Thread: Insane Lag and freezing

skull1 Insane Lag and freezing

Hi i read through a few posts and some of you are smart as tacks, so I have a question...

I dont know if this is a "memory leak" thing i keep hearing about, or a PC issue.

Prior to DoDH release, i could play 3 accounts on 1 pc easily, no lag whatsoever. All models on, all options on. I play on broadband conx, and everywhere but in EQ my PC and conx are lightning fast.

I play on a Sager Laptop 3.6 GHZ, 1024 RAM, 128 Radeon 9700, 60GB HD, I use Omega Drivers for the vid card.

Now, to the actual problem...In heavy traffic zones such as PoK or when I am raiding i lock up completly for 20-45 sec ata time...mouse moves but cant click on anything...completely locked up. I turned off dynamic lighting, clip is almost 0...all spell graphics are off, and still i lag like crazy.

I have re-installed DX9, reinstalled Omega Drivers, nothing works...i feel like banging my head into a freakin wall when I cant heal during a normal MPG group and peoples lives are in the balance. ..i literally have to stare at the ground to be effective.

Is there ANYTHING i may be missing here? I run HiJack-This(which i am afraid to use cuz i have no idea what i would be cutting off), SpyBot S&D, Ad-Aware SE, I have Internet Securitys 2005.
    Tauhs Vita`Amante
    69th Cleric
    Mystical Moonlight
    7th Hammer

(Insert witty link here)-
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=735341

Default Re: Insane Lag and freezing

ohh wanted to add, when/if i load up 2accounts, i start getting weird flickering until i drop the 2nd account
    Tauhs Vita`Amante
    69th Cleric
    Mystical Moonlight
    7th Hammer

They had a major Memory leak issue I know of in september, (which brought on one those emergency patches) shortly after DoD came out, Was said to be "fixed" yet people still constantly had the same problems as you described, I myself have the problems mainly in New DoD zones, and a few PoP/GoD zones,

Some people suggested custom UIs, which for me did seem to improve but nothing solid as every great moon ill get the virtual warning pop-up...And that popping up whilst doing nothing but being :iidle: which would be logically the least of times that it should start having memory problems. I did notice, and /reported it as possiable memory leak, was the fact I could spend 3+ hours in new DoD zones not experience the server farts as i call them that consist of 40+second pauses. UNTIL I at one point go through Guild hall then venture out again (guild portal) then the problems would all of a sudden apear..

Now here these past few days, Group mate in OoW zones, we was experience these lag spikes all in one shot, meaning that it couldnt have a "personal" thing, So its obvious to me that SOE still is haveing memory leak issues,

I can load up lineage 2 with its high polygon graphics, and high resolution, set full everything and not so much as skip a toon, so I know its not my machine "alone" But EQ is an old system that has these issues that I dont believe current devs can always hunt down..
    Priest Coaidiel Ovhate
    75 Cleric of the Rathe

i am running the default UI atm, so i will try a custom and see how that works out
    Tauhs Vita`Amante
    69th Cleric
    Mystical Moonlight
    7th Hammer

hmm, you should be ok with that system with ojne account. is it getting real hot? you said it is laptop? maybe over heating. thats alot of punch in a small container. not nesesarily made for running a hog like eq.

i would first sugest for you what i do for about any lag problems, :

option/advance/turn shaders off.

with those off you should be able to kick your clip back up and be gtg, as long as it isn't a heat issue slowing you down.

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

ok shaders are off, dynamic lighting is off....which sucks btw, and loaded AYA custom UI...i havent had a chance to log on long and see how it fixed or didnt fix the issue, as i am on a 12on 12 off work schedule till tomm morning.

In the GL where i loaded the custom UI up, it seemed to be just like old times, no lag whatsoever...we will see if that holds true in our MPG Raid tomm night.

What i did notice is when i had my cleric up with the new UI, and my ench up on another account with new UI, flickering was gone.
    Tauhs Vita`Amante
    69th Cleric
    Mystical Moonlight
    7th Hammer