View Poll Results: What zone are you bound in?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plane of Knowledge

23 35.38%
  • Plane of Tranquility

2 3.08%
  • Guild Lobby

34 52.31%
  • Near where I'm exping

5 7.69%
  • Near a mob I'm camping

0 0%
  • Other

1 1.54%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are you bound?

Default Where are you bound?

when i was a lower lvl toon i used to bind myself near where i was exping, so if i died it would be easy to run back and grab my corpse. then i bound myself in pok, next to the bank so i could grab some money or whatnot for a CR. then when i got into a higher guild and we were raiding pop, i bound myself in pot. now that the guild lobby exists i think 99% of our guild is bound there.... where are you bound?
    Last edited by Ellyson; 03-01-2006 at 02:30 PM.

There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Default Re: Where are you bound?

guild lobby, 10 seconds or so to pop up from death to tell the other clerics i'm dead. :P

Yeah Guild Lobby for fast zone-ins FTW!
    [71 Prelate] Venerable Zengem (Dark Elf)

PoK by main bank. Why? Well, I am not always raiding and when I die in a grp/solo it is easier to get a SoW/SoE for CR close to MB or hit the bank to get plat for summoning in Lobby and only zone from PoK to Lobby once, instead of Returning to Bind Point, zone to PoK/GHall run to bank/banker then rezone to Lobby etc.

I really, really, really wish they would put a bank in the Lobby. When they do that I will bind in the Lobby.
    Hold Your Fire, Keep It Burning Bright.

Pink and Orange Dwarven Cleric of the 67th Season

Guild lobby usually, but if there's even a chance of needing to run back after a death I bind as close as possible to the action. Not that there's much need for that anymore now that druids can call you back to your corpse, but it's a habit from the pre-pop days that is still useful. Except when I bind in stoneroot at undershore zone and get ditched by the group, so i'm left naked with regular and undead mobs in between me and civilization
    Celedine Crashcart
    80 Exemplar of Tunare
    Retired Hussy

Bound in PoT... and will be till i stop playing the game... my best friend and i are bound right infront of eachother .... it's our little spot to hang out and talk when we log on die or right before we log off so no one else bugs us for buffs ports or anything

/huggles always

Close to my camping spot.

Lobby rezzing is for the weak
    --------------------

DWARF!!

If they had a bank in the GL, that's where I would bind. As for me, it's usually PoK.
    v/r,
    Canard
    Lvl 70 High Elf Cleric

The Nameless (Innoruuk) Server

Gnuen said in post #7 :
    Lobby rezzing is for the weak
    LOL Yes they are, specially when you need to do another CR on a Tipt trial and you got owned at the end again.
    Hold Your Fire, Keep It Burning Bright.

Pink and Orange Dwarven Cleric of the 67th Season

At my lvl I camp just at the zone line or over it in the next zone where I am hunting. Odd times if I am going somewhere like Abysmal Sea for spells I bind in PoK near main bank. I guess it is one of those things that changes as you lvl up or do different things.

For the longest time I was bound in PoK.

Then I got DoN and was bound in Lobby.

But I got SICK of zoning out to GuildHall/PoK and back for plat to summon.

I'd bind in the GuildHall but I can't insure the GuildHall is always loaded. (See last set of patches were GuildHall was unavailable for a couple of days.)

So it's PoK outside the small bank now and forever. I can get most places from there fast, and grab plat and run to lobby for summon/rezz when I need to.

Lobby isn't for the weak. It's for people with time commitments. I can't spend an hour on a CR, and if I'm dead it for certain means my corpse is in a BAD spot.
    Itek's Magelo

Itek's Blog (Read it please.)

But check the Vet Rewards, I've been playing a LONG time.

I agree with everyone else about the lobby needing a banker. I used to bind in Abysmal Sea by the banker during the Gates era (which I would love to just forget). Now, I bind at the small bank in the Plane of Knowledge. I guess I like being close to my money. I personally think the lobby summoning function was a great idea, but for a different reason than time saving.

The EverQuest design forces us to depend on other people. In a well-run business, this is normal operation. I work in a hospital, I do not do admitting or billing. I don't wax the floors or wash the windows. Other people are paid to do those tasks. If those tasks are not done, those people are fired, and new people are hired to accomplish those tasks. The bottom line: All task accomplished.

Returning back to EverQuest. There are evenings that nothing gets done because we cannot find a suitable class. LFG/LFM can linger for hours. Considering how inefficient the player base can be, it is no wonder that many people dual-box or leave the game in frustration. After all, a character can solo to level 60 in World of Warcraft. The lobby provided a way to eliminate the services of a benevolent necromancer or a shadowknight, much like the way the guild hall teleporter, the Lost Dungeons/Gates magi, and the Plane of Knowledge books/stones have eliminated the services of a benevolent druid or wizard for transportation. Potions help eliminate the services of some buffing classes as well.

I find this movement towards independence to be a very good thing. We play this game to accomplish fictitious goals. The designers created these goals at a certain level of difficulty. Those who overcome them are entitled to bragging rights. Those who cannot are left to be frustrated. Worse still, every 6 months, more content emerges which compounds the frustration. By eliminating some of the obstacles, it helps all members of the community move forward. I would rather that progression in the game get easier (like adding levels, AA abilities, corpse summoners, potions, DON merchants, et al.) than people leaving the EverQuest community. I personally cannot wait until they remove the death penalty on experience, eliminating part of our burden.

Back to time savings, I belong to a guild which raids 7 nights a week (folks at work think that is strange, but I love it). If our final battle ends in wipe, the corpse summoners provides a quick way to restore everyone's gear and experience for an incredible price. WTB banker in guild lobby.

Guild lobby.. its fast and convinient.. i used to bind in Guild hall wenn you could... but they changed that

nexus

Larren is hawt

kC

PoK

just because as others have said, no bank in lobby

a bank and potion vendor (for invis) in lobby would rock

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"