cleric - Veeshan's Fury

Default Re: Better Invis *RANT*

Shammys can make a better potion i believe, costly though
    Priest Coaidiel Ovhate
    75 Cleric of the Rathe

make an audio trigger ;-)

haven't had a problem since. my computer tells me "Invisibility Fading" in an English Acent (female)

using that with the potion belt, you should never die to invis dropping again. i used to hate the run through mpg trying to watch the map and keep an eye out for the text saying you start to apear. with the trigger, i can watch the map and not worry about it ;-)

edit:

here is the link to make "voice" audio triggers say whatever you want them to say.

http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

LOL several in my guild say they have ones that laugh or something everytime they get the text "Zarax has been slain"

(zarax is our guild leader)
    Last edited by Keyera; 10-13-2006 at 07:25 PM.

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

also keep in mind, you can re-invis, even with thousands of mobs standing by ya provided ya do so before "you apear" when the audio or the dreaded texts fires of "You feel yourself starting to apear" (iirc)...you thne can even while on the run, re-cast the potion..
    Priest Coaidiel Ovhate
    75 Cleric of the Rathe

^

is correct

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

I'll give the audio trigger a try, since I'm too busy looking at the map to see the text warning.

Tam's Stuff
    Lv 79 Cleric - Veeshan's Fury

audio trigger for invis is a life saver. It took me a long time to get used to audio triggers because I never liked to play with any game sound. Now I'm addicted to them =P

I'll second... er.. third... or is it fourth the audio trigger thing. The web application linked earlier is great. Make a custom triger sound to say whatever you want, and then have that fire off as "you feel yourself about to appear" (or whatever the text is exactly). Just save the .wav file to your Everquest/AudioTriggers folder so they'll be avail in EQ.

Awesome. I've had to re-invis like 4 times in a single quick zone run (about 2-3 mins) 'cause those cloudies are SO random duration. Didn't aggro a thing and was just anoying, but only 'cause I had to use so many cloudies. It is good that they are insta-click and you can click em on the run in front of mobs np though.'

Also works really well with Gift of Mana, Divine Intervention (wearing off) and Panelopy of Vie (wearing off).

Audio triggers are your friend...

[Edit]
    And if you do play with sound turned off in EQ... Audio triggers still fire off... you need to turn your speakers off or turn sound down/off in windows to shut them up.

Sometimes they startle me when I'm playing late at night and everything's quiet... "GIFT OF MANA!!!" out of the blue
    Last edited by Nizrenan; 10-16-2006 at 10:19 AM.

Cleric of "Grave Wisdom" - The Rathe

I don't have a problem per say about the cloudies other than the price....since they are so random in duration, I think they shouldn't charge so much for them. I know some of you are thinking that 10pp isn't that much but I seem to go thru them like water sometimes and that adds up. I think they should lower the cost of them at the vender to like somewhere between 2 and 5pp each which would be more fair with the duration of them.
    CLICK HERE TO GET A SURPRISE

Become a Knight

The KISSing Cleric of Mystical Lightfighters
    Loraly's Toys

Agreed,

Was with my guild farming 69.1 for an alt druid from the guild and I used 3 cloudy potions while the ranger was splitting the first two mobs. I used only one to go from GH to the instance zone. Talk about crazy!!

Either lower the price or make the duration fixed. None of this random crap!!

I'd easily pay 10pp more a potion for fixed invis, for most of us, money isn't an issue. If they don't want to make the game easy, give shamans some of their alchemy back, and let them make & sell fixed invis potions. It'd be the clicky ones any day...

On that note though, audio triggers do help, and I die far less often now because of them!

I agree Xorekle, ever since I starting using an audio trigger for "You feel yourself starting to appear" I haven't died once from invis popping. Love it !

Nellis Aethelind ~ 72 Wizard ~ Scholar
    Proud member of ~SOJOURNERS~

Why dont you get a Mage to summon you a 5 click invis stone? Use that when your going afk or something use your potions for raids or something. I get one of those almost daily.

to make an audio trigger:

hit the EQ button, then actions, then audio triggers (IIRC).

then type in the "phrase" that it looks for IE "Apear" - then set a tone for it.

or, you can use the link i posted in the second post, and make your own "sound" you then place that in the audio trigger file in the EQ directory, then set it up "in game".

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

I would and do use the mage stones...but I still need my pots!!!

I chew through 40 to 60 pots a day...not kidding.