Thread: bot question puter stats

Default bot question puter stats

Ok I have aquired a new acct now and am trying to box my clr/ranger to get my new war up to snuff... here is my puter in a nutshell...
    Radion 9800 pro 128 VC
    1gig ram
    amd simpron 3000

I have turned off all the cool stuff about the game however I still seem to be unable to get my computer to load 2 eqs at a time most of the time I get a message about not enough memory but I know lots of pple that run 2 accts with 1gig of ram. any help or suggestions would be wonderful! thank you so much
    Wegador gladly sacrificed himself to serve the beautiful:
    Florince

Default Re: bot question puter stats

It’s probable not the memory you are thinking. Try to load EQ to two different directories.
    Example: C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest\… and C:\ Program Files\Sony\Everquestbox\ …

More information is needed to understand what’s going on unless someone posts a resolution from the same experience. I was able to use a set-up close to yours for running two instances of EQ on the same PC.

If I had to guess I would think your pagefile is full. Virtual memory uses your system pagefile to swap memory to your disk, bla bla boring tech stuff. Anyway, to empty this bucket most of the time you just reboot your system but there are instances where a reboot does not clear it out. I also believe the security manager sets default to disabled for this function.

Check it out and see.

Spen

also

get winEQ (google it). it has a built in program called eqplaynice. it makes the second account take up less resources. another benifit is don't have to run the patcher each time you log on.

another thing to do is on one of the accounts turn most of the models off. run it old school. looks funny, but takes a hell of alot less resources.

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

This brings up something I have been wondering about

Firstly let me say I am not a Windows person, I do`nt like Windows, I have never liked Windows and mostly except for Everquest I try to use Linux. I have thought about trying to get Everquest working in Linux but it hardly seems worth the effort as XP is a lot more stable it seems to me than the others have been although it does hog memory with all those processes running that I have no idea what they do or why they are there {rolleyes}

Anyway I was wondering if there is a command that I can put Everquest in the background so I can do a quick something else like check EMail etc.

alt+enter

then shift+alt+r to get the ....err nm, no longer have to do that, just do alt+enter, that will put EQ in "windowed" mode.

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

You can go to a webpage while ingame, just put /www then the website you want to go to and it will bring that webpage up (/www eqtraders.com for example), then you can just alt+tab back and forth between EQ and your webpage. I've had to do that a lot recently with the new alchemy recipies for my shaman.

Tam's Stuff
    Lv 79 Cleric - Veeshan's Fury

That`s great thanks!

Instead of using Alt Enter, you can simply hit the Windows Key also. I know this used to not work, which is why I had to root through a box of parts to find said Windows keys and put them back on my keyboard. I bought a new keyboard recently, and didn't pop the little buggers off like I usually do, and, of course, hit it on accident mid fight one day.

Windowed me out, but minimized EQ to taskbar, popped right back up when I clicked it back. Found my windows keys for other keyboard, and it works on 3 machines perfectly. One machine even runs Server 2003, which surprised me, since it took quite a bit of trickery to get EQ to even run on Server for my 3rd account.
    Later,
    Selinya