Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: /doh!

Default /doh!

So I zoned into the bazaar the other night, in a good mood, because I was gonna buy me something new and shinny. There were a couple of people at the zonein, and I liked the look of the ranger's outfit in front of me when I zoned in, and since I had Virtue memmed at the time, I popped a cast on him before I ran off to go shopping.

I get a tell a minute later:

Soandso tells you:"Umm, that just took 60 minutes off of the virtue I had on..."

So basically, my paltry 15% extended buff overwrote one that was far and above extended, but from a level 62 cleric.

Some days, it just doesn't pay to leave the temple...

Default Re: /doh!

I feel for you because you were just trying to do a good deed for the day.

/hugs

LoL... no good deed ever goes unpunished.

Tam's Stuff
    Lv 79 Cleric - Veeshan's Fury

A long time ago when I was an app to my guild, there was a paladin that was really anal about his BBB.

He had like a 25% buff extension focus, and demanded I never cast BBB on a raid, so that it wouldn't overwrite his.

Being an app, and him being the "superior" paladin, I did was told, and when people asked me about BBB i'd send them to him.

When I became guild officer, which I have been for a nearly equally long amount of time, I got to read my application thread. Apparently I was almost rejected from my guild as an app due to "refusing" to cast BBB on people .

Sorry for derail !

I love it when you're battle rezzing and throwing whatever you can on them, and you get yelled at for giving someone buffs out of the order they like... lol
    Celedine Crashcart
    80 Exemplar of Tunare
    Retired Hussy

Yeah, I knew an enchie like that one time. Think his name was Iannyen. Whatta prick!

cough cough people like that shouldnt get buffs at all they should die repeatedly till they learn buffs are a gift and dont have to be given unless the buffer wants to give learn to respect what you get... otherwise when your fighting your clr or healer might think that tossing you a heal is going to get them yelled at
    No no Froglegs for you

I have acutally gotten fussed at for healing someone. I see hp's dropping I hit em with a heal it's habit, kinda like seeing a corpse and clicking it. I have gotten use to saying, "let me know when ready for CV or Symbol". Usually don't hear anything till we about to engage and then its like "hey I never got buffs!"..../sigh

Heh, I am pretty anal about my buffs, especially on my BST. With the new spell icons, it's sometimes difficult to tell what I am missing when buffs do fade away. When my BST is soloing, he casts, IoS, Tali, SV, SD, Frenzy, Celerity, SoW, Levi. My pet gets IoS, Tali, SV (single cast version), Pet Proc, Pet Haste, SoW, Hobble.

This line up let's me know almost instantly what I am missing when something wears off and allows me less downtime figuring out what I need. It sometimes bleeds over into group & ninja buffing situations. Since if a lower level shammy runs by and buffs me with FoS, it overwrites my two buffs, and it confuses me royaly as well as shaves HP and stats off of what I had with my own buffs. Or if a Ranger gives me my favorite, SoE, I sometimes have to take it off so I can get my buffs in order.

Yeah, ninja buffing does irritate me sometimes. lol

I admit I have a problem... and admitting it is the first step to recovery... yes? Hehe

Haha, I just thought of a time while in group...

A cleric cast Viction on me. It was in between me buffing myself with self buffs... I remember I saved that buff/particular buff spell for last, then clicked off Viction, buffed myself, then lied in group saying 'Oops!!! I must have clicked off Viction instead of the one I was trying to click off!!!! Could you be so kind as to buff me with it again?? : ('

I look back and laugh, but yeah, that's bad...

I remember when KEI first came out...a cast of Clarity could override it. A druid in my guild had a rant for about 15 min when a chanter ran through Cobalt Scar and thought they were doing this guy a favor.

Marquette Smurfette
    Quiet Solitude
    Dru Ro/Xev

The order thing gets on my nerves too, sorry to any of you that are order fanatics. I recently buffed someone that asked for symbol, wov, and bod. I always put the hp buff last b/c I figure it's most important, so I bod'd .. wov'd .. and then symboled. Not that I ever ask for a donation ... even cancel the trade window when people do try and donate ... but this person did not offer either. All of a sudden I see all three spells wear off in my chat window. Sent him a tell, "??" and he says to me, "Um, I'd like wov, symbol, then bod." I was so unnerved (it's habit .. imma redhead irl :P ) that I said, "Well, you should've spoke up before I casted, sorry."

I don't take donations, because it's just mana. It's not like symbol costs a reagant anymore either, but I just felt that was way too picky and choosy when a stranger agrees to buff you fa free. Anywho, just my 2cp.

/hugs y'all

Exarch Akshaya Ananmaya
    80 Examplar of Erollisi Marr
    Aksy's Myspace

I hear you there about the spell order, that is the most annoying thing when they get choosy about how their spells are cast. Ugh.

I'm anal about how my first 3 slots are but those are my clickies. I will click off any buff dropped there before I can get them filled. If someone is buffing me I will donate for the second cast because its my issue with buffs not thiers.

The only exception is on raids, if I'm battle rezzed I'll take the buffs as they come and wiat for them to wear off to do clickies again

Mspetite said in post #8 :
    I have gotten use to saying, "let me know when ready for CV or Symbol". Usually don't hear anything till we about to engage and then its like "hey I never got buffs!"..../sigh
    hehe this happens to me all the time at raids. I *always* ask my group at least 2 times if anyone needs any buffs. The second I de-mem my buffs and load my raid set that's when at least one person says "can I get a sym pls."