Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to solo

Default how to solo

hey im a new cleric and was just wondering how do clerics solo at higher levels, i thought they only good for healing later on? sorry for newb question 8(
    16 cleric

Default Re: how to solo

once we get to lvl 56 we get a summond hammer that procs very nice. so that is one way, also at that lvl i belive we have once reverse damage shield. so i would say find easy old world mobs, pull them with the reverse ds, melee them down stun, heal self, and continue. thats one way.

also at that lvl i think we have two undead dots, clerics can root an undead, double dot it, and kill that way.

once you get to lvl 61, you then can purchase from DoN merchants a reverse procing damage buff. then i would solo the melee way with the procs adding to the dps.

me myself, i solo in BoT using both of our reverse damage shields for 79 points of DS, along with the lvl 69 reverse procing DS that procs from 550 to 1237, toss on a kiva skin of flame, and my DS gear i have a total of 141 DS plus the procing DS, along with lvl 68 summond hammer or my HoHV i tear the crap out 1-2 mobs at a time in BoT. also, because of my AA, i don't need to stunn to channel a heal most times. i prefer this way of soloing due to my aa and gear. other clerics might want to just root and nuke.

as you lvl you will learn all of the tricks ;-)

don't be afraid to try, remember, if you die, you always get a rez!

;-)

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

how much does the lvl 56 summon hammer damage do?
    16 cleric

Summons a hammer to use as your primary weapon:

Hammer Of Judgement
    SUMMONED NO RENT LORE ITEM MAGIC ITEM NO DROP
    Skill: 1HB Atk Delay:18
    Damage: 14 AC: 10
    Bane DMG: Undead +10
    DEX: +25 WIS: +5 HP: +45 MANA: +45
    SV MAGIC: +5
    Effect: Hand Of The Gods(Combat)
    WT: 0.1 Size: MEDIUM
    Class: CLR
    Race: ALL
    Can be stored in Small and larger containers

The effect "Hand Of The Gods" is a 75 to 150
    direct damage proc that decreases hp's by 75 to 150.

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

ok thanks for the info !
    16 cleric

Keyera said in post #2 :

me myself, i solo in BoT using both of our reverse damage shields for 79 points of DS
    Whoa...wait a moment.

These stack? I thought once you got Mark of the Righteous, it overrode Mark of Retribution. Is that not the case?

(mind aflutter with possibilities here)

MoB (mark of blamless) and MoR (not the healing MoR) stack for a total of 79.

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Ok, that makes sense. I tried the other and it was a no-go, naturally.

thanks!

daron10 said in post #3 :
    how much does the lvl 56 summon hammer damage do?
    Don't worry about the physical damage the hammer does, but focus on the proc on the hammer like Keyera said. The 56 cleric hammer has a 350% proc rate, and as you get the higher level hammers, this scales up to a 630% proc rate. These procs can also crit based on your AA's, and are extremely hard to resist. Combine with Yalup of the appropriate level, and you really can have some fun with it.
    Last edited by jornam; 05-23-2006 at 09:27 AM.
    EQ
    Jornam
    75 Cleric

WoW
    Vostagg
    70 Warrior

the da hammer that drops in cz is the way i go sometimes

throw on the self ward and ds

melee with hammer

it procs a fair bit

ward procs thro da

its $$

kC

THe DA hammer drops in Greigs End, not Cazic Thule btw.

I also solo the same way they Kyera does. It's a lot of fun and challenging to boot. It does require a certain amount of level/aa/gear if you plan on soloing things that will give you any meaningful exp this way though. The trick is for your heals to stay ahead of the damage dealt, and not run out of mana healing yourself. Root-Dotting undead to death is probably your safest bet for a while IMHO. Root-Nuking just doesn't work very well anymore now that they have made our Root break whenever a gnat farts in the zone, and of course every time that one of our nukes land. Horribly inefficient and dangerous to Root-Nuke these days...
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Capitalization is the difference between
    "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse"
    and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Sig courtesy of Hijinx Studios

mea culpa

aye it was the lev shield i was thinking of

was gettin both bout the same time

and was confused

kC

Just experiment a bit.Depending on gear and mob dps its sometimes advisible to not mele at all (600er plus reposes arent fun at low aa/gear ). Just pop up both reserve DSs and perhaps a DS potion and get a ranger buff on top. Together with your defensiv damage proc plus perhaps your hammer pet that can take care of some amazing mobs.

Prici

If you have never solo anything as a cleric i would start off with something that you know you can beat.
    All the above are great ways and can/will give you major dps, which can take down many mobs.
    As a side note: Use your DA on mobs that hit really hard ( make sure you have your DD ward up)
    This is reallly good if you toss an hot on you first, you heal and take some hps off the mob because
    wards procs will work past da. ( and there 3 DA type spells we get if you count the aa one)

Technically there are 4 DA's if you count the hammer from Grieg's End. For any cleric who likes solo'ing it may be very worthwhile to take a friend or two and kill Praetorian Myral when he's up to get this.

The proc rate on it is decent enough and if you audio trigger it, you'll know when it procs so you can med up for a couple ticks at a time for example.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server