Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bunkhouse

fish Bunkhouse

I don't really understand how having 1043 days registered makes me a board newbie. Not that it really matters I guess, but it just seems a little condescending that because I don't spam the board with LOOK HOW UBER THIS ITEM IS or SOMEDAY I'LL TRY THAT LOL or CONGRATS BUDDY!!! that I am a 'newbie'. Therefore I find the system to be bunkhouse.
    PTFO

Default Re: Bunkhouse

4 posts in 1000 days...

1 post, effectively, a year...

vote in the polls... buy a different title (though now it says Lurker, which is probably more accurate)

/em whistles innocently

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

I R Ub3R!!11ONE1221!1! Shower me with gifts and respect...

Pththththt...

Post some. Contribute some.

/shrug

Seems like everyone these days is looking for a handout...
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Capitalization is the difference between
    "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse"
    and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Sig courtesy of Hijinx Studios

heres my lewtz link of the day!

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=10417
    Priest Coaidiel Ovhate
    75 Cleric of the Rathe

Pomaikai said in post #4 :
    I R Ub3R!!11ONE1221!1! Shower me with gifts and respect...

Pththththt...

Post some. Contribute some.

/shrug

Seems like everyone these days is looking for a handout...
    Yes, clearly asking for a little politeness is out of the question.

EDIT\\ Rereading my post I found that I in fact never asked for anything. I was merely pointing out a flaw in the heirarchy. However, I stand by my previous reply as well.
    Last edited by Fyrril; 12-30-2005 at 02:00 AM.
    PTFO

anyone can sign up, then not come back for 2-3 years. to get respect, you have to earn it. it is a give and take. all i have saw so far from you is a semi troll that signed up couple years ago. and now is saying, "woot! look at me! gimie respect! i signed up before you so my opinion means something!"

heh, sorry it don't. so i gave you a more fitting title.

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

Exactly.

Keyera and I have disagreed, quite strongly, in the past. But I value her opinion and I hope she gives mine at least one tenth the weight I give hers.

Yours means NOTHING. With no posts for 3 years you haven't said anything. _I_ watched these boards for years, literally, before posting. Because I wasn't a cleric. Because I didn't have a first hand opinion.

People were offering you a title because you didn't like the default one.

Here's a clue. Wander over to EQtraders boards. Search for Itek. When you have been chastened a bit think on this, I post only about 1 in 3 posts I actually write. The rest I don't consider worth the bandwidth for other people to read.

Calm down.

Also I'd change your sig before the mods figure out what it means.

Oh dear! Why does this happen so often!!

Personally I do`nt care whether I am called a newbie or a plasma conduit cleaner I am just overwelmingly happy to find a forum I can actually learn things about playing a Cleric. I would like to go on record here that I am also very happy about getting so prompt answers to I am sure often are dumb questions.

Camyene

LVL 30 High Elf Cleric.

Least he got a free title, I had to give plat!
    Priest Coaidiel Ovhate
    75 Cleric of the Rathe

Fyrril said in post #6 :

Yes, clearly asking for a little politeness is out of the question.

EDIT\\ Rereading my post I found that I in fact never asked for anything. I was merely pointing out a flaw in the heirarchy. However, I stand by my previous reply as well.
    Yes you did. You were a condescending little snot in your post. "I have been camping the board for years so I deserve a better title than newbie." That was the gist of your post. If you wanted politeness, you should have asked questions regarding the posting hierarchy rather than just trashing talking it.

Let me give you a little example. Say I went to school with you for 3 years. I just saw you around, and maybe said hello to you once or twice in the hall. Then one day I walked up to your friends and started trash talking your Mom and your Sister. Should I expect a polite reply from you? Hmmmm?
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Capitalization is the difference between
    "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse"
    and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Sig courtesy of Hijinx Studios

Pomaikai said in post #11 :

Yes you did. You were a condescending little snot in your post. "I have been camping the board for years so I deserve a better title than newbie." That was the gist of your post. If you wanted politeness, you should have asked questions regarding the posting hierarchy rather than just trashing talking it.

Let me give you a little example. Say I went to school with you for 3 years. I just saw you around, and maybe said hello to you once or twice in the hall. Then one day I walked up to your friends and started trash talking your Mom and your Sister. Should I expect a polite reply from you? Hmmmm?
    Can I please see a quote of the condescending portion of my thread?
    PTFO

Fyrril said in post #1 :
    I don't really understand how having 1043 days registered makes me a board newbie. Not that it really matters I guess, but it just seems a little condescending that because I don't spam the board with LOOK HOW UBER THIS ITEM IS or SOMEDAY I'LL TRY THAT LOL or CONGRATS BUDDY!!! that I am a 'newbie'. Therefore I find the system to be bunkhouse.
    ALL of it. The whole thing. YOU condescended to US. Not the other way round.

Oh, and your sig. PTFO indeed.

You accused those with higher post counts of "fluffing" while you, who had nothing to say EVER, were in fact the one deserving of respect instead.

Wrong, completely off-base.

Oh, I checked and can finally afford a different title. But I think I'll wait till I have more than 50 posts at least before I consider myself for a new title. Your little tirade influenced that decision heavily. (In that the day before I'd voted in enough polls to give me the forum plat needed to change title. I had waited a day to try to decide what nifty title I wanted. Now I want "board newbie" just to spite you.)

Fyrril said in post #1 :
    I don't spam the board with LOOK HOW UBER THIS ITEM IS or SOMEDAY I'LL TRY THAT LOL or CONGRATS BUDDY!!! that I am a 'newbie'. Therefore I find the system to be bunkhouse.
    Here's your quote.

Not once did you offer any constructive criticism about the way it worked you, someone who most of us have never seen post ONCE, just attacked it without any regard to why it was set the way it was.

Personally I post the uber links and I like to see them posted because it gives people motivation to progress. And offering someone, even if only every once in a while, congratulations is a good way for the cleric community to come together and support each other.

The term "Newbie" applied to you in the sense that you are new to posting, you haven't shared your opinions, gave new clerics any sort of help or motivation, or any of the other things this community provides. In that sense, YES, you are a n00b.

Lurker is probably more apporpriate but hey you're still a n00b

This has always been common knowledge on this board. Just have to Look into the store to see all the things you can do

Change Custom Title
    Action Information Details
    Costs: 300 pp
    Sold #: 391
    You Need: 0 pp With this action you can create or change a custom title under your username.