View Poll Results: Will you repurchase Abudant Heal ?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 11.11%
  • Not a Chance

4 14.81%
  • Waiting to hear if its really fixed

17 62.96%
  • Undecided

3 11.11%

Thread: Abundant Heal

Default Abundant Heal

How many of you will be repurchasing Abundant Heal ?

I won't be until i have heard alot of positive feedback from my fellow clerics.

Default Re: Abundant Heal

Bah i messed up my own poll .. can a Mod please Correct my spelling of Abundant in the Poll LOL

I will probably never buy AH as long as the check when it fires procs AH first. GoM has been the best utility clerics have gotten in a long time. I save so much mana with that AA that it is NOT worth AH procing over GoM when they fire.

Plus AH is only a 250 a tic hot. With mobs hitting for 3k+ now a days that isn't worth it.

But are you sure it always checks first? Assuming the checking order was part of the issue causing the original bug, perhaps Keyera is right in suggesting that AH4 would be a safe buy. Or, if you don't have either, then getting AH5 and GoM3 after would let GoM3 check first. When it was still bugged, I had AH5 and GoM2. Only AH would fire. But when I got GoM3 thinking it would be good for nukes, it started working on heals as well. If it hasn't changed much, then getting AH5 then GoM3 would be the best combination. Or they could just let 2 things proc at the same thing and fix weapon procs and focus items.

Either way, you're right about the ability not offering much. The only redeeming value is that it stacks with everything. Even when AH does proc first, it should only decrease GoM procs by 10%. Or 1% less of all casts. I'll seriously consider getting AH4 after I finish innate int 15 and have 30 saved for a while.

Apparently right now if you have a higher tier of AH then GoM it will check for AH first BUT on Eqlive they are willing to fix this as well in the next big patch..

Rashere wrote:

Regarding the interaction of AH/GoM, while the actual in-game impact of having AH check before GoM is minor, I can understand the psychological implications and am willing to lower AH by a percent across the board to ensure that GoM always checks before AH does. That change won't go out until our next large patch, though.

Rashere

so until that patch to fix the problem in our heads....it sounds safe to get AH to lvl 4. that way GoM is checked first.

i will still wait for more feedback though.

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

My take on that whole conversation was that AH was in fact the one always being checked first (hence why so many had AH blocking GoM casts in the earlier debaucle.

And since it's a royal PITA to change it so GoM gets read/checked first, the way to get GoM preference was to reduce the overall chance AH would fire down to 9% so it was lower than GoM.

Though still doing this, AH will get checked first so the only true way not to loose any GoM casts to my way of thinking is to never buy AH at all, then you can't ever lose a potential GoM cast to a AH cast.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

crystilla said in post #7 :

Though still doing this, AH will get checked first so the only true way not to loose any GoM casts to my way of thinking is to never buy AH at all, then you can't ever lose a potential GoM cast to a AH cast.
    This is exactly how I'm going to do this, I NEVER want AH to fire over GoM, EVER!

Ok, here's the straight poop.

AH/GoM was broken when you had max level with both. (Actually whenever you had AH at or above the GoM level.)

The -code- to fix the AH always being checked first didn't get pushed live, and should with the last patch (April 19th 2006) or the next (upcoming in a month or s patch.

But, and it's big, unless they change the percentage proc rate on AH even if they DO NOT always check AH first every time it simply becomes a crap shoot, one with check, then another.

They have SAID OUTRIGHT that the order isn't something they INTEND to be set. AH being first is a BUG, but they won't make GoM being checked first a feature.

Currently if you have AH 10% and GoM 10% this happens.

1000 (relevent) casts.

100 AH fires.

900 AH failures on which GoM checks.

90 GoM fires.

Now it's "Safe" to buy AH to 4 if you have GoM Three. This happens.

1000 (relevent) casts.

100 GoM fires.

900 AH checks.

72 AH fires.

Now let's examine "best case" comparison in AH's favor.

72 * 1250 hp = 90,000 hp

50 * 400 mana = 20,000 mana That's only HALF of the GoM fires used and only saving 400 mana each use.

20 AA points to have an (actual) 7.2% chance of AH? With an average HP/cast return of UNDER 90? Meaning that if you cast 1000 spells that AH could fire on you get less than 90,000 hp returned. 20 AA points to add 90 HP to every heal you cast? That seems pretty steep to me.

So I plan to keep AH pushed WAY down on the buy list for the time being. Even "fixed" it's not an attractive option.
    Itek's Magelo

Itek's Blog (Read it please.)

But check the Vet Rewards, I've been playing a LONG time.

With the recent problems associated with the AA and things I'm hearing on this thread, AH will probably be one of the last things I get, if I even get it. Doesn't seem to be all that great of an AA from what I hear when the risk is taken into account. Just my 2cp.
    Lady Raynelyn
    70 Cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal