Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Clerics That have no clue....

Default Re: Clerics That have no clue....

Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery

The other day I logged in my alt Beastlord to go finish up some of the DoN tasks while LFG. Right away I get a /tell for an Icefall bear caves group. As I'm running through PoK someone /ooc's MGB TENACITY II MB! Buffed up with the MGB's and head on over to the camp. Soon as I show up I see 'uber_guild_cleric_01 begins to cast a spell <Tenacity Rk. II>'. After it's cast I notice that my 247min T2 is overwritten by 150min T2! It get's better.....

After a bit of killing, the tank asked how many AAs the cleric had. The response: 460+. He goes on to ask why the cleric never got SCRM. She answers with 'Why? I have over 10k mana unbuffed. I'll just buff again'. Discussion goes on about longer duration buffs, HoTs, etc. Same answer: I'll just cast again. We go on to find out that she never got DivA either, but she can solo mobs in WoS! Granted, no one died, but it just seemed silly to be in one of the top guilds on the server and never have gotten SCRM or DivA in the span of 460AAs.

Ouch, If we are lucky there not many clerics like that out there that dose that. If it was me tho , I would do my best to try and get him to understand why cheal is not the best heal. Its great for mana , but if you tank dose not have the hps needs your be spending mana rezzing and buffng anyways. In the end keep the tank up even if you go oom

Oh it takes less mana to rez then heal! =) no im not that kinda cleric.

* hands karhar a hat* Here this helps hide the horns =P JK. You are right it tho, but if a cleric heals
    like that odds are he dont have any of his epics.

ranlren said in post #62 :
    Here is a message for all.

Sometimes it isn't the cleric who fails,it sometimes is the puller or the crowd controll and even the tank at times.

Agree 100%

If the tank isnt equipt for the contends it dosent matter what heals the cleric uses. I know its kind of unfair that tanks have to have quite some AAs compared to casters to function efectively but thats sadly the way it is . I had one tank that wanted to do group Trials in Proving ground when asked if he was sure he could take the contends he said "sure" end of story was we never even got to the entrance of the trial since he dies 3 times on the way even with AHL epic 1.5 and maxed divAtrib. and maxed out healing.Luckyly the ranger we took for adds in trial could tank so only he died(the tanknot the ranger) . Sure no apology for clerics who dont know what heal to use in wich situation but whats the poit of forming an exp group when your oom all the time becase the tank cant take the contends and the group would be better of if the cleric tanks ?

cya

Prici