Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clerics That have no clue....

Default Clerics That have no clue....

I went to WoS yesterday with a warrior friend from my guild. I was on my SK. We got there and got invited to a SW group. Cleric, me, my friend and the rest rogues. 1 of the rogues was boting a shaman for slows outside the group. 1st pull ( I was puller) my friend dies because the cleric wouldnt use any other heal but cheal.I nicely explained that " Might wanna use some quick heals here sometimes cheals dont always have time to land" to which the cleric responds "quick heals suck". Then the cleric said they never bought any quick heals since (iirc) level 40 something. I just hit /disband.

Default Re: Clerics That have no clue....

wow

especialy with the way the game is now, moving farther and farther away from CH. more often than not now we are using spam healing on raids then cch.

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

Wow

I'm glad they're on Nameless

Sad thing is there not just on Nameless

Wow, I hadn't played my cleric in almost a year cause I switched servers but when I moved her to new server and started playing her again I haven't used a CH since I got in the 60s. Our new quick heals are wonderful. They heal for a decent amount and hit sooo much faster than CH. Wonder how that cleric got so far without realizing that?

There should be flags to prevent people like that from ever leaving WoS. ><

I'm not defending the that cleric because he/she let people die which is very bad. But I myself use CH 80% of the time I was healing in WoS & DoN missions. The reason is because of the mana cost. 400 mana is nothing compared to some of the other heals and I only have a 5K mana pool. There is nothing wrong with using CH as long as you have a tank that is up to par and decent slower. When I have sub par tanks or slowers then that's when I /disband. Plus I have divine arb ready to bail me out of any last second desperate situation. The key is simply to start the first CH early (while the mob is just approaching camp). That way the first one lands ok and by then the slow should be applied. The second CH should be easy peasy japanesy if slow wasn't resisted. I rarely need to use a third unless the dps in the group really sucks or I have a paper tank.

I still have my best remedy, light, HoT and GH memed but I don't use them too much on DoN missions (mostly what I do these days). It's mainly CH for tank, remedy for others and occasional group heal after divine arb was used. I do like to HoT the tank before the creator pops though.

I agree that clerics have to know how and when to use all the healing spells at thier disposal but complete healing still has it's place IMHO.
    Norezferu lvl 72 HE Cleric

/agree norezforu I too only have a 5.5 k mana pool and CH alot for same reason. I can keep most any one alive in wos or a don with it, grated I wont venture into MPG yet Think I will wait till 6.5k mana pool for it.
    Wegador gladly sacrificed himself to serve the beautiful:
    Florince

I am a 58 cleric my mana pool is 4260 and i almost never use CH I use my fast heals and HoT I know they aren’t as mana efficient as CH but they are time efficient. *edit* I do use CH when the mobs are not melting my tanks HPs away but i seam to only get paper tanks now days if i even find a tank class at my lvl. I do enjoy using CH when i can but right noe it is not often. *edit*
    Last edited by menorez; 01-30-2006 at 12:34 PM.
    Menorez Forfree (Me No Rez For Free)
    62 Cleric of Fennin Ro
    No you can't have my gear

Being a good cleric is all about knowing when to use what. We have alot of abilities and spells at our disposal, if you forfeit some of them you loose some options.
    All out CH is fine if you have the tank/slower for it, but it's just not good enough all the time.
    And thank Brell for that
    --------------------

DWARF!!

See I guess I am the opposite of most of you all. I cast HoT on incoming, then cast CH the rest of the fight. I usally only cast a fast heal if the tanks life gets to low between CH's. The amount the heal does compaired to our other heals is great considering it only cost 400 mana. Oh, mana is not really an issue for me since I have a 7k mana pool unbuffed.
    Vidden Surestaff - 70 Epic Cleric
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=896435

Vidden said in post #11 :
    See I guess I am the opposite of most of you all. I cast HoT on incoming, then cast CH the rest of the fight. I usally only cast a fast heal if the tanks life gets to low between CH's. The amount the heal does compaired to our other heals is great considering it only cost 400 mana. Oh, mana is not really an issue for me since I have a 7k mana pool unbuffed.
    Same here.

If the Slower/Snarer/Whoever also gets hit, I toss out a group heal... usually followed by another group heal to heal myself from the pounding I've just earned.

I have over 5k mana at 65... and the only time I've had problems is on crazy over-pulls. ( Like 3 mobs at a time with 1 tank, 2 casters, 1 BL, 1 Druid and me... not fun when roots and mezzes are all resisted. )
    Angelsyn Whitewings, Cleric of Tunare for 65 Seasons.
    Grandmistress Smith - 300, Tailor - 297, Fletcher - 57, Jeweler - 200, Brewer - 200, Baker - 196, Fisherwoman - 165, Potter - 158

@Angelsyn
    That's why Brell invented Divine Arbitration
    --------------------

DWARF!!

Dear SoE,

Thank you so much for our epic 1.5's and 2.0's and the glorious alternate advance ability that is Divine Arbitration. Amen.

~giggle

Exarch Akshaya Ananmaya
    80 Examplar of Erollisi Marr
    Aksy's Myspace

Just remember that DvA has been known to kill group members. DvA has also caused some casters to gain low HP aggro. Nothing much funnier than seeing the mage/wizzy/chanter go from 100% HP to less than 20% after a DvA, right as they land a massive aggro gaining spell/nuke, then they get summomed, you hear/see "WTF?" and then they die before you can land your quick heal.

I like to use Celestial Regen after a DvA sometimes, manaless HoT.

I do agree though that different methods for the player style, zone and mobs. As main healers you have to adjust your heals.

CH is not the be all end all of a Cleric.