Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "res me" (rant)

Default "res me" (rant)

Okay so, my cleric alt basically goes wherever I go. Being a semi-cleric i've gotten fairly used to people asking me for resurections in the guild lobby. So much, in fact, that I am permanently anon.

Recently I used a Shield of the Planar Assasin and a bazu claw hammer, which generally didn't give the appearance of me being a cleric, and with anon up, I didn't get *too* many res tells. I got my epic 2.0 about a week ago, and since then, it's been pretty aweful. People see it and automatically ask for crap, like it has "res and buff station" written on it or somthing.

Now i'm not a jerk and typically I don't mind buffing or resing folks, if they are somewhat polite about it. If i'm busy sometimes I don't see tells, or sometimes I ignore them. It happens, i'm boxing 2-3 toons, and only really pay attention to my paladins tells usually.

That being said... today I get a tell from random_dead_wizard_001 "res me"

I actually happen to see the tell, however I choose to ignore it, as i'm currently resing my paladin from a failed Vindi kill (grats my router going out at 20% ) for my girlfriends paladin.

random_dead_wizard_001 "I kno ur not afk, res me"

So now i'm thinking... wow he's got some attitude, but he'll go away if I ignore him.

random_dead_wizard_001 "look, I see u resing people, now res me ffs"

Ffs? Well he's got balls. I'm going to take the high road and just ignore him though.

random_dead_wizard_001 "****IN RES ME NOW IM TRYIN 2 GET BACK 2 MY GROUP"

Keep in mind, this fella is guilded and level 70, so surely he knows at least some EQ-ettiquite. At this point, the fact that Vindi killed me cause my router went out, plus his annoying spam, has made me quite angry. I'm tired of people assuming that JUST becase a cleric is standing around, they OWE you a resurection.

Bagar (and Zayla) tells random_dead_wizard_001 "HAY I KNO UR NOT AFK SO PORT ME 2 GRAT DIVIDE " I spammed that about 6 times followed by "DO U KNO WHAR GREAT DIVIDE IS ??!?!?!11111one!!11" this was spammed about two times. This is from both of my toons. so he got hit with about 16 lines of text, fairly quickly. Followed by "I hope you enjoyed how that felt, welcome to ignore."

It's pretty annoying when people assume they deserve a res because you happen to be a cleric and are standing around. It's more annoying when they demand it. I'm not a rude person, but you get what you give.

Default Re: "res me" (rant)

ya should of memed resurection ;-) (or whatever the no exp rez is ;-P) am sure he wouldn't have noticed it till too late ;-P

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

I've gotten better at telling toons "no". Don't get me wrong, I rez and buff if I can but if I'm busy, it's "sorry, busy". Responding generally stops any additional spamming a toon may do, it's been very effective for me.

I do chuckle over ooc's in the lobby..."there are 10 cleric's in the lobby AND NO ONE'S RESSING!!!???". Makes me want to run right over and res the demanding toon right away....LOL. What many toons don't realize is being polite will make most ppl go out of their way to help.

Default Re:

What many toons don't realize is being polite will make most ppl go out of their way to help.
    so true

kC

I guess Key and I are just mean. When people are rude and won't take no or ignoring for an answer, I have on several occasions memmed and cast resurrection and run away/put them on ignore before they realized.

I don't think I would have done what you did, but it did give me a giggle and I don't blame you one bit!

I wish everyone in EQ would read this forum and learn to be civil to the people that determine whether they live, die, or get rezzes.
    Lady Raynelyn
    70 Cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Default Re:

Well, Ill tell ya how I go abouts it....

I "GENERALLY" don't do rezzes/buffes besides those in my group/guild, ( no im not a greedy snob too busy to see others ). It's just most of the time, from past expiriences people are rude and inconsiderant.. Sometimes i make the occasion and DO rezz/buff someone ( if my guild wipes and im rezzing them in the Guild Lobby, Ill throw rezzes out to others ) I've gotton a few tells like that before... never have I ever had someone on ignore, I just usually tell them " No ".. i feel if they are above level 60, they should atleast know the courtesy of EQ and asking for things..

my 2copper pieces

I love the low rezz spell idea Keyera, will have to do that the next time. I usually do the same..only rez those in my guild or group and will often cast a rez on someone if I am already there. If I am not busy I will rezz if I am running through GL. I have recently put myself on anon too, it gets really old after a while people demanding a rez as if I owed it to them. I need to learn to say No ...

Just ignore them. Either they get the hint, or they get rude, in which case you can justifiably respond that it it not your duty to rez/buff them, if they want favors from you (and that's what it is, a FAVOR), they should ASK you, not demand/expect it.

I also enjoy casting Temperance instead of Conviction, btw...or one of those low-level type 1 buffs.

I'm so evil *grows horns*
    Lady Raynelyn
    70 Cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Heh, evil is refusing to do the quest JUST so you can enjoy telling them sorry don't have that spell.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

In the event that our guild wipes and I see the infamous words float in guild chat, "Rez up in guild lobby," I cringe ... Because I now know what I've just come to expect once we get there. It still truly amazes me how rude people can be. How could they possibly believe that they are NOT being rude? Dropping a corpse at your feet and "hailing" it over and over and over and over. Or as the author of this thread indicated, "res me." No "please?" No "may I donate for a res?"

What is wrong with people? lol ... as clerics, I consider us to be some of the nicest peeps around. Yes, maybe I'm just prejudiced about our class, but it really is true. I can't imagine any of us, save for the Quon, demanding anything out of anyone like that: a port, buffs, whatever. It's because of fools like this that my ignore list keeps growing and growing.

Exarch Akshaya Ananmaya
    80 Examplar of Erollisi Marr
    Aksy's Myspace

On a raid wipe witha GL rez, I just start rezzing any corpse with a person standing next to it. God forbid I miss a new recruit whom I have never seen before...

Besides, I usually make 500-1000pp everytime we have a raid wipe with a GL rez. I rez em without asking and quite often someone trots over a few minutes later and pops 100-500pp in the trade window. It pays for my rez necklace, so who the hell am I to argue. LOL
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Capitalization is the difference between
    "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse"
    and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Sig courtesy of Hijinx Studios

Default Re:

I hate raid wipes for 2 reasons:

1. Well... we wiped

2. I am busy rezzing everyone, including people who obviously stop by the snow cone vendor on their way to the guild lobby. Meanwhile all the freshly rezzed have run back to the guild hottub for a buff-fest.

Makes me feel like the last kid picked for battle-ball.

Okay, maybe not that bad

Marquette Smurfette
    Quiet Solitude
    Dru Ro/Xev

Yeah, they go back to hot tub and buff while the Cleric's are still out rezzing in my guild as well. Ungreatful bastards!
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Capitalization is the difference between
    "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse"
    and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Sig courtesy of Hijinx Studios

I simply hate wipes because its rez/buff/and HOPEFULLY get a few mins to med back a bit of mana before its OK LETS GO!!

As far as people and rezzes, if they are a asshat be one back...
    Priest Coaidiel Ovhate
    75 Cleric of the Rathe

Being polite when asking about rezzes will save you alot of trouble.
    If they want me to save them xx minutes of grinding they should be %"¤#&"¤# able to spend 15 seconds typing a polite tell to me.

I've done some cracy rez runs (pre PoP in general and pre Guild Lobby in particular) for strangers just because they amused me with their tells/requests and general good manners.

So to the "rez me" people reading this:
    Get some manners, or bugger off!
    --------------------

DWARF!!