Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rant

skull1 rant

ok,i know im a newbie and this is my first real character, but tell me if this has happened to anyone

else before. the other day i was with a group in the overthere and healing as usual. i happened to be

full of mana, (for once, lol) and looted a few corpses. one of the members of our group biatched at me

to share the loot. as if i loot all the time, usually im medding so i can save their sorry tushes. i mean if i

cant loot when im full, which isnt very often how the heck am i supposed to make any platinum? i was

rather upset let me tell ya. any advice on how to deal with this?thanks all

Default Re: rant

Well, assuming that you didn't loot anything rare/important or oddly overvalued (high end gems) and had split on, then I'd do this.

1) Apologize profusely. Let them know that you feel that you were wrong for not medding as expected.
    2) Show them how you have learned your lesson by chosing to continue to meditate rather than heal. Refuse to rez them, as this would not be an efficent use of your mana, and let them run back.

But I'm evil. So your mileage may vary.

Just tell them to screw off find another cleric..

clrs are pretty much screwed in the loot aspect at low lvls because it pretty much is med 90% of the time. But dont take no BS from no body, If ya felt like ya wasnt being a loot hog, then ya most likly was not..
    Priest Coaidiel Ovhate
    75 Cleric of the Rathe

The way I see it, if it's laying on the ground for more than a minute or two during down time, it's up for grabs. Feel free to loot if you feel things are going to rot. If anyone else wanted anything they'd have looted by then. If I'm short on plat and I need to loot stuff, I generally ask who wants loots, and then take turns looting with others that need. If no one else needs, believe me, I act like the uber lewt whore!

Looting during combat is genrally frowned upon as people should be concentrating on the mob(s) that the group is taking down. Unless of course the group is chain pulling and there is no down time

If someone in the group is being a whiney biotch about lewtz... ask the group who all wants to loot and then those that do can start taking turns or something. It's not a big deal and no one should be flipping out if someone loots a few dead mobs, especially in the Overthere!

Any magic items nodrop or popular tradeskill stuff should be linked to the group to see if anyone needs. Then rolled on if several people want it. Again, asking before hand if anyone needs loot or specific items will help any confustion that may arise.

Hope this helps

Cleric of "Grave Wisdom" - The Rathe

thanks for the input, i disbanded from the group shortly afterwards but it still upset me. i looted three

bodies for gods sake worth a total of 16pp and the one person acted like i was looting the whole place,

for god's sake. just gonna make sure i dont group with her again. thanks for the input again

Screw em! When I was growing up I got bloody sick and damned tired of the melee's looting constantly while I was medding so we could keep the pulls up. Back then I had to pay for my own peridots and emeralds, so it just didn't sit well with me. I learned a couple of tricks to help me out.

1) Make sure that you are the ML. Usually you are just sitting on your arse anyways, and can make sure you have plenty of empty bag slots. Do it fairly and split at the end of the group. When doing this in days gone by, I always made sure to reimburse myself for any peridots and emeralds that I used. Nowadays it doesn't really matter to me, but I'd still make sure that I reimbursed myself for gems used. Also make sure you check with the other casters in the group. Many still have to use gems for spells. Make sure that you reimburse them for the gems they used.

Now split with the entire group. People tend to be amazed at how much plat they actually get this way. A couple of things to also do... If you do not roll on rare tradeskill items, then go to the Bazaar and sell them to players in barter mode. That really ups the ante on how much plat there is to split. You tend to get a good reputation by doing this if you do it fairly. Also remember to have split off when looting in this scenario.

2) Just don't med all the time. Slow down the group and make sure you are covered. This is not a charity event for classes that do not need to med a lot, or at all.

3) Set up a loot rotation. Totally random as to how well you will come out in this method. Set the rotation by alpha, reverse alpha, or /ran. When it is your turn you get to loot. If it is crap, you get crap. If it is great loot, you get great loot. All magic items like weapons, armour, and jewelry are of course /randomed with the group.

