Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gimblox

Default Re: Gimblox

Lol, its a bitch, funner to do drunk...join general channel and rant and rave whilist ya wait =)>
    Priest Coaidiel Ovhate
    75 Cleric of the Rathe

He took me almost 3 days of non-stop camping to get. I despise that damned zone now... Hate, hate, hate it.
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Capitalization is the difference between
    "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse"
    and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Sig courtesy of Hijinx Studios

Gimblox suxors but you are almost there)

Took me over 50 hours over the course of 3-4 days stopping just enough to let the body rest and recharge to get that stupid mob.
    Maosess CorpusInvictus
    70 Priestess of The Tribunal

Parvus,

You have any luck with this? I can help Friday night try and bang out some of this for you if you're on.

Camping rare spawns with no chance for a "pop" is my specialty (and yes I was insane enough to camp VT shards when no one in guild was on who needed it, just for the heck of it LOL).

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

I find myself doing stupid quest still even after the whole shard/gim/berg experience, I guess im a glut for self abuse,

Current mission, "crown of deciet" For those that are evil deities know what a pita it is... =(
    Priest Coaidiel Ovhate
    75 Cleric of the Rathe

crystilla said in post #6 :
    Parvus,

You have any luck with this? I can help Friday night try and bang out some of this for you if you're on.

Camping rare spawns with no chance for a "pop" is my specialty (and yes I was insane enough to camp VT shards when no one in guild was on who needed it, just for the heck of it LOL).
    I did, thanks. Went on vacation for a week, then came back. Spent an afternoon doing chores around the house blasting the crap outta goblins every 20 minutes till I finally bagged him.

All that remains is Ixblat, 2 shards, and the ragefire event.

Thanks Crys

when it was time for me to kill Ragefire in Skyfire (if I remember right) a 70 shaman tanked him for me lol

Ragefire is beyond easy. The shaman that helped me wasnt even fully time geared. Mostly VT geared if I remember right.

I don't know if this will help anyone. Hopefully it will, and Gimblox will be a bit easier for the folks that come looking for Gimblox help afterward...

This is what I did:

1. Acquired a high lvl BST (Can be obtained from guildie/friend/your own accounts)
    2. Took BST and CLR to Gimblox spawn point.
    3. Camped CLR so he doesn't get pwnt by Gobbies.
    4. Stand BST in the spawn spot of Gimblox
    5. Un-Guard pet so that he attacks when the gobbies aggro BST.
    6. Set up an 'Audio Trigger' that has Gimblox in the trigger. (Can be found in 'EQ Box' under 'Actions')
    7. Under the 'Options' window, turn all volume down. (Audio Triggers work with all sound turned down)
    8. Turn speaker volume up LOUD. (If you have wireless speakers, that will work too because now you don't have to sleep where your comp is)
    9. Listen for the Trigger, go to comp and quickly guard pet, to stop damage to Gimblox.
    10. Log in Cleric (This will not work if CLR & BST are on same account) (If CLR and BST are on same account, you can kill em with BST and just risk that someone might come along to ninja your loot.)
    11. Invite CLR to group with BST.
    12. Proceed to kill Gimblox.
    13. Loot drop with you CLERIC (Do NOT loot drop with the BST.) :P

I did it this way. I didn't have wireless speakers though, so I had to sleep on my couch near the basement, but woke up to a very loud DING DING DING. Killed, looted spawn, and then went to bed.
    Saroc's Stuff
    Sarinth's Stuff

Saroc, that was crafty.
    Naxy Dent's stuff, Veeshan's Fury, Bristlebane
    News editor at EQ Clerics

Works with any pet class /shrug doesn't NEED to be a BST..

If you are being so specific to mention looting with the correct character & to log in your cleric. .. you might as well mention to ensure that you have an EB item and not using spells or you'll wake up at your bind point without any alarms ever going off and wonder wtf you are doing there . lol..

(Don't worry just trying to get my post count up I suppose )
    Sedrek
    70 Cleric
    Ring of Valor -- Bristlebane
    My craptastic Magelo

Parv,

I'm still game to help you out Friday night kick out the rest of this stuff if you want, so let me know. I have one thing I'm doing (I'm at the mercy of a spawn timer) but then I'm yours.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member

Thanks I'm not even sure if I'll be on, but if I am, I'll send a tell. Definately don't wait on me though. No telling what the boss has in store for me

Sounds good. I'll most likely be on until at least 2am central hehe, so if you get stuck at work and still want to come on I'll be there.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member