Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DPS While getting hit!

Default DPS While getting hit!

Went to GE to take down Myral... He has a hammer that I want, just didn't have it 'on' him at the time.

I had 1600AC and 7.5K hp's for this fight. My atk is about 1250 (with Howl of the Preditor and Yaulp going) but of course, most of the damage is done by procs, reverse procs, DS and reverse DS...

Did the usual lvl 71 cleric solo things...

I had Ward of Vengeance going as well as the new Vow of Valor. Used DS Potion (35 DS Skinspikes) and have +9 DS with worn items. Pulled Myral with Mark of the Blameless (45 Reverse DS) and slapped Mark of the Righteous on right after (34 Reverse DS). Clickied my pet pants and waded in with my hammer.

Now, Myral hits quite fast, but hits small (around 150 dps dispite his fast attack speed). So the DS and Reverse DS going on him does ALOT of damage. 123 DS all combined, per hit. Ward of Vengeance also procs alot on this guy 'cause he hits so fast. Vow of Valor was also going off at it's usual rate of just over 5 times a minute for 800 dmg each.

Now of course with the VoV recourse going, I didn't have to heal at all.

Myral is reported to have around 80,000 hp's and regens at a stagering rate of 600/tick or so (all unconfirmed and based off posts at alakhazam). I was expecting a long fight.

Now that's the setup, on to the DPS info...

I parsed my logfile with Yalp. Duration of Myral Fight: 6 mins 31 seconds. MY dps (includes procs, DS, Reverse DS and Wards): 283! My pet added another 9 or so DPS.

HOLY CRAP!!! But I guess that's what happens when you fight a mob that hits fast and flurries all the time!

Anyway, I LOVE the combination of spells that alow us to solo stuff. Well stuff that doesn't hit like a MAC TRUCK anyway .

Just wanted to share this as I thought it was incredible. And lots of fun to boot!
    Last edited by Nizrenan; 10-05-2006 at 01:10 PM.

Cleric of "Grave Wisdom" - The Rathe

Default Re: DPS While getting hit!

Our solo dps is actually rather respectable with everything thrown into the mix! Dodge cap boosts and Shield Block do lessen DS dps and mark dps, by quite a chunk alas, but despite loving the ds dps back then, the survivability boost is surely one I am happy with, dps is nought if you're dead

For your gear progression Nizre, that's impressive and if you're going out specifically to boost your ds dps further, here's one suggestion to make it get even higher!

Ro's Breath adds + 25 slot 1 ds, vendor purchaseable for ~900pp but has 8 charges, the potion is lore. Nifty potion I love for those big kills, it really helps and I could see you benefitting from it. Sold in Thurgadin in the Thurgadin Exchange building

I like to consider myself at the epitomy of cleric soloing because through my raid gear, I specifically looked for the mods/stats that would benefit me the most in group solo and raiding (really am surprised that's even possible), and the primary solo dps mod more than anything else is worn DS, capping it at 30 provides some really noticeable boosts although granted, all is subject to the mob in question also, avatar and boom sticks are wonderful wonderful things, I believe there is an attuneable time lapse hammer from DoDH somewhere which would be pwn for it, and me I just love avatar.

On the solo thread on .org I try to keep a record of the ones I do, with the dps I dole out and I think I'd get anything from mid 300s to mid 400s over long fights (which for sustained dps, is great), I think this is my personal best that said:

This was with Vow of Valor 3, Ward of Reprisal 3, MotMartyr 3, max DS as possible solo and full TSS crit aa's against a good old friend, Derakor, on beta to see my max potential. NB- this was before Shield Block and the dodge cap raises, so it is likely now ~10-15% lower than that which is a pity, but still great.

In this fight, only 10 spells got cast and not one heal, was able to manage with just VoVrecourse3, 8 yaulps, 1 Greater Avatar and 1 Ward refresh. I probably could have nudged it with a nuke here and there, but wanted to do this the efficient way I always do

Magic is Vow of Valor, Crit Blasts are ward crits, hammer crits, lure crits and Vow crits (for some reason it merges them all, need to make separate spell crit checks). But as it was before the evasion boosts, DS and RDS dps were king in the end, it does vary per mob level accuracy hit speed and flurries, but for the majority it always has been king, as long as it is high enough!

