Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPG Trial of Endurance

Default MPG Trial of Endurance

Hello,

Endurance trial is a pain. In time we will win as everyone who continues to try will eventually succeed but I want to make sure I am not screwing up or missing something. The healing strat we use seems to work well for our abilities but the position might have issue. Our boss tank’s clerics get smacked around first from that discordling on crack.

How many clerics did you have in raid? How many per boss tank? Where did you tank the two bosses? Where did you place the clerics? Did you use a rotation and if so how many clerics did you use? Did you compact the raid or spread them out? Is the pathing onto the center platform usable?

Thank you in advance,

Spen

Default Re: MPG Trial of Endurance

You can put your clerics along the ramp that leads to the platform, you'll find a nice corner there. The number of clerics you need depends on your tanks really.

You should have the raid between adds and healers in the corner, with people to aoe taunt (targetting migh be a pain). Mezz the mezzables, kill others.

It's been a while since I've done this, but if you've got a beefy enough tank, he can tank both dragorn named with 1 CCH of 6 - 7 clerics keeping him alive. Clerics would stand just below the platform, as the warrior would tank both named in the center of the platform.

Basically anybody who can get agro, rangers, sks, paladins will have to keep the adds off healers should some get past the rooters/mezzers and attack the clerics.

Tried it again last night after Yar. Still having issues with the adds. The AE snare seems to be a big issue for our off tanks. We stuck the clerics in the corner but did not position the off tanks close enough to the chealers. I believe a couple of the mobs warped or just flew around all our defenders. Not sure how the melee are positioned but I believe they are stationed around the spawn points, mez points, root points.

I think we are going to go with a tighter area next time. Stick the two boss tanks up on the stage with the clerics and off tanks on the ramp side. Make them stand right on top of us so they don’t have to move and chase the adds. Healing seems to be fine; we use two clerics and a druid per boss. But every time the adds take a key cleric out at some point.

I’m surprised more have not posted strats on this trial like the other MPG posts I have seen. Seems many are in Anguish and must remember this hit. Its by far the hardest and last trial we need.

We just made it past this beast last night! Did this and Simon Says in one evening! The guild is now COA flagged, albiet we are running Adaption and Specialization again tonight for those missing them (like me).

Why don't you see a lot of strats for these two trials? The same reason you don't see a lot of strats for the final fights that beat an expansion, and especially ones that advance you in progression. Most folks think you should figure these out on your own.
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Capitalization is the difference between
    "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse"
    and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Sig courtesy of Hijinx Studios

The same reason you don't see a lot of strats for the final fights that beat an expansion, and especially ones that advance you in progression. Most folks think you should figure these out on your own.
    That is the standard answer for elitists but I don’t subscribe to this type of attitude. Nor have I seen much of it from posters on the cleric boards. Gratz on your win and any information others might want to suggest is appreciated.

It may be elitist but in reality it isn't. Often enough someone asks for strats before they have tried the event. It doesn't require a high progression level to realize what's wrong with that scenario.

But, the key reason I've seen not a ton of information is there are so many ways to do a lot of these events. I've seen the entire raid at teh entrance; I've seen the entire raid on the platform and the named down below; I've seen folks who have the raid split into 3 sections (like Time phase 1 was).

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

heh

bigest reason i don't post what we did is i want to pass it out of memory! ;-P

nahh, reason is i blur them all together and forgot the details. a funny thing tho is how you mentioned this one was the hardest. to us they were all not too bad, EXCEPT simon says one. the rest we farmed for weeks before we beat it. i do know we didn't do a CCH on any of them.

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

For Specialization, Alteration and Endurance, we did use chains.

For Hatred, Corruption, Foresight (Simon says), we did not.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member

I wasn't trying to be elitist, I was just pointing out why you are not seeing a lot of strats. We looked and didn't find much either. It took us a while to figure out where to place people, which really seems to be key to this trial, and to train people to never touch a mezzed mob. The instructions were: "Even if it wipes the raid, never touch a mezzed mob!" People learned that valuable lesson after a couple of wipes, and with the positioning we figured out, gave us the win.
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Capitalization is the difference between
    "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse"
    and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Sig courtesy of Hijinx Studios

No disrespect intended good clerics. We have attempted this trial 6 times in two months. We had 7 to 8 clerics on all of them, plenty of DPS, 8 paladin/SK to tank off mobs. We have tried the spread out approach, duel cch (which work out very well I might add. Was rather neat seeing two cch chains, one in ooc the other in auction for 15 minutes), and center stage last night.

I do think we will work on the melee a little. I’m kinda hung up on the AE snare though. I just thought maybe I was missing something right before my eyes. Each guild, members, style is different I guess, I just wanted to make sure. Funny thing is we farm all the others and have for months. This one…pains me!

Our guild members natural movements or split second decisions lends to certain encounters. The Simon Says is a pure joy to everyone. We lose maybe one person per raid. I saw a cartoon, Penny Arcade I believe, once that said, “ A general goes to battle with the army he commands?. We shall stay the path and victory will soon be ours.

I swear those are hit and miss. Having all the ball tanks with fast aggro, making sure your healers are not standing in bad spots, make sure your tanks and enchanters and DPS know which mobs are mezzable and which aren't - and space them accordingly.

We also used duel chains and liked it ourselves on this.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member

Well, we passed this sucker Saturday night. It was not easy nor will it be easy when we do it again. We had three excellent enchanters with us, and we focused on keeping the mezzable mob alive. This significantly reduced the number of other adds. We ended up using our highest mana/hp/AC clerics in dual rotations. Boy, 20 minutes is a long time…

The group decided to use the platform as the “spot? for everything. Nine clerics, three on each main tank, three in other groups. All the tanks made a wall around us right smack in the middle of the platform. I was attacked every spawn but we managed to hold the line.

The RL was surprised how easy it seemed. He was not in the heal channel …this trial is the suck. So many things have to go right for a win. Even with a good idea of what works, it takes all cylinders firing for 20 minutes nonetheless, and a little luck.

Some of us made a little Anguish aug run after raid. Neat place, easy mini mobs. Took pictures and wrote on the walls. “CN was here?.

Thanks for the help,

Spen

Plenty of good info here, and after attempting this trial once for the first time Sunday, I have to say I really enjoy figuring out, learning, and raiding these MPG trials.

I know this is an old thread but...

We tried this one several times, then one night it went from a chaotic mess to very easy. We made two tank groups with two warriors, two clerics and a pally, plus either a bard or shaman. Everyone else on adds. We tanked the Ancients on the third and fourth platforms (ie. the ones where no adds spawn). Since we dont need any damage on them, it's okay for the tank to climb the wall with it. Pally is on protect the group from add duty and heal clerics.

Then we setup the entire raid between these two platforms with an MA on each side. Made a line of knights who's job it was to intercept adds. No chasing mobs outside the area, because the snare makes it too slow to get back. Let nukers finish off runners. Only two groups would go outside this area... the mezz team and the room team. You never want to kill a mezzable. You only want to kill a rootable if it gets to the raid. Those mobs that aren't killed aren't replaced. Once you have enough of them, you mostly stand around with the occassional pop.