Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clerics That have no clue....

Default Re: Clerics That have no clue....

I keep DB up in my last spell slot at all times. It does come in handy and you WILL have occassion to use it at some point. Mnemonic Retention is kick ass. Having an extra spell is handy as hell and I agree any caster should have it. Hell I even got it on my SK main. DvA is a clerics best friend and probably one of the 1st, if not THE 1st AA any cleric will benefit from no matter whether your a raiding cleric or not. Those 2 AAs are the basis of any good clerics AA set up IMHO. They WILL save your as sooner or later so get 'em.
    O ya, SCM 3 should be on the list also.( I'm guessing everyone already knows the benefit of the healing gif/adept line so I won't even mention those)
    Last edited by 1505; 02-06-2006 at 02:08 PM.

Itek said in post #30 :
    Nuke/buff/utility
    Mark of Kings
    Mark of Retribution
    Elixir
    CH
    Light
    Remedy
    Word of
    Divine Barrier
    My spell set up is a bit different. For groups I have:

CH
    Remedy
    Light
    Elixer
    Vivication
    Vie
    Yalup (Always, not matter what spell set is loaded. I don't EVER sit down)
    Mark of Retribution (This is my swap spot for buffs and Kings)
    DB

My Raid spell set is slightly different:

CH
    Remedy
    Light
    Viv
    DB
    DA
    Divine Intervention
    Yalup
    Misc (Again this is my swap spot, usually it has Elixer in it unless buffing)

As you can see DA/DB always I spam heal a lot and even with 2.0/SCS3/Silent Casting I tend to take agro so these allow me to slide agro back to the tank. I couldn't be as useful without the 9th spell gem, and I wish there were 10+. I agree that this is the next AA you need. After that OMG get DivA!! People recommend the first lvl but if you get all 3 the balancing portion of the AA ensures that you ALMOST never get low hp agro.

Itek said in post #30 :
    "There are NO bad pulls, only exciting ones." - Euri

I'm kinda spoiled now, anything less than a double pull seems too slow.
    Haha, I agree single pulls are boring

I am now level 62, and just beginning to get to areas like BoT, DoN’s, Unrest instance, etc. I am definitely finding that I am using my Quick heal a lot more, although still using CH for probably 70% of my healing (was 95% in my 50’s). It just takes too long to cast. If the trend continues, CH will play less and less a role.

I have about 45 AA’s, but have not gotten DivA yet. Sounds like I may have made a big mistake, although my groups rarely have any deaths.

I think the main reason I have not gotten it is that I do not understand how it works. When it says, “Balances the health of your group such that all group members end up with the same amount of damage taken?, does it mean up to that point? Or going forward?

And how does the “penalty to average? work? Does one person get more of the incoming damage?

Or does it just give all group members the same amount of hp? Like, if I had 5000 hp and my tank had 1000, after DA we would both have 3000? (assuming only two in the group). Hmm…if it works like that then I did make a mistake.

Someone please clear this up for me! My future group-mates will thank you!

Haydei, I don't know exactly .. but i <THINK> that when its 20% penalty... it would average everyone in the group, but it would put a 20% penalty on it... hmm lemme think of an example
    Group Member 1 : 5000
    Group Member 2 : 5000
    Group Member 3 : 5000
    Group Member 4 : 5000
    Group Member 5 : 5000
    Group Member 6 : 5000

total it would be 30,000 hps... it would average that out then place -20% on each average
    ... i can't think right now, lol sorry

my spell set up is

1) Complete Heal
    2) Pious Light
    3) Pious Remedy
    4) Pious Elixer
    5) Word of Vivication
    6) Divine Intervention---Swap Spell Slot
    7) Yalp VII
    Divine Aura/Divine Barrier
    9) Divine Barrier/Divine Aura

and like everyone else was saying, max Divine Arb. A.S.A.P
    and if youve got some other AA's to spend get Celestial Renewal ... usually I Divine Arb. then Use AA to Celestial Renewal for 300 per tick, extremely nice free HoT for everyone *nods*

For Divine Arbitration, imagine this setup when full health

Group member 1 = 5000/8000 (tank)
    Group member 2 = 5000/5000
    Group member 3 = 5000/5000
    Group member 4 = 5000/5000
    Group member 5 = 5000/5000
    Group member 6 = 5000/5000

Say your tank is taking damage and gets a huge spike close to when cheal will land but you're unsure now. 1.8 second cast isn't long enough and you need something quick.

Now your are sitting at

Group member 1 = 2000/8000 (he's down to 25% health, 6k damage missing)
    Group member 2 = 5000/5000
    Group member 3 = 5000/5000
    Group member 4 = 5000/5000
    Group member 5 = 5000/5000
    Group member 6 = 5000/5000

If you hit DVA (and you have first tier), the game says

1) you've taken 6,000 damage total to the group
    2) take 6,000 x 20% (penalty added for tier 1) = 1,200
    3) add 6,000 + 1,200 = 7,200
    4) divine 7,200 up equally among all 6 players in group
    *note this assumes it would not kill a player by doing so, if it does, it removes that player from teh calculation and would divide 7,200 equally among 5 players*

5) 7,200 / 6 = 1200 damage each person would be assigned

Your group health will now look like this:

Group member 1 = 6800/8000 (76% health)
    Group member 2 = 3800/5000 (76% health)
    Group member 3 = 3800/5000 (76% health)
    Group member 4 = 3800/5000 (76% health)
    Group member 5 = 3800/5000 (76% health)
    Group member 6 = 3800/5000 (76% health)