(I hope this doesn't come out as a rain on your parade, just wanted to show my personal best, I can't even achieve that chain nuking lol at least, not sustained for that long, but the day solo mana efficient sustainable dps out did raw burn nuke dps let alone sustained... my jaw hit the ground. That's telling you alot, about the state of our nukes atm)

Which is why I am getting angsty with how the rune system is for Tier 3s- Heal Heal Heal Nuke Heal. Wtb Ward 3 and Volvo 3
    Last edited by Lluianae; 10-05-2006 at 03:09 PM.

Wow Lluianae, that's not raining on my parade, it's something to look forward for!

Breath of Ro: 25 DS potion...
    Isn't Distillate of Skinspikes VI better? It has 35 DS. Is player made, and all the regents can be vendor-bought, so there's always plenty of them in the /baz if I don't get some shaman friends to put em together for me (got like 2 stacks on me at least atm I think...)

Question for you about Yalp. How did you get it to seperate what all the non-melee dmg was? Mine shows the main proc on my weapon, but all the others are jumbled together. That'd be really handy to be able to diferentiate between all the specific damage types being done. I'd like to know exactly what the standard DPS is for say... Vow of Valor.

I'm itching for at least rank 2 of VoV, and I'm gunning for lvl 72 so I can use the next ward (again, at least rank 2).

Quick question... Mark of the Martyr looks like an upgrade to Mark of the Blameless. So I'm assuming they do not stack. MotM has to be used with Mark of the Righteous to get both going still right?

Did a search for all weapons (cleric useable) from DoDH that proc'd Time Laps... both of which are nodrop. I like to stick with the 'cleric only' weapons as they tend to have a proc rate modifier that more than makes it higher dps overall, than most of the higher procs. Like, for example, my Furious Hammer of Zek. While it only procs for 75-150, it has a proc modifier of 630%, which I believe makes up for the lower damage per proc... Now that's just assuming from the simple math that leads you to think it'll proc 12-13 times per minute on average than the normal 2/minute. I know procs are modified by dex, but I don't know by how much, but that shouldn't become a factor in comparing them anyway, as it'll up the procs by the same ratio. The weapon I'm drooling over at the moment is Daybreak, Bringer of Light But I think it'll be quite a while before I can get to that one...

Nizrenan said in post #3 :
    [B]Wow Lluianae, that's not raining on my parade, it's something to look forward for!

Breath of Ro: 25 DS potion...
    Isn't Distillate of Skinspikes VI better? It has 35 DS. Is player made, and all the regents can be vendor-bought, so there's always plenty of them in the /baz if I don't get some shaman friends to put em together for me (got like 2 stacks on me at least atm I think...)
    Here's the great thing they stack! So use them both together, for even more DS. Distillate X + Breath of Ro is 55+25, 80 in just 2 clicks already. With VI, that's 60, a nice number to add.

Nizrenan said:
    Question for you about Yalp. How did you get it to seperate what all the non-melee dmg was? Mine shows the main proc on my weapon, but all the others are jumbled together. That'd be really handy to be able to diferentiate between all the specific damage types being done. I'd like to know exactly what the standard DPS is for say... Vow of Valor."
    Let me boot up yalp when I get the chance and I'll tell ya I found out how to separate spells and you do this by setting checks for the spell emotes, and its been a really great thing for breaking down what gives what dps. I haven't added a check for Valor yet, but I will to see how its dps is when I solo!

Quick question... Mark of the Martyr looks like an upgrade to Mark of the Blameless. So I'm assuming they do not stack. MotM has to be used with Mark of the Righteous to get both going still right?
    Indeed, Martyr is the upgrade to Blameless and needs to be used in conjunction with MoTR still.

As to the debate of Boomsticks vs Proc hammers, I tested this extensively. In short duration fights, fights in general, even if you are casting alot, Spam hammer > Boom stick for proc dps output, however, in long fights where you get to melee alot, with crits, Boomstick is often > proc hammer of the same level progression as the boom proc (so Timelapse to HoHV proc, Lure of Ro to Daybreak), and Boomstick >>>>>>>>>> spam hammer in Greater Avatar by a large margin, its amazing how much it boosts the proc rate for the biggest net gain than if it were the spam hammer instead. This is for the normal average occurance, and not a rediculous string of RNG

But in general, stick to the leet spam hammers imo, having both is nice at least if you want the best coverage for all situations. The hammer I was mentioning was Wand of Dark Water, and the image shows it as droppable, but Alla's shows it as No Trade :/ really should just check EQitems next time, best item database of them all.
    Last edited by Lluianae; 10-05-2006 at 03:40 PM.

