Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Healing Efficiency Chart lvl 60-70

Default Healing Efficiency Chart

Heya all...

I put this together for some people in my guild, and I figured I'd share it here too. Most of you will know all this, but someone may get some use out of it.

I made a chart that list the heals from lvl 60 to 70. This was done as a reference to show how best to conserve mana when different situations come up. Also, to see which spells to pull out if you find a CH spam falling behind etc.

[UPDATE]

There's been a bunch of changes...

The chart now takes the spells from 1 all the way up to 75 and includes all the foci I could find to date. AA's and even Specialization Alteration are calulated with the foci into the chart to give you your personal healing efficiency numbers. Which all together can make a huge difference!

Version 7 is now out and makes use of Specialization Alteration skill, with modifiers (thanks Lluianae). And Promised Renewal's manacost is effected now by only that.

Here's a screen of the chart

Enjoy

Yes, I have waaay too much free time at work!
    Last edited by Nizrenan; 09-29-2006 at 03:32 PM.

Cleric of "Grave Wisdom" - The Rathe

Default Re: Healing Efficiency Chart lvl 60-70

Very Nice Chart.

I downloaded it and will look at it when the kids are down for a nap.

Keep up the "WAY too much free time"

Awesome! I'll be getting this info to the rest of the Cleric's in my guild. I also am looking forward to tweaking and playing with the focii to show exactly how efficient and useful Word of Redemption really is. A lot of people really have a hard time grasping the uses of this spell, and can't get past the initial numbers. They're so used to CH not being affected by aa's, focus effects, and spell haste that they ass/u/me it's the same for WoR. Wrongedy, wrong, wrong, wrong!

Thanks!
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Capitalization is the difference between
    "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse"
    and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Sig courtesy of Hijinx Studios

Spell haste is totally wonky. I know for a fact that WoR is a 7.8 second cast for me with a 25% spell haste focus effect (belt), and my 10% spell haste from Blessing of Devotion. Adjusting the numbers to 100% spell haste doesn't even drop the cast time on WoR below 11 seconds. Take a look at the formula for that one please. I'd also take a look at the mana preservation one as well. That also seems rather off.
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Ya, formula's are off. Your math is correct, however excel takes cell formatting into consideration inside formulas, and you have the Foci formatted to a % already. So excel turns 10% into .1 before calculating the formula.

ie: change (D31/100+1) into just (D31+1) in the HP healed cells, and cast time from ((100-D32)/100) to (1-D32) etc.

edit: just reallized that it seems to work for Niz just fine, so could be different versions of excel handle it differently, so the best solution would be to just change the cell formatting in the Foci box to Number instead of Percentage.
    Last edited by Kazpin; 08-16-2006 at 02:10 AM.
    Kazpin Cleric [lvl: 75] [AA: 256] [GLAA: 29]
    Endiment Warrior [lvl: 75] [AA: 59]
    Kazn Enchanter [lvl: 59] [AA: 0]
    Shuugo Rogue [lvl: 75] [AA: 62] [Make Posion: 300 +12%]

Just a suggestion. There are still foci around that are getting lower in percentage when you cast a higher level spell. For example I use Time BP (Improved Healing 30% for lvl 67).

That means for lvl 68 it is 27%, lvl 69 it is 24% and lvl 70 it is 21%.
    So it is still better than Improved Healing5 (which is 20% all over), but calculates different for heals 67+.
    Last edited by Yinadriel; 08-16-2006 at 05:28 AM.
    Old Continent / Druzzil Ro (Xev)

Ah, thought I had gotten all those extra 100's when i changed the foci to %'s... i'll get it fixed and replace the file tomorrow...

Glad it's being used though... super

And the foci %'s have to be tallied manually. It'd get way to confusing if I had you list your epquipment and max lvl for the foci etc... Just remember, as Yinadriel said, loosing 10% per lvl, means 10% of the foci, not 10% overall... so something has 10 lvl's before it becomes totally useless.

[EDIT]Actually, let me think about the max lvl of foci a bit... There should be a way i can get you to list max lvl on different foci and have the chart plot it out correctly... After all, the lvls of the spells are listed, so it can be done... I just gotta think of the simplest way to do it.
    Last edited by Nizrenan; 08-17-2006 at 10:32 AM.