If you had the 2nd tier of DvA, there is a 10% penalty added so your group would look like this:
    * 6,000 * .1 = 600. 6,000+600=6,600. 6,600/6 players = 1100

Group member 1 = 6900/8000 (78% health)
    Group member 2 = 3900/5000 (78% health)
    Group member 3 = 3900/5000 (78% health)
    Group member 4 = 3900/5000 (78% health)
    Group member 5 = 3900/5000 (78% health)
    Group member 6 = 3900/5000 (78% health)

If you had 3rd tier there is no penalty added so your group would look like this:
    * 6,000 / 6 players = 1k damage per player

Group member 1 = 7000/8000 (80% health)
    Group member 2 = 4000/5000 (80% health)
    Group member 3 = 4000/5000 (80% health)
    Group member 4 = 4000/5000 (80% health)
    Group member 5 = 4000/5000 (80% health)
    Group member 6 = 4000/5000 (80% health)

It's extremely useful for so many purposes, and only a 3 minute refresh.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

once ya got it, you will wonder how ya did without..oh yeah, ya just rezed em before.

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

I maxed out both DVA and celstial regin pretty early and now have a hotkey that looks like this from a social, it might help and is really usefull

/g divine arb is inc the drop in HPs is not a AoE nuke....
    /alt activate 169
    /pause 20
    /alt activate 38

this does the DvA and follows it with the regin works great one of my fav, hot buttons to hit
    Wegador gladly sacrificed himself to serve the beautiful:
    Florince

CH has a major role in my group healing situations but i'm lucky to mostly group with guildies and know my how my tanks mitigate and how my effective my slowers are.

If i'm forced into a non-guild group. It's a simple question to my main tank "how many hp's and ac" and then a few quick heals here and there early on to watch how the tank handles damage and how well slower works, then CH the rest of the time other than bad pulls. then it's DvA and Celes Regen. Shammy always assists with group hot. mana rarely drops below 85%. if it's a grind in a place like RSS or DoN missions, i'll reverse ds while mob is inc, then pet hammer and sit back and ch. (btw, does anyone notice that DoN "Nest" seems to have some of the best xp for aa'ing?).

I love cheal, i always use it if it is possible to in groups. usually if grouping with people i dont know I'll go all out healing until I've figured out how tough they are, then start just chain casting cheal, with duck key at the ready. You can last for literally hours without having to med. I've done that in most new group content, dod, por groups.
    Although the new mana regen system might make bigger mana heals more worthwhile.

wegador said in post #38 :
    I maxed out both DVA and celstial regin pretty early and now have a hotkey that looks like this from a social, it might help and is really usefull

/g divine arb is inc the drop in HPs is not a AoE nuke....
    /alt activate 169
    /pause 20
    /alt activate 38

this does the DvA and follows it with the regin works great one of my fav, hot buttons to hit
    Be careful about linking your DvA and your CR together, as the refresh timers are different and your CR may not always be available when you DvA. I did the same thing when I finally got DvA (I procrastinated about it because I didn't like sucking hps from the silkies, the clerics here finally got the benefit thru my skull) and I was disappointed in the result. Better to make 2 hotkeys side by side.

Group/Raid
    1. DB
    2. MotB/DI
    3. Group HoT
    4. DD/Utility/Cure
    5. Group Heal/Cure
    6. Elixir
    7. CH
    8. Light
    9. Yaulp

Solo/PLing
    1. DB
    2. MotB
    3. AEDD/Group HoT
    4. Ward of Retribution
    5. AEStun
    6. Elixir
    7. DD
    8. Light
    9. Yaulp
    Celedine Crashcart
    80 Exemplar of Tunare
    Retired Hussy

Back to Clerics without a clue.. and probably the reason I made one.... I remember an LDON I was in with my warior as the main tank.. we had 2 clerics in the group you would figure that keeping the group alive would not have been a problem but, they could not make up their minds who was gonna heal and who was gonna assist DPS and back up heal... Ended up neither of them healed and we failed the mission... That was another of those /disband moments.

LOL, I've been there too!

Looks like they both sucked at the 'backup heal' role as well

I find I play dps role alot when there are 2 clerics in group. But if the other cleric shows any cluelessness whatsoever, I go back to the mentality that I'm the only cleric in the group and that way we can still get it done!

I do dps a fair bit though when I am main healer... I almost never sit down.

Cleric of "Grave Wisdom" - The Rathe

If there are two clrs in grp, If the other cleric has smaller mana pool ill let them be the CHer, and I'll melee, yaulp, and ninja alot of PR/AHL heals...
    Priest Coaidiel Ovhate
    75 Cleric of the Rathe

I have been in groups with 2 glerics and to make sure that neither of us looked totally DUMB, I talked it out with the other one to make sure we knew our roles. Some of the best LDoN missions I did had me and another cleric in the group.

Now I do have one question that popped into mind while reading the entire post.

Why use DB over DA?? DA has a lower mana cost (not much) and a faster casting timer (for those OH $HIT moments). I know DB has a regen aspect to it, but the times I tried it, it always seemed to be interupted more than DA.

Just want to hear all of the input on the DA vs. DB debate. LOL

I too would like to hear that one, but involving the BDA aa. Couldnt i use that and have NEITHER DA or DB memmed?