View Poll Results: Should Shields be able to rProc?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this idea is good.

6 54.55%
  • No, this idea sucks.

4 36.36%
  • Other: Post Details in Reply

1 9.09%

Thread: Shields and (r)Procs

Default Shields and (r)Procs

So, I had an epiphany today. I suppose this isn't entirely a cleric issue, but it was the discussion about the Type 4 slot on our epic shield that brought it up.

It's been suggested over and over again that the Type 4 slot be allowed to proc on a bash. Personally, I think this is a dumb fix. Even IF I am bashing, its a really slow method of attacking and wouldn't proc enough to warrant removing even a DoN augment from the slot.

I came up with something however, that would make it worth it. What if the shield could reverse proc, like Ward of Retribution does?

It'd be up to the devs to find a balance. Maybe the existing Type 4 augments could be coded to reverse proc their effects if found on a shield. Maybe we'd need to move to a new Type with new augments, I don't know.

I think putting rprocs on shields is more in line with what a shield really does. While I would be loathe to see other classes rprocing with the effectiveness of Ward of Retribution; personally I'm not against this idea being applied to shields in general, or special shields that have this slot type (or effect built in).

The one thing I would ask for though is if this idea is implemented, please retrofit the appropriate changes to the Aegis of Superior Divinity.
    Last edited by Candarie; 05-04-2006 at 10:59 AM.

[70 Cleric] Candarie the Healer <Triality> of Maelin Starpyre
    ~ Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway. ~

Default Re: Shields and (r)Procs

Not sure I like this idea. The problem is, shields are Defensive, which means the proc would go off when you are hit. With Ward's and DS's we can click them off and not worry about accidentally damaging the mob. But with a shield aug, we would have to remove the shield in order to keep it from going off. And of course if it goes off on a mob you don't want damaged (to keep it from going into Summoning mode or other reasons), you are in deep doo-doo.

I voted other, but I'm leaning heavily on the No side in reality. I think expanding shield-based attacks so they can use attack procs when you use the attack might be a decent idea, but having innate procs like Ward/DS's is too dangerous IMO.
    Saroc
    L70 Cleric, Luclin Server

A valid point. However, I'd like to point out that not all procs have to deal damage. In fact, you give good reasoning for using ones that don't. (Ex: Heals, Jolts, Stuns, etc..)

[70 Cleric] Candarie the Healer <Triality> of Maelin Starpyre
    ~ Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway. ~

Ooh, jolts would be nice. Just don't call it a jolt : p Rangers would get jealous...

**Edit**

Bleh, just noticed... {rolleyes} So your the one that stole my name...
    Last edited by Saroc S; 05-05-2006 at 12:05 AM.