Thread: 1.5 Shredded Quarter

Default 1.5 Shredded Quarter

I'm having trouble getting this piece. We crawled around the south end of Ferubi (warrior, monk, ranger, ranger, cleric-me, all of us 70) for many hours and saw 3 torn quarters drop but no shredded. Would those of you who know where your shredded quarters drop please post and say about where it dropped, if you can remember? I need some confirmation of where to crawl around looking for it; it's the last piece I need.

Thanks!
    Binkin Anklebane, Exemplar of Bristlebane
    click epic + CH + Virt = less mana than keeping you alive

Default Re: 1.5 Shredded Quarter

Did you read the Triton walkthru with the maps showing where in the zone the different map pieces drop?
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Capitalization is the difference between
    "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse"
    and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Sig courtesy of Hijinx Studios

Shredded is Rare and drops somewhat near Smith Rondo Area, Use the follow link to guide you through the Epic. http://www.tritonclerics.us/epicquest.php

It can fall from mobs right outside the pink-circled room. I had mine drop from a hall roamer. This is the hardest part because that room is very hard to hold for a single group.

GL

Both the shredded and torn are pretty darned rare. I was able to get ripped and tattered off the junk at the zone line within 30 minutes the first time I went to Ferubi ....

Trip to south Ferubi #1: We wiped hard before we actually got to south half trying to get past the "barrier" room between north and south.

Trip #2: I had a freaking-godly-group. I had the fewest AA with over 400. The -monk- had 12k hp. We slaughtered for an hour or more and got the Torn right from where Triton said, in the SE corner just before the big room. (I mean we killed the mob in the doorway effectively) We had a shredded drop in the SW quarter, south of the Smith Rondo area, closest to the SW most room. But adds ate the entire party and I couldn't recover my corpse / loot the drop. It rotted.

NOTE: Allak says "shredded from X or Y, torn from W or Z" and it's dead on. I've never seen or heard of another mob dropping them. aneuk darkarchon = drop x 3 for torn

Trip #3: A very nice group+ (8 toons including the boxes) we again went down to the SW for shredded. We got a darkarchon to drop Torn outside Smith Rondo area (NOT where the Triton map shows as the only area for Torn) and got lucky enough to get a guildmate down in time to loot it. Wiped a little later. Adds here suck.

Trip #4: Guild raided Ferubi. 30 people stomped the zone and headed SE. Multiple (2) shredded drops. And one Torn drop, all three outside the big room in the far SW. Raid wiped on trying the named in that room.

Trip #5: Guild raided Ferubi the next night (pay-back attempt on the named) A shredded dropped before we wiped again. (People will eventually learn to /assist the MA only and not just off-tank adds. Yes, you're a freaking butch ranger. No, breaking mezzes and getting the enchanters and bards killed isn't cool.)

Summary: I've seen ripped and tattered in quantities to choke multiple horses all over the zone. I've only seen shredded and torn in the south half. I've seen Torn and Shredded both SW and SE. The best Torn droppers are darkarchons. Shredded seem to be more common off the weavers than other possible droppers. They seem -most- often to drop off mobs right around the doors to the big rooms in the south. I've never seen a drop from a mob deep in any of those rooms. And pulling deep from any of those rooms with single group is very hard. (Guys who I've seen solo 2 mobs in RSS I've seen the next day get creamed pulling from the Smith Rondo area.)
    Itek's Magelo

Itek's Blog (Read it please.)

But check the Vet Rewards, I've been playing a LONG time.

I got mine off of the goat that spawns in Zun's room there all the way in the bottom right corner of the map.

I did this a few days ago.. all 4 pieces. First trip, went to the square room in the center of the map. I had my shredded and torn drop before we even got to the square room, aka, they aren't specific to the map posted by Triton. If the pieces were specific to areas before, they definitely aren't now.

I ended up getting the tattered in the square room from pulling from the south area, which is marked as shredded on that map. Gave up after 3 drops and 4 hrs of killing.

Went back next day, camped the ZI from Barindu with my trio. I only had ripped left to get, so I was fairly confident wouldn't take too long.

I saw not only the shredded and tattered drop there, but the torn as well. I think I had 6 various pieces rot before I ended up getting the ripped to drop, a supposed common.

Not sure if that helps, but I can definitely confirm that they can drop anywhere in the zone. They may drop more common in the marked areas from the Triton map, but I can attest that only one, the ripped, came from the actual marked areas. The rest all came from other areas on the map.

Ripped - ZI from Barindu
    Shredded - Trash along the way moving to center square room from Barindu
    Torn - Trash along the way moving to center square room from Barindu
    Tattered - From mobs pulled from the area South of the center square room

So only one drop of mine actually matched the map, I don't suggest following it. Like I said, I could have gotten all 4 pieces at the ZI from Barindu if I hadn't farmed 3 of them the night before. Figures I had a common one as my last piece.
    Later,
    Selinya

as posted prior: mostly found near Smith Rondo event (much deeper in the zone than ripped, torn etc), all seem random drop with some more rare than others.

dont think the actual map locs are wrong, just another person's experience and where theirs dropped.

thats my experience, yours may vary.

guildee and i did ours at the same time and this piece dropped off consecutive trash mobs near Smith Rondo event area.

kC

i know its not much help and im reasonably positive there is no specific location for any of them but given the odds, by the time you have plowed to Smith Rondo, you prolly have it.

Thanks all. I got my shredded quarter this afternoon; it dropped from a mob we pulled from Smith Rondo's room. Along the way we saw multiple torn quarters drop, between the square room at the center top of the blue circle on the Tritonclerics map and the Smith Rondo room. We had a mage in the group working on BiC who wanted to do a turn in so we headed that way first.

Did the turn ins and I'm psyched -- now to put together the LFay raid! (And while I wait for that to come together, I can work on getting the brains in Ssra and Akheva.)

The walkthrough says you CANNOT get the dragon cerebrum from Scout Pirri in WW before you do the turn in to Scout Plavo after the LFay fight. Is that absolutely the case? Reason I'm asking is one of the clerics in my guild requested both the LFay and WL raids for one night and I didn't think that was possible if you couldn't get the dragon cerebrum before LFay.
    Binkin Anklebane, Exemplar of Bristlebane
    click epic + CH + Virt = less mana than keeping you alive

That is absolutely the case. You can collect the other two brains while you wait on completing the Lfay event, but you must have a drop from the Lfay event to trigger Scout Pirri in WW's.
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Capitalization is the difference between
    "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse"
    and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Sig courtesy of Hijinx Studios

if u have a cleric with alrdy the 1.5 hail the mob and u can loot the brain from WW =)

my experience :

got the shattered off 1st kill past big center room while heading se...didnt notice name (i know that helps none)

then cleaned se room 3 times to get a torn off a bone retriever.

other 2 pieces common

group was a monster 75 ranger as tank, me 73clr, 66enc, 71monk, 70mag,71bst

enc died twice...1 close call to wipe due to an ld..but mostly was sittin in room waitin on pops

took 2 hrs or so..im happy

Had a run through Ferubi tonight for the Mage 1.5 and managed to get 3 of the 4 pieces very quickly. Wasn't even planning on it, but figured I'd let everyone in the raid know. Ended up with all but the ripped piece, so it should be very quick to get that last one.

Just FYI, I got the two rare pieces VERY close to each other in the same area the Triton map shows for the common drops. It was close by the area marked in blue (close to Rav Hunter spawn point).
    Earthguard Wolvestooth Morguefriend (75 Huntmaster)
    http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1320947

Curate Nituyene Morguefriend (73 Prelate)
    http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1320964