Above all, take care of yourself because in this game you can always be sure that can't count on anyone else to do so...
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Capitalization is the difference between
    "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse"
    and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Sig courtesy of Hijinx Studios

well then I must be a real jerk...when I am in a grp I make it a point to loot...I tell the rest of the pple in the grp I am going to loot..I loot while mobs are dieing if there is time between heals and then i do a split afterwords something like this...
    /g thank you for the grp had alot of fun. I am going to gate to PoK now and sell if you would like part of the split please let me know and meet me there.

people either show up or disband and log I do not put up with people that tell me clrs should not loot because of healing I useually just tell them to leave if they dont likeit...then again I do have a pretty normal grp of friends and rearly do the pickup grp anymore
    Wegador gladly sacrificed himself to serve the beautiful:
    Florince

I hate Pick Up Groups. If I get a /split after someone ML's for a mission I'm overjoyed.

I have to agree with Pomaikai, there's several ways to try to handle it. They boil down to:

a) accept you won't be getting much loot

b) ML yourself and be PEDANTIC about getting everyone their fair /split (I used to do this on my enchanter, but with Itek it's such a pain, plus that was before missions where I could use the last 30 min of my play time to run from BoT to Tranquility vendors and back to give the split)

c) establish ahead of time a "loot rules" for the group as you join it (the old D+D standard "first meeting / adventure" thingy)

d) make sure it's free-for-all on loot and actively try to get your share (risky if stuff that sells for 20k like Metallic Drake Scales is possible)

... generally in PUG I accept that I won't get much loot ...

... which, yes, adds to how much PUG suck.
    Itek's Magelo

Itek's Blog (Read it please.)

But check the Vet Rewards, I've been playing a LONG time.

Woot!

Pomaikai said in post #6 :

3) Set up a loot rotation. Totally random as to how well you will come out in this method. Set the rotation by alpha, reverse alpha
    Gotta give props for the alpha loot rotation mention. Haven't heard/used that one in quite some time!

EQ
    Jornam
    75 Cleric

WoW
    Vostagg
    70 Warrior

3pp or iron-item ftw!
    --------------------

DWARF!!

Wow there are some greedy people out there. I would also establish a need before greed on drops with a random roll. Right there is the reason I shy away from all forms of open groups))

Greed? No, it is a matter of self preservation. Most people who do not play a healer figure that if you don't run around and loot stuff as soon as the mob dies, you must not want/need it. They also expect the pulls to be constant and never stop. Up until your mana pool and FT reach a certain level, those two concepts are mutually exclusive. So as a Cleric you need to be active in making sure that the two balance out. Either you figure out a way to equitably split loot (which we have given examples of), or you slow down pulls so you can participate in the free-for-all. Pick-up groups are fine. I have enjoyed almost every single one I have been in. Very rarely do you end up grouping with a true asshat, and they are pretty easy to deal with, as in drop them from the group.
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Capitalization is the difference between
    "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse"
    and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Sig courtesy of Hijinx Studios

Nothing worse then a melee that starts pounding the right mouse button even before the mob is completely dead..
    Priest Coaidiel Ovhate
    75 Cleric of the Rathe

I just ninja or go solo BoT drops cash and items to sell and some xp not much but there for the loot. Some people think that ninjaing is mean but hey we need to make a living if we dont do it much right?

I don't need money so this doesn't affect me. However, I was playing my shaman in this group once and the necro looted every mob as soon as they hit the ground. I felt so bad for the poor 65 cleric who didn't get to loot a thing.

Normally necros in groups are yelling at you to leave a few corpses on the ground so they can use their wake the dead AA. Well not this one, admitedly at 66 he probably didn't have the AA yet. Even so I had never been grouped wtih someone who just felt he was entitled to loot every mob right after it died, I was floored. Normally there is a nice pile of corpses on the ground in my groups that the members can loot at their leisure, well not with this necro around.