Ok, from what I can see, it is now functioning correctly. I had originally posted a broken one, and quicky fixed it... I thought you guys were still having problems with the 'fixed' one. Should be fine now. I put 35% haste and WoR is 7.8 for me.

All of the foci calculations were off in the original file... I had the foci as numbers originally and figured they'd look better as %'s... so I changed the formatting to show %'s... not realizing it would modify the numbers to read .25 instead of 25. When I realized my error, I changed all the formuli to drop the /100 on all foci calculations, so it would then calculate based on the new number format.

I'm glad this is so usefull... I know it opened my eyes a bit
    Last edited by Nizrenan; 08-17-2006 at 10:25 AM.

Word of Redemption still showing 11.958 second cast time with 35% spell haste. I redownloaded the file and it is still not showing correct numbers.

I reformatted the cells where you input in your aa and focii percentages to be numbers instead of percentages and it fixed the problem.

EDIT:
    One thing you need to look at is group healing focus. For instance Discordant Healing specifically excludes direct group healing, which is why I bid and won a High Priest Riwirn's Rejuvenating Pebble which is a 40% direct group heal only focus effect. Not sure if you want to add in some extra cells and formulas to address this, or just let the direct group heals be off a bit.
    Last edited by Pomaikai; 08-17-2006 at 11:24 AM.
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

This is really a great tool - thank you for it!

If this sheet is for decisionmaking in which situation I could cast which heal I would recommend another "info-cell" per heal stating the RANGE a heal has. I often use the 200 range casts when I am not sure how far away the toon is just to be on the safe side.

You could add the range modifiers in the second sheet.

just my 2c

Ok, I've added a place and calculations to put in max lvls for your various foci.

These calculations will work for foci that are within and including 10 lvls below the spell being cast. If it's more than that, it'll have a reverse effect, so just don't do it Any foci with a max lvl between 60-70 is safe here, you risk corruption of data if you include foci max's below 60 (starting with the lvl 70 spells and on down).

Click here to get it (the link and screenshot in the first post has been updated as well)
    you may need to clear your browser's cache if you've downloaded it before

Pom, did you clear the cache for your browser? you may have somehow still been getting the old file... I downloaded it from the link on this page and it IS fixed... I put spell haste at 35% and it shows a cast time of 7.8... And I wasn't even aware that there were diferent foci for group heals vs single target heals... I'd like to add them, but I may risk making the whole thing a bit too complicated.

The range modifier would be kind of neat, but I'm not sure if I want to make it any wider than it is... too wide and you can't view the whole thing at once.

Nice chart, good reference to use when trying to explain to 12k clerics why they are going oom long before 9k ones in raids lol...
    Priest Coaidiel Ovhate
    75 Cleric of the Rathe

Yeah, group heals and HoT's are handled differently by different focus effects. It's always good to go read the full focus effect descriptions and learn their limitations. It will greatly affect whether you purchase/bid for an item, or just let it pass, even if it does look all new and shiney...
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Ok, I had another bit of time at work with nothing better to do with my time...

I've seperated the foci area for Direct Heals into 'Single Target' and 'group' heals.

I've also added an 'improved healing' modifier for HoT's. I can't remember (nor have I been able to confirm) the existance of aa's or foci that increase the amount healed by HoT's per tick. I know they can be extended in duration, which will make them more efficient, and that's all that was calculated in the original sheet. If these foci/aa's differentiate between group and single target let me know, and I'll seperate them as well, But at this point, I don't even know if it exists... I just put it there in case it does.

Again, Click here to get it (the link and screenshot in the first post has been updated as well, may need to refresh to see it)
    you may need to clear your browser's cache if you've downloaded it before

Any other suggestions welcome, my only real concern is to keep the whole thing as simple as possible so it's not too confusing for those not tech/math-savy, but get the crucial info out there.
    Last edited by Nizrenan; 08-25-2006 at 01:49 PM.

Is Pious Remedy and Supernal Remedy's recast times correct? I thought they were longer recasts than the others.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server