Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: /doh!

Default Re: /doh!

Gennesis said in post #15 :

hehe this happens to me all the time at raids. I *always* ask my group at least 2 times if anyone needs any buffs. The second I de-mem my buffs and load my raid set that's when at least one person says "can I get a sym pls."
    And depending upon how close we are to the pull, that's when I have been known to tell them, "tough shit..."
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Capitalization is the difference between
    "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse"
    and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Sig courtesy of Hijinx Studios

Gennesis said in post #15 :

hehe this happens to me all the time at raids. I *always* ask my group at least 2 times if anyone needs any buffs. The second I de-mem my buffs and load my raid set that's when at least one person says "can I get a sym pls."
    LOL, happens to me almost every time... and I advertise the buffs in group and raid channel lots beforehand.

Cleric of "Grave Wisdom" - The Rathe

And I am with Pomaikai, sometimes it is tough shit, or if a friend of mine, sorry to close to pull you loser.
    Ariowen Dor'Drondel - Ranger
    Nicoletta Dor'Drondel - Cleric
    Avenora Dor'Drondel - Bard
    Sabanil Winddancer - Shaman

Alarius
    Cazic Thule
    Ari's Stuff
    Nic's stuff
    Ave's stuff

*giggle* I advertise in my XP grps repeatedly for buffs, and without fail, as soon as I demem the buff someone will ask for one. I was particularly grumpy one day, and after dememing/rememming/dememming several times, when the monk was off pulling.. the enchanter in the group said, "Can pet and I get a buff?" .. I said, "Sure!".. and gave them both Courage. A few minutes later they said, "??" lol =) I innocently said, "What? You asked for a buff and said nothing when I offered conviction =/"

Ah well.

First post ever here btw! ^.^

Rawien said in post #19 :
    *giggle* I advertise in my XP grps repeatedly for buffs, and without fail, as soon as I demem the buff someone will ask for one. I was particularly grumpy one day, and after dememing/rememming/dememming several times, when the monk was off pulling.. the enchanter in the group said, "Can pet and I get a buff?" .. I said, "Sure!".. and gave them both Courage. A few minutes later they said, "??" lol =) I innocently said, "What? You asked for a buff and said nothing when I offered conviction =/"
    I have this problem to a certain extent as well. The best solution I have found (other than refusing to group with some of the worst offenders) is:

1) Use ONE spell slot (I use number 3, just pick one) as your buff swapping slot.
    2) Make a "spell set" of just one spell, by itself, in that slot, for your most frequently mem'ed spells.
    3) Name these sets something very low or very high in alphabetical order.
    4) Memorize which is which.
    5) Practice /mems # swapping.

Here's what I mean.

AA Grouping Alpha = normal spell set
    AB Grouping Standing = Yaulp in spell slot one
    BB Rebuffing Self = Armor of Zealot, Spell Haste, Convi in top 3 slots
    CA Soloing Alpha = soloing set
    CB Soloing Standing = Yaulp in spell slot one
    Gate = Gate in spell slot one
    WWW Mark = 3rd spell slot Mark of the Blameless
    XXX DI = 2nd spell slot Divine Intervention
    YYY Bali = 3rd spell slot Symbol of Balikor
    ZZZ Convi = 3rd spell slot Conviction

If I die I quickly /mems 1 (or 2 or 4 or 5) because in all of those I have Divine Barrier in 9th slot and want it to refresh ASAP.

Then I /mems 3 to put my self-buffs up. (If i'm getting a rez or summoning. If I have to CR i've got combat spells loaded for the trip.)

When I need to leave I /mems 6 to bring up gate.

If someone needs Convi / Bali I just

/mems 10 (9 for bali)
    cast
    /mems 7 (usually I'm using Mark of the Blameless in slot 3)

Fast, simple, and covers everything but exotic requests like WoV and PoV.

(I'm thinking of taking out the soloing sets for PoV/WoV actually. I've been soloing not as much as I thought and I think it wouldn't hurt to just mem those spell sets when I need them the old fashioned way.)
    Itek's Magelo

Itek's Blog (Read it please.)

But check the Vet Rewards, I've been playing a LONG time.