Here's the great thing Smile they stack! So use them both together, for even more DS. Distillate X + Breath of Ro is 55+25, 80 in just 2 clicks already. With VI, that's 60, a nice number to add.
    OMG!! I'm SO heading out to Thurg! TY!

Good to know about the procs... Again, I haven't tested any, so I was just going by the raw info that's available. And so I'll be keeping an eye out for the Wand of Dark Water then... I do like that dmg/delay/proc combination

It's Wand of Dark Waters and I can confirm it's tradeable.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=44732

Picked up a 'Ro's Breath' now so I'm gtg for that...

The Wand of Dark Waters I would buy from the Baz if it weren't so damned expensive!!! wow... I'm either gonn have to wait 'till I'm richer or get the thing the normal way

I did see, however, a 'Radiant Cut Citrine' for a decent price though (this whole thing got me on the lookout for em again)... so i'm a total of 15 worn DS now (up from 9). You say 30's the max? *rubs hands together in glee*

For now the cap is 30, although if what Zajeer said is true, they may go up again someday, which I'd be looking forward to with haste.

Wand of Dark Waters drops at the arena in Ruins of Illisalin. Rare drop off the named. If you see him wielding a weapon, he has the Wand. You can turn in the Wand to Archaeologist Flotwitt in the Bazaar to turn it into an Archaic Wand of Dark Waters which is tradeable. The non-Archaic version is No Trade. The difference? 50 less HP/Mana on the tradeable version. Look up Flotwitt and see what other gear he will take as well.......
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Capitalization is the difference between
    "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse"
    and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Sig courtesy of Hijinx Studios

I'm now the proud owner of a Divine Hammer of Consternation. Myral finally popped with the hammer. 4 Guildies and I took him down in about 3 minutes.

Now, as I understand it... Vow of Valor recourse will still keep the heals going while under DA if it procs before DA goes up (like any other HoT), which it should most times as it's got a 200% proc rate, while the DA procs at 100%. Ward of Retribution procs regardless of DA status. So... while DA is up, WoR is doing 100% of the dps, and I'm (hopefully) getting healed from a VoV recourse. And when not under DA, all Reverse DS, DS VoV procs and melee dps will be going full tilt.

I didn't get a chance to play with the hammer last night, but I believe it will alow me to take down bigger mobs that would normally out 'dps' the VoV recourse, at a cost to dps output and fight duration. (And things should really rock once I hit lvl 73 and can use PR as well!)

Anyone see any flaws in my thinking, or have any tips to watch for when trying this?
    Last edited by Nizrenan; 10-12-2006 at 11:59 AM.

I've done the DA + Ward tanking a couple times, but that was before TSS and usually only once things were going south and I needed to invuln in order to mem gate or to hopefully get the last couple % of the mobs hp before he got mine.

I haven't gotten around to trying it lately, since I've had other people hunting with me all the time, so the DA proc would only get everyone else killed.
    Kazpin Cleric [lvl: 75] [AA: 256] [GLAA: 29]
    Endiment Warrior [lvl: 75] [AA: 59]
    Kazn Enchanter [lvl: 59] [AA: 0]
    Shuugo Rogue [lvl: 75] [AA: 62] [Make Posion: 300 +12%]

Tried it the other night...

DA procs far too randomly for it to be dependable. The number of times it proced right when VoV recourse was fading was maddening! Much more reliable just to thow on a patch heal when needed than rely on DA procing and VoV filling you up. It did work like that a couple times though, which was nice... but again, it's all in how the procs time together, which is far too random.

I'll probably play around with it a bit more, like switching to the DA hammer right when VoV procs, and switch it back out after x ticks or DA procs, y'know, give it an 'optimal procing' window... But I honestly don't see that making too much difference. The major problem is, VoV recourse isn't on full time anymore, 'cause it can't proc while DA, which I didn't think would make that much difference.

If i wasnt so newb id post my parse I did in Frostcrypt

701 dps !!!! while tanking none the less

we really much more dps while tanking sadly (

Wow that's a lot of stuff... I'm just a little 61 froggy... Most of the time I duo with my wife (Barbie Shammy) I tank and she heals... Love the hammer of souls. Makes my wife jealous when I kiss it after a fight instead of her. So I gotta remember to kiss both.

Impressive Shib! I don't think they'd let us do that kind of dps without getting hit... No one would play another class

LoL Whoos... Cant forget the wife... ever
    Actually, I did a little heal chart for the shamans in my guild (not nearly as in depth as the one for clerics on this board) and they actually have the MOST efficient Heal over Time's in the game, as far as HP's heald per Mana spent go...