View Poll Results: What do you think of the colorscheme we use?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it!

10 62.50%
  • I hate it!

1 6.25%
  • I'd like to see it updated but keep the basic color scheme.

3 18.75%
  • Go with a completely new layout next redesign.

2 12.50%

Thread: Site Colors

Default Site Colors

This isn't the most active section of the site, but I wanted to do a poll and open the table for discussions on the site's color scheme. It's been debated somewhat before but overall people have appreciated it.

This is NOT an opportunity to complain about banners or other means used to keep the site running. If you don't have any input on the look/feel of the site itself please don't post on this thread.

Default Re: Site Colors

My choice not listed so here goes.

I like it the way it is but can't say I would prefer it over the redesign without seeing the new. If you want to do any changes as long as it would not interfer with my surfing the site, Have At It.
    Hold Your Fire, Keep It Burning Bright.

Pink and Orange Dwarven Cleric of the 67th Season

One area that needs some help is the spell database. Max spell listed is still 65
    EQ
    Jornam
    75 Cleric

WoW
    Vostagg
    70 Warrior

Have always loved the look and colors of this Site, but seems you may have something in mind.. Do share Jarvis/nudge

prosia said in post #4 :
    Have always loved the look and colors of this Site, but seems you may have something in mind.. Do share Jarvis/nudge
    I have to agree with Prosia. I love the colors but what's on your mind?...

the site is very easy on the eyes. everything is easy to read.

don't fix what isn't broke? ;-P

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

Needless to say this site is due for upgrades I have talked about in the past but put off several times for different reasons.

This forum is due for an upgrade to bring it up to date with the new code system, this will require new templates as the old design templates are not compatible with the new system. This thought is what sparked the question in the poll. When time comes and we upgrade the timing is ripe for some tweakage or a direction in my own opinion. I still enjoy the colors that we have, I think they are very cleric-ish (purple club anyone?).

We will also be adding our long awaited EQ2 section and the frontend needs to be replaced for various reasons.

The spell system has long been a thorn in my side. It was a great addition back in the days but has proven horrid to keep updated since the code for it was never written to be modular, allowing for changes to caps like levels etc... Sounds a little like the original EQ doesn't it?

We've never been able to find a reliable and capable programmer that can maintain the spell database. Sepodati wrote a great system, but we can't lean on him to update it. Anyone with good ideas on this topic feel free to let me know.

I'm not out to change the core of this site, and I don't fix stuff that ain't broken *Poke Keyera*

Keep sharing your ideas with me though, as I do appreciate the feedback.

I know we've spoke of these changes for a very long time if you have a section you want me to work on especially in the EQ2 section let me know. /hugs

how - a -bout diety options, a few to chose from so to speak, id like dark blacks and greys myself...
    Priest Coaidiel Ovhate
    75 Cleric of the Rathe