Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "res me" (rant)

Default Re:

My favorite is when I'm in a good mood and decide to cast on someone who asks politely for a temp as I'm on my way from the GL to the FP stone, and the poor noob says in /ooc "Thank you Celedine for casting Temp on me when no one else would... and it's extended too, woot!" She obviously thought she was being nice and giving me props. At least I hope she was. Needless to say my tell window exploded shortly thereafter.
    I use the proccy hammer or Relic of Mal unless I'm actually casting a rez, and people still somehow know I'm a cleric...
    Celedine Crashcart
    80 Exemplar of Tunare
    Retired Hussy

Default Re:

ranlren said in post #32 :

What were you killing? I can't belive any mob would hit that hard let alone you surviving 89.000 dmg.

Admit it,you fixed it in paint didn't you?
    Please don't attack people like that.
    I have lots of screenies and log files that look like that - cast barrier and get nailed by a mob that does that kind of dmg - the log and screen will show you took the dmg even though barrier is up so your invulnerable.

I don't know what you do that causes people to figure out your a cleric right away,but nobody bothers me with ranlren.

And if im feeling like being nice i'l usually offer to rez people in ooc.
    If you have your 1.5 epic equiped people know you're a cleric, plain and simple. It's a very unique item and hard to miss. I don't generally get bugged to much (I run on /role all the time) but once in a while I get tells from people who saw me running past so they knew I was a cleric by my epic.
    Proud to be an EQCleric Admin!

Default Re: Re:

What were you killing? I can't belive any mob would hit that hard let alone you surviving 89.000 dmg.

Admit it,you fixed it in paint didn't you?

those were "deaths" hence the tiltle on the pic, "Amazing colection of DEATHS" ;-P

but yeah, we can be hit for 80k and live. if you have the GoD AA ;-)

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

Default Re: "res me" (rant)

lots of mobs have DT (death touch, used to be 20k, is now 80k IIRC). then there is the 80k falling damage. recently i fell for 80K and lived because of the ToTD AA.

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

Default Re:

I posted this on another thread here but I agree with Key... it is certainly possible to take that much falling damage and live. Same thing happened to me but I took 200k falling damage, the ToTD AA fired and I lived. Here is part of the screenshot I took when it happened:

Nellis Aethelind ~ 72 Wizard ~ Scholar
    Proud member of ~SOJOURNERS~

ranlren said in post #35 :
    [B]I'm not attacking,i just find it hard to believe any mob can hit for over 10k.
    In the next to last event in Citadel of Anguish, there are adds that spawn that get stronger the longer they stay up. I have been hit for over 40k dmg in one blow from them before. And yes ToTD has saved me from those too.

Default Re:

From Anguish on up (Arch Magus Vangl is the event Aum mentioned) there are mobs that spawn that either hit that hard or if you don't follow some emote or something specific they also can hit for up to the 80k. I think I've only had 1 of those but I've had half a dozen of the 30k+ hits from AMV's adds when we were learning the event.

Times definitely have changed since these are single hits that take place (not a round of hits but a single hit).

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

ranlren said in post #38 :
    The trick in rezzing is to show them who is boss,show them you will take not take any bullshit they throw at you wich offends you and tell them to get lost or threaten to petition them.

Then if they don't do as you say you ignore them and report.

I think just by telling them you will report them will make them consider asking for it nicely instead of bothering you.
    Some of us just aren't like that, hun ... so, it is easier said than done imho. Just zoning in to the guild lobby and running straight for the guild hall gets numerous "omg can u rez me?!" tells. And zoning into PoK? Wow ... and yeah, it does get aggravating, but if I don't feel like doing it, I just act like I didn't see the tell. If I don't even wanna look at it in my chat box, I hit /clear. If someone gets nasty, I /ignore.

I don't make a habit of threatening people because it's just not in my personality to do it. But to each his own ...

Exarch Akshaya Ananmaya
    80 Examplar of Erollisi Marr
    Aksy's Myspace

agree

just not answering works fine

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

I agree with keyera---- Inc rez----( 0%). I for the most part will buff anyone that can/will ask me
    in a polite way( if i iam not in a hurry) . I do find at times i need to go /role from the 10000 buff me and rezz me tells, but
    if at anytime some one spams me or is rude its /tell rudeplayer here- Grats welcome to my ignore list
    and call it a day

Default Re:

Does anyone else get annoyed when you get multiple tells for buffs while naked and waiting for rez? It's happened to me so often recently as I am bound in the guild lobby, when people just /who cleric and send tells to people they assume have the buff they want. I really enjoy buffing people and helping when I can, so maybe I've just been cranky lately, hehe.

Kihra said in post #44 :
    Does anyone else get annoyed when you get multiple tells for buffs while naked and waiting for rez? It's happened to me so often recently as I am bound in the guild lobby, when people just /who cleric and send tells to people they assume have the buff they want. I really enjoy buffing people and helping when I can, so maybe I've just been cranky lately, hehe.
    Ya know, this has been really hard for me, but I've just started ignoring people! :P It's been harder than it sounds, but it's sorta liberating!

Default Re:

Ya know, this has been really hard for me, but I've just started ignoring people! :P It's been harder than it sounds, but it's sorta liberating!
    Hmm, I think I might try that and see how it feels, or take a night off at least! haha