View Poll Results: My views on OOC and being a cleric are..

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it!!!

27 87.10%
  • I hate it!!

3 9.68%
  • I liked sitting on my ass!! (believes mass consequiences is in par with time spent medding)

0 0%
  • I'm really not sure!! I'll add my own views..

1 3.23%

Thread: New OOC and Clerics

Default New OOC and Clerics

Whats your thoughts on this OOC thing and how it reflects your playstle as a cleric...main reason for topic is because of the mass EQlive forum topics sprouting against OOC...clerics as usual came into all of the topics as in lew of abuse, and dumbing down etc..
    Priest Coaidiel Ovhate
    75 Cleric of the Rathe

Default Re: New OOC and Clerics

i like it.

altho mana hasen't been an issue to me in a long time. i never sat when in an exp group, so that hasn't changed. what has changed for me is recovery time. someone dies and they are able to get back into action alot faster. i wouldn't mind if they upped the timer a bit to help reduce abuse.

the big change for me however has been solo. i tend to quest alot and solo alot. so now i can do it better. to me this is a good thing. i pay to play, not to have downtime.

over all a nice change, just needs a little tuning.

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

I'm a no sitting mofo myself, My yaulp icon wore off long ago, and really in truth I have seen no difference for me in most groups i do.. But for those huge bad pulls that cause eveyone to wipe, its nice to rez up, mana up in LESSER time then rebuff, and mana up again in LESSER time.. people are calling it in balanced due to the nature of trivial content, sure a cleric can sit and med OOC during a fight/content..where it takes a 20k tank to get to need to be healed basis... But in current equivelent to gear content..the OOC imo has no advantage except in wipes, and in med breaks..

I contest those that call this a bad thing on cleric's parts because Now we could use more then just usual few heal slots, and not cause us to be disgruntled against for having slow regen time..
    Priest Coaidiel Ovhate
    75 Cleric of the Rathe

I've come to enjoy the OOC regen, even though most of the time I am a sit-on-my-ass cleric, It enables clerics with a smaller mana pool (mine is only 7.1k buffed) to do harder content or to go for longer stints without having to call for a med break (nearly never now). The same thing on my Shaman, I'm not having to use Canni as often if he's acting as MH for a group.

Tam's Stuff
    Lv 79 Cleric - Veeshan's Fury

New regen rocks... to me it's like we get to do more of what we log on to do in EQ and less sitting around.

On a hetic pull I don't have to sit for 10 mins to be ready to go again.

If I or someone else dies they are back in the action much faster, which is especially nice when it's a class you have to have to continue pulling.

Although I'm not much of a solo'er... it does go more quickly. A lot of times when I would try it would look more like sitting around than anything else, since the regen change it's definitly less downtime and more playing.

I'm not against tweaking the regen to stop the people that are abusing it, but overall I love it. No matter what they put in the game there are going to be a few that find a way to abuse it.

Allows for more mana intensive fights and pulls, definately alot more interesting. When I solo can actually nuke more and such.

I hate it cause when you always stuck in combat i find my mana regen is way below par. Tho my mana pool is 12.7k unbuffed but when im one grping CoA and we been kill for over an hour and siting and waiting for the 5 minute cool down get to be pain in the butt when you have to do it after/before every Mini pull

My theory is that this was implemented to speed the recovery when creating crystals with the expendable AAs. They are 3k or 3.5k mana a pop. However, I have a small mana pool thus far so this helps me recover.

Taeanu
    ~ Sunaeri
    ~ Kenusten
    ~ EQ Interface Author