Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "res me" (rant)

Default Re:

Funny how someone can ask politely for a rez (or 17) in the tunnels of W Freeport near the rogue guild and I don't think twice about going to help.

But if some moron demands something I'm more stubborn than a rented mule ...

I do what I can when I can but don't tolerate bad manners very well any more.

"Can't, busy" is a very valid response.

/ignore is also your friend, use it!

Z
    Last edited by Zereh; 06-12-2006 at 11:16 AM.
    Beagán agus a rá go maith ~~ Say little but say it well.

Default Re: "res me" (rant)

I have yet to come across REALLY rude people, but like the rest have had my share.

I almost fell outta my chair one night I was sitting in the GH, getting ready to Log for the night, and i get a tell from someone who had died in Dragon Necropolis( IIRC). Tell ws something like that.

"I know you are probably busy, but if I could ask for you to rez me in DN, I would greatly appreciate it, and would gladly donate. If not, that is ok"

Well me being tired, and really wanting to go to bed, I offered to pay for thier stone to rez in GL. They didn't have DoN expansion, so off I went, paid for a CS stone in GL, run across CS (Well maybe chased is a better word), and the same in SG into the WW zone line.

Now in WW, I run my plate butt to DN, where this person is patiently waiting for me to arrive. They already had thier corpse sitting there. I tossed him a rez, buffed him up, and proceeded to gate out and go to bed. Was crazy that i almost died twice on that run, simply b/c some one was nice.

On the flip side, me asking for buffs is always "Could I please donate for a <Insert Buff here> if you have a moment, I will gladly come to you."

I have yet to be denied a buff, and most of the time, the donations are turned down as well.

Being polite goes a really long way, it is too bad some people don't realize this.

-Kimo
    68 High Elven Cleric
    < Guardian Fellowship >

Been a long time since I got the rude /tell. On raid wipes I just point and fire. I try to rez the guild first or at least the pile of bodies around me. If other peeps send a tell I just reply "k" and continue rezing, they will get it when I spin to them. If they don't want to wait there are plenty of clerics giving out rezes most of the time.

If they ask for a buff I reply, "Just rezed".

Default Re:

Well, even JUST last night.. I was sitting in the Guild Lobby just after I rezzed myself, Some level 70 warrior approaching me with their corpse and Hail's it... I sit there, then I hail the corpse.. He hails the corpse again and says " rezz " I hail the corpse and say " Politness is the key factor here " and he says " Rezz ", so Him not getting the whole " be nice and maybe you'll get a rezz I decided to just ignore him, he followed me around kept hailing his corpse and I told him he wasn't gonna get a rezz... So finally to have him leave me alone I casted the 0% exp rezz and he flipped out *shrugs, knowing with THIS patch and them opening up the Guild Lobby....... There will be MANY more of this type of thing happening, Guess i now have to /role when i enter the Guild Lobby as well as PoK *cry

Guess I need to go buy my 0% rezz spell. UGH!!

I found a new one that has some fun results at times...when i get a "res me!" i just reply with "why?"

Most of them shuts up since that questions forces them to write an entire sentence, and it's much faster to spam 10 other clerics with "res me!"

Sometimes they'll start on an extremely long story about how their old grandma needs her medicine so they need to get rezzed so they can get back to plat farming for her, and similar stuff.

But usually it shuts them up, and it's almost as short a reply as "no"

Default Re:

I need to get Zayla her 0% res ><.

Lol i'm going to start asking people "Why" now :P. That's pretty funny. Could also probabaly think of more complicated questions (or strings of questions) for them to go through. I'm getting lots of ideas now ><. Bored at work...

I am bound right by the guild hall door and I swear every time I gate someone manages to ask for a res/buff between the time I land and the half second it takes to click the door.

GRR!!

[70 Cleric] Candarie the Healer <Triality> of Maelin Starpyre
    ~ Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway. ~

/derail on--

does my sig. keep getting bigger or is it just me?

its you dying! lol ... You could shorten it up though if you found a way to use more space to the right instead of all straight down.

[70 Cleric] Candarie the Healer <Triality> of Maelin Starpyre
    ~ Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway. ~

Default Re:

Ok Qina, I hope you don't mind, but this was kinda easy, took me 5 minutes with copy/paste and Paint. Whenever you get more deaths you can just open paint up, extend the edges to make the new screenie fit, and resave!

Lady Raynelyn
    70 Cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Thanks Raynelyn!, Though you have some of them mixed around.... Yes, Yes; It's a good idea to throw them all together.. Thanks for the suggestion and samples; but Im super anal about things being labled and in "descending" order.. LOL!

I was rezzing a friend in the lobby last night. Someone walked up and plopped their corpse down in front of me and merely said "Rez". My friend said "Do they always do that?????" I laughed said yes and thought of this thread. Lol he ranted for about 5 minutes on how rude that was and he just couldnt believe it. SO I wont rant since he did it for me!

Deleny

Default Re:

I went on a mission to get the Hammer from Praetorian Myral in Grieg's awhile back. It's still fairly farmed, but I caught him up one night, and behold, he had the hammer.

So I race the necro over there and proceed to tear him down. Takes awhile, but not that hard. Anyways, I use that as my primary since it's better stats than the epic, and I can't get better now.

The only time I get rez requests with it equipped is when I forget to /role. That pally look goes a long way sometimes.
    Later,
    Selinya

I still use my summoned hammer and even when I log off and it goes bye bye the graphic of it in my hand is still there. with it on most people dont even bother asking me for anything. And Florince is ALWAYS on /role.
    Wegador gladly sacrificed himself to serve the beautiful:
    Florince